“Good stay downtown Indy”

Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown
Ranked #16 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed at the downtown Hilton Garden Inn for a wedding. Staff were friendly and front desk helpful.
Older hotel so room not so spacious, however clean and had a reasonable standard of decor. King rooms have a sleep number bed, but I didn't find it very comfortable. A friend did get stuck in the elevator and it was out of action for the rest of our stay.

It was unclear where the self parking was located and after going once the block, we had to ask a hotel employee who was having a smoke outside. Fortunately he was very helpful and sent us to a nearby public parking garage (there was still no indication we were in the right place until we checked with the attendant).

On the whole I would recommend this hotel for downtown stay in Indy, as it is located very near the circle, (several good cafes and breakfast spot near by if you don't want to eat in the hotel.)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
HGI-IndyDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

We appreciate your picking the Hilton Garden Inn- Indy downtown. We are centrally located so everything it is within a walk able distance.

It does appear that you notice our hotel had a different look then the rest of the Hilton Garden Inn. That is because this registered an historic building . This building was built in 1914, and was Fletcher bank at one time. It was renovated to a hotel in 2003.

We have had periodic issues with our elevators, and since you were not the first we have been authorized to upgrade all three elevators which is taking place now.

I hope you have a chance to come and visit Indy again, and if you do please let the front desk know to contact me.

Thanks again,

Richard Letko-GM

Write a ReviewReviews (1,107)

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Thanks to your staff for providing my customers with an outstanding stay at your facility. The front desk personnel was outstanding in providing us with information and directions of the downtown area. They were very friendly and attentive. The Hilton Garden Inn of downtown Indianapolis assisted me in impressing my customers. We were in town to attend a factory tour at United Technologies. The rooms were to the usual quality that I expect from a Hilton property. Thank you again for helping me to impress my customers.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the ultimate comment. When we are able to impress one of our guests clients then I know we have the right team in place.

I really appreciate you taking the time to let everyone know that we are working to give the best guests experience possible.

Richard Letko- GM

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I would recommend this hotel, it was a great time!!! The staff was very friendly and attentive to my needs, this hotel in my opinon it is one of the finest places I have stayed.. The room was clean, and extremely well insulated, I could not hear anything other than what was going on in my room. No noise at all. The maid service was top notch, and did not miss beat.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGI-IndyDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

I appreciate your kind remarks about the Hilton Garden Inn- Indianapolis Downtown.

You remarks touched on what we focus on daily in order to give the best experience possible. Our managers work hard at developing a team that will go out of their way for our guests. When I read positive comments as yours I know we are meeting our standards.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. My staff and I truly enjoy knowing we provided great service.

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on a business trip in July. The room was very clean and spacious with free wifi and plenty of TV channels. Hotel breakfast was buffet style but you can order eggs/pancakes made for you. Front desk were extremely helpful and always friendly and smiley. I would definantly stay here again

• Stayed: July 2013
HGI-IndyDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Last year we did upgrade out TV's to HD. The up side is we really enhanced the number of channels we receive, and the down side is we no longer have pay-per view. However, our internet is free and fast enough for you to down load movies with a computer or tablet.

A clean room is also one of the areas that we know will give a guest a great experience, so thank you for pointing that out. I will make sure to pass on the positive comments to my staff,

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond,

Reviewed July 26, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn is a good place to stay that is conveniently located to most businesses in the downtown Indianapolis area. The front desk personnel are helpful. Breakfast at the hotel restaurant is prepared and very good.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

The Hilton Garden Inn- Downtown Indy has a good base of corporate clients, and because of that we are very good at knowing what is important to those corp clients.

There are many hotels in the city, and the only way we can be successful is to insure we meet our clients expectations. To do this we need to give the best experience possible.

I really appreciate your comments. I make sure the entire staff is aware of what our guests are commenting on.

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My family of 4 thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our room was clean. All of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the quality for our money was exceptional! The pool area was wonderful and we actaully had the pool to ourselves majority of the time. We will definitely stay in this historic hotel on our next trip to Indy.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I enjoyed reading your comments, and very pleased you enjoyed your stay.

We do a lot of corporate business compared to leisure business in the city, so I was glad to read that you were able to enjoy our pool/Jacuzzi area. It does not get a lot of us. However, I feel it is a real nice area that guests would enjoy if they have the opportunity.

Next time you are in town please make sure let me know it would be a pleasure to meet you in person.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have stayed at most of the hotels in downtown Indy over the years. This hotel and its staff are outstanding! Even on my first stay it felt like coming home. The staff really make coming back here worth it!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I really appreciate your response reading this really makes me and everyone understand how important guest services really is. I make sure everyone on my team knows they are empowered to do what it takes to make a guest happy. I am pleased to see this is working.

Thanks so much for your kind comments,