“Love this hotel and the staff is amazing!”

Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown
Ranked #19 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Columbus, Ohio, United States
“Love this hotel and the staff is amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have been here twice this year. Each time my stay was for multiple weeks. I was always greeted warmly. It was two and a half months from the end of one stay to the beginning of the other, I was greeted by name when I pulled in for valet parking late on a Sunday night. Do you know how amazing that is? I felt like I had truly come home.

I am a vegetarian. Cam and the restaurant staff made me feel comfortable, made me feel special and made accommodations and changes to meals for me.

There were many days that the valet staff had my car down waiting for me, I didn't have to call for it.

The front desk staff? Always smiling and helpful.

Teresa, you have a wonderful staff. I wish I could list all of your names. I don't think I have enough room.

Room Tip: I haven't had a bad room, so take your pick.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HGI-IndyDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
I wanted to thank you very much for such wonderful comments.

We really try to focus on our managers making it a everyday process of being visible and interacting with our guests. I was pleased to see our chef is adhering to those standards too.

I hope to get a chance to meet you on your next visit and personally thank you for making the public aware that we want every guest to have a great experience at the Hilton Garden Inn- Downtown Indy.

Richard Letko-GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Henderson, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

This hotel is very welcoming, friendly staff, great location. My room (on this one visit) wasn't very clean and didn't smell fresh. This is the first tim I've had this happen at this location (the hotel was completely booked).

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGI-IndyDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
My sincere apologies your room was not to the standard you and I expect. My staff and I know how important being one of the cleanest hotels in the city draws repeat business.

We are not perfect, so when we make a mistake we want to make it right so please give me a call to discuss. Also let me know when you are in town again so I may personally apologize for the issue.

Orlando, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I travel into Indianapolis on business frequently and the downtown HGI is by far one of my favorite local hotels to stay at. Everyone there is always willing to help and very friendly. I've never had a negative experience and recommend it to all my coworkers.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGI-IndyDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Wow....Again thanks for always staying with us, and never having any issues that speaks volumes....

I know our staff really tries hard to know our repeat guests. It is a little harder for me since I do not have as much direct contact, but it would be my pleasure to talk more over a cocktail so please let me know next time you are in town,

Thanks,

Downers Grove, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Really liked the hotel and plan to stay there again. People were friendly and responsive. Nice lobby area. Good breakfast. Convenient location in downtown Indianapolis. Do recommend it as an option to stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hearing from guests like you really makes responding to these comments fun. I want to insure you my staff is very aware of what guests are saying about us, and we are so pleased we are standing up to great service expectations.

When you are in town again let the front desk know. I would like to either buy you a drink or an appetizer.

Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed at the downtown Hilton Garden Inn for a wedding. Staff were friendly and front desk helpful.
Older hotel so room not so spacious, however clean and had a reasonable standard of decor. King rooms have a sleep number bed, but I didn't find it very comfortable. A friend did get stuck in the elevator and it was out of action for the rest of our stay.

It was unclear where the self parking was located and after going once the block, we had to ask a hotel employee who was having a smoke outside. Fortunately he was very helpful and sent us to a nearby public parking garage (there was still no indication we were in the right place until we checked with the attendant).

On the whole I would recommend this hotel for downtown stay in Indy, as it is located very near the circle, (several good cafes and breakfast spot near by if you don't want to eat in the hotel.)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your picking the Hilton Garden Inn- Indy downtown. We are centrally located so everything it is within a walk able distance.

It does appear that you notice our hotel had a different look then the rest of the Hilton Garden Inn. That is because this registered an historic building . This building was built in 1914, and was Fletcher bank at one time. It was renovated to a hotel in 2003.

We have had periodic issues with our elevators, and since you were not the first we have been authorized to upgrade all three elevators which is taking place now.

I hope you have a chance to come and visit Indy again, and if you do please let the front desk know to contact me.

Thanks again,

Alliance, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Thanks to your staff for providing my customers with an outstanding stay at your facility. The front desk personnel was outstanding in providing us with information and directions of the downtown area. They were very friendly and attentive. The Hilton Garden Inn of downtown Indianapolis assisted me in impressing my customers. We were in town to attend a factory tour at United Technologies. The rooms were to the usual quality that I expect from a Hilton property. Thank you again for helping me to impress my customers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the ultimate comment. When we are able to impress one of our guests clients then I know we have the right team in place.

I really appreciate you taking the time to let everyone know that we are working to give the best guests experience possible.

Richard Letko- GM
Lexington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I would recommend this hotel, it was a great time!!! The staff was very friendly and attentive to my needs, this hotel in my opinon it is one of the finest places I have stayed.. The room was clean, and extremely well insulated, I could not hear anything other than what was going on in my room. No noise at all. The maid service was top notch, and did not miss beat.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGI-IndyDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
I appreciate your kind remarks about the Hilton Garden Inn- Indianapolis Downtown.

You remarks touched on what we focus on daily in order to give the best experience possible. Our managers work hard at developing a team that will go out of their way for our guests. When I read positive comments as yours I know we are meeting our standards.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. My staff and I truly enjoy knowing we provided great service.

Richard Letko