“Never a bad stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown
Ranked #16 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in downtown Indianapolis at least once a year, and I have yet to be disappointed. The staff alone makes this hotel completely amazing. The front desk staff makes us feel welcome, valets are quick and professional, housekeeping keeps the rooms in pristine condition.

We stay in the 1 bedroom corner suites when we stay, as we like the extra space with our kids. The rooms are so large you could easily sleep 6 without feeling cramped (and we have!). The corner suites are also completely segregated, so there is no noise from surrounding rooms, nor do you hear noise from the hall/elevators as the bedroom is far from the hall.

The beds are sleep number beds, and we both find them too hard even on the softest setting, but that is the only issue either of us have.

Our boys (3 and 5 currently) love the views from the many windows (lots of natural light), and the very large bathroom. They especially like the toilet that is separated with a door!

In all, this is our favorite hotel in downtown Indy. Don't miss the awesome restaurants across the street (Giorgio's amazing pizza, and Dick's Bodacious BBQ), and try out the awesome suites.

Room Tip: Get the corner suites. No noise, close to elevators, lots of natural light, HUGE rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank soozenw
Write a ReviewReviews (1,089)

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Convenient and pleasant hotel for business travel in the city center. Historical bank building designed by famous 19th century architects (including author Kurt Vonnegut's grandfather) is beautifully re-purposed and preserved.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Location: The location of the hotel is conveniently in the middle of Downtown, so navigation to places such as the Circle Center mall or Indiana Convention Center is extremely easy, whether you're here on holiday or for work. Lots of monuments and museums to see nearby as well. Staff: The concierge staff are helpful and polite. The restaurant staff are also super friendly. I was traveling alone and the breakfasts started my days on a good note. Room: My room was clean and quiet. WiFi is fast and reliable. I appreciated the iron and ironing board since I was on a business trip and had clothes to press. I was puzzled by the lack of toothbrush and toothpaste in the bathroom, but got them at the Pavilion Pantry on the first floor - for free even, using the $5 coupon provided with my keycards. Since there was nothing in my mini-bar I also used the coupon to get some food. Overall: Very pleasant experience. Would stay there again if I were back.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

This hotel is located steps from Monument Circle in downtown Indy. It's a great location, walkable to many attractions in Indy, including the Circle City mall (if you can find a pedestrian entrance!), Monument Circle and it's monument and cool architecture of the surrounding buildings, and the hip Massachusetts Av with bars and restaurants.

There is valet or self parking right next door at $17 a day.

There is also a free fitness center and indoor pool in the basement (which we did not use.)

The hotel itself is in a handsome old bank building with a spacious lobby with seating and fireplace, a 24-hour free coffee/tea station and a 24-hour small store with sundries, soda and snacks. There is a restaurant off the lobby, which we didn't visit.

The hotel rooms definitely needs an update from it's mid-80s neo-classical style, but that doesn't take away from the good-sized rooms, and functional, if not elegant bathrooms. The rooms have mini fridges, a small microwave, TV, coffee/tea maker and good closet and drawer space. Bath products and towels are of a good quality, and abundant, and there is good water pressure.

The bed was comfortable enough, though i could not get the advertised dial to make each side harder or softer to work.

Staff was pleasant and helpful, and quickly dealt with two very small issues (some trays left in the hall all day (gross); and a malfunctioning key-bard) cheerfully and apologetically.

I was impressed overall.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Nice, quiet hotel close to Monument Circle. Great location, good value. All the amenities. The staff were friendly and helpful. I appreciated the free WIFI. I enjoyed my stay and would stay there again.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I really like how they kept the style of the old building but still modernized everything else inside. We had a pleasant, one night stay. Our double bed room was spacious with a nice bathroom and view. The front desk and breakfast personnel were helpful and friendly. Perfect location for walking anywhere in downtown Indy. $25 valet parking was on-par for downtown Indy. We have stayed at other Hilton properties in Indy but I think this is our new first choice.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here, the location is fantastic for getting around downtown. The staff was incredibly helpful and went out of their way for us. A couple small complaints and my reasons for not marking this as 5 stars, the cleanliness of the bathroom was an issue. There was a small amount of blood on the mirror and on the wall which was rather gross. The other issue was our room keys kept getting deactivated. We were in a large group and I'm wondering if that was part of the issue, but we were constantly having to go downstairs to have them reactivate our keys. Other than those two things, everything was great!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
HGI-IndyDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Your comments are greatly appreciated. I admit recently we had challenges in the housekeeping department. We recently made some positive changes in that area, and I give you my guarantee these issues will be solved. The next time you stay with us please let me know (there will be no housekeeping issues).