“Wedding hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown
Ranked #17 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We chose this hotel for our wedding accomodations (our even was held at D'Amore in chase tower). Overall the staff is very friendly and accomodating - they went above and beyond for us. The location is great if you want to access the circle.

I only have 2 negatives. One of the elevators were down when we went which made the wait time enormous. Also the rooms are a little smaller but that comes with the terrirory given the location of it being downtown and it being a historic building.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
HGI-IndyDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

We realize how special and stressful planning a wedding can be. We do our best so you have the best experience possible.

We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to be part of this special occasion.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Located near Monument Circle and the Capitol, the Hotel is close to nightlife, shopping and attractions such as the Museums and the Zoo. Emily and Allison at the front desk were extremely warm, professional and helpful. I stayed in a suite on the 16th floor - very spacious, nice views, and comfortable and clean. Room service was fast and the food very good. Avery good experience here, as always.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

It was wonderful to read such a great review. Emily and Allison are truly a big part of our success in making sure each guest has a wonderful experience. Thank you for mentioning them by name.

We share all comments with our team, and It is a treat to see their face light up when they see their names being mentioned in such a positive manner.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

During a week long business training in Indianapolis I stayed at the Garden Inn. I was not looking forward to staying at a hotel for a week but I was constantly pleasantly surprised. From my greeting as I walked through the front door, the check in process, the comfort and size of the room, the pool and work out facilities, as well as the baggage hold after checkout made my stay a pleasure; vacation-like. I found the history of the building interesting as well as little touches such as hallway exit signs near the floor in case of smoke. If I was to make any suggestions for improvement, it would be to make the television viewable from more parts of the room by putting it on a track to pull out of the bureau and swivel. That way it could be seen from the very comfortable lounging chair.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

We understand being away from home is difficult especially if more than a few days; that is why we try to get to know our guests one-on-one.

When going out of town you want to feel like you are among people who care, and we make sure every team member does by showing exceptional service, and giving you an experience you will remember so you will visit us again.

It does make it easier to get to know our guests when they are here for a few days, and I am glad to see that we are making contact along with meeting your expectations.

Thank you so much and I hope to meet you next time you visit Indy.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We love the Hilton Garden Inn brand and this hotel was no exception. Wonderful staff and great location right downtown. Close to Circle Monument and Circle City Mall. Great restaurants right in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

All our staff thanks you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thankful we are so privileged to have such a unique historic building as a Hilton Garden Inn. We are proud of our hotel, and want to make sure every guest takes home a unique and wonderful memory.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I was here for 3 days for a meeting. The hotel is older but the rooms are nice. The front desk staff was helpful and efficient.

I wasn't a fan of the bed, but I'm spoiled with a real Select Comfort bed at home. These seem like cheap imitations. I must have had it set too firm, although I sleep on a very firm setting in my own bed. I wasn't there long enough to get the hang of it.

The breakfast happened to be included in my room rate. There was a buffet that wasn't anything spectacular but was adequate.

You can walk to a large mall and several restaurants.

As an aside, the meeting room we were in was freezing. The weather was in the 40's and the walls and windows seemed to have no insulation. You could feel the cold air pouring through, even with the thermal drapes drawn.

The exercise room was small but adequate. There was a pool and spa but I didn't use them.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
HGI-IndyDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

I first want to apologize about the meeting room being too cold. That is not acceptable, and we will look at that immediately.

We do have certain items on our breakfast buffet we must carry, but we are allowed to add our own items too. If you have any suggestions we are always looking for ideas. Please feel free to call my at your convenience to discuss. We want to make each guest experience the best we can.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

My daughter (25), and I traveled to Indianapolis for a business over a long weekend.
The staff was very friendly, from the front desk to the maintenance guys.
We were on the 15th floor, which seemed very private and very quiet. Our beds were so comfortable that we slept longer than we were going to. The beds are adjustable soft/hard. The pillows were just right. I really don't think I have slept that well in a very long time.
We had a corner room with windows on 2 sides, and a nice view.
The hotel is in a good location. The street below is brick, and there is a large roundabout with shops that are easy to walk to or drive around.
The valet service was great. We just dialed "0" and asked for the car whenever we needed it, and dropped it off when we were done.
This hotel is in the middle of downtown. We had no problems at all walking or driving, even during the football game (the stadium is close by too.)
All in all, an excellent time.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for writing such a detailed review, and it is nice to see that you had a great experience.

I was glad you enjoyed your room type, with being a historic building all rooms are spacious, and each layout is a little different for the others.

We hope to see you the next time you have business in Indy, please let the front desk know you are a returning guest.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Beautiful hotel & very close to various activities. The staff are a great asset and are always willing to help. This was our 5th time staying at this hotel and we will be returning. Easy access to and from the interstate system and had no problems arriving at the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for being a repeat guest. Our ultimate goal is for every guest to have a great experience and return over and over again.

Next time you are in town please look me up so I may personally thank you and show our appreciation.

Sincerely.