“Great hotel with a great location”

Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown
Ranked #19 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
Dallas, Texas
“Great hotel with a great location”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Wonderful and welcoming hotel that is clean and pays great homage to the historic nature of the building. Front Desk was pleasant, helpful, and attentive and made for a nice check-in experience - even in a minor blip overall. My key did not work, but I called the front desk from the 11th floor. The lady was up with new keys nearly instantly, which was important to me as I needed to check-in to drop off bags and head back out the door.

Nice view from my room, decent size, clean and comfortable. I wish I would have remembered the information offered me at check-in about adjusting the firmness of the bed, though! That said, I still slept just fine.

Housekeeping did a great job attending to my room and it was always a welcoming experience coming back home.

Location is great. You walk out the door and literally are a block away from Monument Circle. Easy to walk to all of the downtown attractions, even Lucas Oil Stadium (which is where I went) was only about a 10 minute easy walk.

I ate breakfast in the restaurant the second night I was there, and wish I had joined for the first. Tasty food with either a buffet option of hot and cold or and omelet. I chose an omelet and was not disappointed. Service was pleasant and attentive.

I could return next time I'm in Indy...

Room Tip: If just parking a car and leaving it parked, consider the parking ramp a half block away. Only $10...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
HGI-IndyDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
We appreciate your comments while stay with us.

I do apologize about our key system. Those keys are so sensitive if they are anywhere near a cell phone or credit card magnetic strip they get erased. We are working on trying to get this rectified.

I will make sure all departments are aware of your comments. Positive comments on having such a great guest experience really lifts team spirits.

Thanks for taking the time,

Richard Letko-GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Xenia, United States
Reviewed August 22, 2013

For a convention event volunteer room the beds are too small. The convention assigns 4 people to a room with only two full sized beds. Very crowded. Very difficult to sleep comfortably. The curtains are not dark enough either. Working late each night it was difficult to sleep late enough with the sunlight coming into the room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

The convention center does assign rooms not the hotel. We give them the exact bed types we have which are standard double beds 2 in each rooms. I agree that sleeping 4 people in those rooms even if related is a little difficult, however we do not have any control on what rooms are assigned.

The rooms should have black-out drapes in them, so you do have our apologies if they were not in place. This will be investigated.

Again, we want everyone to experience the best we have to offer, but there are some area's out of our control.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have lived in Indy and had never been to this hotel but when I had the recent opportunity to do so, all I could say was WOW!!! A beautiful building/rooms, everything exceeded my expectations.The restaurant was nice, I took advantage of the all you can eat soup and salad for lunch-cant wait to go again, for a very reasonable price. The selection was great and so was Karen, the hostess. I was totally satisfied and will recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Always use the valet parking-well worth it!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HGI-IndyDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for ackowleging our restaurant staff.

The Hilton Garden Inn has some of the best F&B team in the city. We are so privlideged to have such tallent as some of the bigger hotels in the area..

Thank you for acknowledging our restaurant staff.

The Hilton Garden Inn has some of the best F&B team in the city. We are so privileged to have such talent as some of the bigger hotels in the area..

The last two years we have also been participating in Zoobilation (one of the biggest food events in Indy). We hold our restaurant to high standards and most people are pleasantly surprised.

Next time you visit please let me know to personally hand you our certificate for a complimentary appetizer & beverage.

Alliance, United States
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Great stay at the Hilton Garden Inn! Very beautiful and clean facility. Staff were wonderful and very friendly. Fridge and microwave in the room. Valet parking was fantastic. They had my vehicle ready for me when it was time to depart in the morning. It's a must stay if you are staying in downtown Indianapolis.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for using one of the terms I always emphasis "EXPERIENCE".

Our goal is to give the best guest service possible. We know that success is based on word of mouth from our guests. We cannot thank you enough for saying with us, and letting us know we are providing the service expected.

We are 100% committed in giving everyone we can the best experience possible.

Columbus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have been here twice this year. Each time my stay was for multiple weeks. I was always greeted warmly. It was two and a half months from the end of one stay to the beginning of the other, I was greeted by name when I pulled in for valet parking late on a Sunday night. Do you know how amazing that is? I felt like I had truly come home.

I am a vegetarian. Cam and the restaurant staff made me feel comfortable, made me feel special and made accommodations and changes to meals for me.

There were many days that the valet staff had my car down waiting for me, I didn't have to call for it.

The front desk staff? Always smiling and helpful.

Teresa, you have a wonderful staff. I wish I could list all of your names. I don't think I have enough room.

Room Tip: I haven't had a bad room, so take your pick.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HGI-IndyDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
I wanted to thank you very much for such wonderful comments.

We really try to focus on our managers making it a everyday process of being visible and interacting with our guests. I was pleased to see our chef is adhering to those standards too.

I hope to get a chance to meet you on your next visit and personally thank you for making the public aware that we want every guest to have a great experience at the Hilton Garden Inn- Downtown Indy.

Henderson, United States
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This hotel is very welcoming, friendly staff, great location. My room (on this one visit) wasn't very clean and didn't smell fresh. This is the first tim I've had this happen at this location (the hotel was completely booked).

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGI-IndyDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
My sincere apologies your room was not to the standard you and I expect. My staff and I know how important being one of the cleanest hotels in the city draws repeat business.

We are not perfect, so when we make a mistake we want to make it right so please give me a call to discuss. Also let me know when you are in town again so I may personally apologize for the issue.

Orlando, United States
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I travel into Indianapolis on business frequently and the downtown HGI is by far one of my favorite local hotels to stay at. Everyone there is always willing to help and very friendly. I've never had a negative experience and recommend it to all my coworkers.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Wow....Again thanks for always staying with us, and never having any issues that speaks volumes....

I know our staff really tries hard to know our repeat guests. It is a little harder for me since I do not have as much direct contact, but it would be my pleasure to talk more over a cocktail so please let me know next time you are in town,

Thanks,