“Great place for combining business with pleasure”

Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown
Ranked #18 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed August 22, 2005

I have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown on several occasions, mostly for business. I have always been impressed with the hotel desk staff, housekeeping, bellman, and valet's friendliness and professionalism- from the moment you pull up to the curb.

My most recent stay I was upgraded to a suite because of my HHonors Member status, which was quite a treat. This Hilton Garden seems to be the only Hilton Garden Inn that takes its HHonors members serious with upgrades and free breakfasts, etc. Much appreciated for one who travels a lot for work. The perks are always appreciated.

On this visit the GenX Gamers Convention (45,000 people) in Indianapolis had just concluded and the hotel seemed a bit worn and untidy in the halls and elevator. I also noted that at 5:30 AM the coffee was not ready in the lobby on Monday morning for those wanting an early morning cup of joe while reading their USA Today papers.

Those would be my suggested improvement comments, but all in all it was-as always a pleasant stay. Hope you keep up with keeping your #1 rating on Tripadvisor.com because Hilton Garden Inn Downtown is a wondeful place for both business and pleasure.

• Stayed: August 2005, traveled on business
8  Thank BrightonMom2

Reviewed May 1, 2005

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in April while attending a convention. The hotel is very nice with a beautify lobby. Rooms are small yet well appointed. Rooms and bathrooms were very clean and came complete with a refridgerator and coffee. Room service was very prompt with good food and reasonable prices. Valet parking is expensive ($19) but they have a self park just around the corner in the Bank One parking garage that is $12 a day with in and out privileges. Room rate is fairly high but is well worth the location and quality of the property. May be able to get discounted rates but since we were attending during a large convention, all hotels were at peak rates. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2005
12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 28, 2005

The Hilton Garden Inn in Indianaoplis is a fabulous hotel. I stayed based on recommendations on this site and was not disappointed at all. For starters, the location is convenient and overlooks a beautiful monument/circle that you can see from several of the rooms. It feels like it's right in the center downtown and it's an easy walk to a bunch of great food places, a nice mall and several of the sports venues are right nearby.

I was in town for business and, from the second I walked in, was greeted by pleasant, friendly staff. My original room was right outside of the elevator area and I wasn't crazy about all that foot traffic. So I went back downstairs and a member of the desk staff immediately offered to help me and, upon hearing my concern, reassigned me to an awesome corner room that directly overlooked the Soldier's monument - no problems.

The rooms are a great size and you don't feel like you're walking in a circle - they have beautiful high ceilings as well. The bathrooms are also much bigger than the closets you find in some hotels. Both the room and bathroom were incredibly clean and well-situated - better than any other hotel I've been in. The beds are comfortable and the rooms come with complimentary high-speed internet. The housekeeping staff is through and accomodating of special requests (i.e. I left a note on the bed that I didn't need the underblanket and it was neatly folded on the unused bed for the rest of my stay)

The restaurant is top-notch - I had some pasta on my first night and you couldn't have told me I wasn't in an authentic Italian restaurant. The staff are friendly without being pushy and there is generally just a relaxed, cool vibe all throughout the hotel. When you need help, it's there but there isn't a constant "can I help you? can I help you?" that gets annoying.

This is just a really cool place and, even as someone who isn't crazy about hotels in general and is very picky, I can't recommend it enough. The environment is comfortable and the staff is wonderful.

• Stayed: April 2005, traveled on business
17  Thank WindowSeatPlease
Reviewed March 23, 2005

We went to Indianapolis for the 1st and 2nd round of the NCAA tournament this past weekend. We were fortunate enough to get a booking at this hotel with most hotels downtown booked! We stayed 3 nights and were in walking distance to the RCA dome (4 blocks). The hotel staff was very friendly and courteous. William was always concerned everything was going well and asked how everything was when we were leaving. He also gave us a tip on when we can book a room for the Final Four next year. The whole staff went over and beyond their call of duty to make our stay wonderful. They let us do an early checkin and we needed this because a friend of ours didn't have tix to the first set of games and needed to stay somewhere during this time.
The rooms were very clean and quiet(not always the case at hotels). I am a frequent traveler and I found the beds more comfortable than usual. The rooms included a small, tall fridge and a small microwave, which was perfect for a short visit. It didn't seem as though we waited for elevators long either on such a busy weekend. The workout facility was perfect. There were two bikes, ellipticals, and two treadmills all in working order. It also included the dumbbells (small weight ones). There was a pool (not too big) and a very small hottub, which we didn't use.
We were very pleased with the hotel overall. I do not have one complaint. Oh, I enjoyed the warm, delicious cookies they had in the late afternoon on the hotel desk.
** Sidenote: They had secure entrance in the evening along with a security guard.

• Stayed: January 2005