“Worst Hotel EVER”

Ranked #19 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
ohio
“Worst Hotel EVER”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I booked 2 Queen suites for a 2 night stay to accomodate a large group of women for my 40th Birthday Girls weekend away. I called the day prior to my reservation to let them know we would arrive around 10:30pm and to request our rooms were close to each other. They said it would be no problem. The night of our reservation, at 9pm, I get called to say my rooms were given away due to overbooking and that they had rebooked me at another hotel, 20 miles away, in the middle of nowhere. They ruined my entire weekend and could have cared less. We ended up at a Hyatt Place at Keystone and were treated like royalty. Hearing it was my 40th Birthday, the Hyatt Place staff surprised me with 3 red roses in a vase and 12 gourmet cupcakes. THAT is customer service. The Hilton Garden Inn was rude, uncaring and the worst service I have experienced. Do NOT stay there.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank homecom
HGI-IndyDowntown, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
I do understand your frustrations, but we do honor reservations that are guaranteed with a valid credit card. If we do not have a valid guarantee we are not able to hold that reservation. I know my staff went out of the way to find you another hotel since the city was full. I apologize if the experience was not up to standards.

Sincerely

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

This was our first time staying in downtown Indianapolis. Our family of four enjoyed our stay at the HGI. It is in a great location downtown. Easy walking distance to Bankers life fieldhouse and circle center mall. Staff was very nice and helpful. Breakfast was great. Just wished our key would have worked in pool area so we didn't have to keep getting staff to let us in. Thanks for the added bonus for staying with you our first time. We will see when we come back to Indy.

Stayed February 2014
HGI-IndyDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
I was pleased to see you decided to stay with us, and for the first time you received the experience we hope we give every guests.

I do apologize about the pool lock. We do seem to have issues when water gets in the lock. We will look at trying to either get this corrected or look into another lock.

Bowling Green, IN
Reviewed February 14, 2014

This hotel is AMAZING!!! Right on Monument Circle, one block from Circle Center and all the wonderful restaurants down town. The hotel is very clean, polite and courteous staff. But most of all, the beds are WONDERFUL. My children love the pool and hot tube. My family and I stay here every time we "just got to get away", even though we live only 60 miles from Indy.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank HotMommaMoon
Our staff enjoys hearing our guests return because they had such a great experience. It really enhances moral knowing we are providing a valuable service.

Since you do stay with us throughout the year please let us know when you are with us again. My staff and I would like to thank you personally.

See you soon,

Fort Recovery, United States
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I visited this hotel while on a girls weekend. It was easily accessible to shopping, restaurants and nightlife. The price was extremely reasonable. We didn't have time to check out the pool and hot tub area. One of the elevators was out of service so we had to wait quite a while several times for an elevator but it wasn't too hateful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Nicole H
HGI-IndyDowntown, Richard Letko-GM at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you for a positive review.

I do understand how frustrating waiting for the elevator can be.

The elevators are an inconvenience, but we are upgrading them so they will be more efficient once they are completed. We are looking at April 2014 for completion of the elevator.

Next time you are town please contact me, so I amy thank you personally.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

This is a great hotel with some very cool amenities. Rooms are well appointed, nicely renovated and very comfortable. The beds, although impossibly small (true doubles) are VERY comfortable. In my opinion, winter may not be the time to visit. The lobby here is sooooo cold that I felt bad for the staff. Elevators were under construction making the wait in the lobby lengthy AND COLD! The pool and hot tub sounded like a nice amenity, but the pool was too cold to really enjoy and the low temp in the pool area made it uncomfortable after being wet. I was appreciative of the accommodations, but heat would have been really beneficial, in several areas of this hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
I do want to apologize about the cold. When wind chills are negative 10 through negative 25 it is really difficult to keep the lobby warm with our front doors opening and closing as much as they do, These temperatures are not the norm, and we are usually able to keep the hotel very comfortable through the winter. This one is just one of the coldest Indy has ever seen.

The elevators are an inconvenience, but we are upgrading them so they will be more efficient once completed. We are looking at April 2014 for completion of the elevator.

Next time you are town please contact me, and I will make sure you have a better experience guaranteed.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed February 6, 2014

This HGI is a very dated hotel, but nice. It has that feel of the 60's where it was a Grand hotel of it's time. The hotel is a bit on the pricy side, but you are right in the middle of the circle. Capital Building about 3 blocks away and about 15 mins., from the race way. Tons of resaurant around and within walking distance, so no need to drive around downtown, just walk and take in the scene.

Room Tip: I was on the 8th floor and was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
HGI-IndyDowntown, Richard Letko-GM at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Our Hotel is a registered Historic Building. It was Fletcher Bank when first built exactly 100 years ago. It was also the place where offices were established in the hunt to capture Dillinger.

My staff is always looking for ways to give the best experience possible. I will be sure to share these positive comments.

Please look for out 100 year celebration in June. We hope you are able to re-visit us during that time.

Greenwood, Indiana
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Stayed the night of February 4th due to the snow forecast. Greeted at the desk by a nice young lady who promptly checked us in and explained that the bed had adjusting firmness.....nice!! Our room was on the 13th floor. There were only two working elevators as one was under construction. The elevator wait time was a bit more than I liked but not a deal breaker. The room had two double beds, a desk, nicely kept bath area and a great view of Monument circle. The windows seemed to go right up to the ceiling! It was very nice! We checked out the gym on the lower level. There were only two treadmills and a few other items to use but again, clean and well kept. Couldn't get in to check out the pool as my card did not work. Had a good night's rest and was ready for the morning!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us during your time in Indianapolis. It appears you had a great experience, However there were some challenges you encountered.

We will make sure we address the ones you described immediately. Our elevators are bit of an inconvenience because they are under construction. We finished one, and we have two left, which does make for a little wait at times. I do apologize about that, but once they are all fixed we should have no issues in that area any longer.

We hope to see you in the near future and guarantee you will even have a better experience next time.