Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown
JW Marriott Indianapolis(Indianapolis)
$259
Orbitz.com
1,133 results
All reviewsmonument circlebank buildinggreat locationvalet parkingwithin walking distancean older buildingcorner roomvalet servicebeautiful hotelgreat place to stayfront desk staffself parkroom was largewould definitely stay here againconvention centerbusiness triplucas oil stadium
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This was a very nice alternative (i have stayed at Conrad in past). The staff was very friendly, helpful and the location was perfect. This property is different from most HGI's because its in an older building that has been renovated...some cool features. The rooms are set up nicley and are good size. Breakfast in the morning was very nice and again he service was awesome. Only down point was the elevators were extremely slow, maybe because they looked "retro". Nice place and i would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
indyilinds, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Come back any time!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

This was better than I expected for a Hilton Garden Inn. Check-in was quick and my room (with two double beds) was quite spacious and clean. The location was very convenient. I walked to dinner the first night I was there. I ate at Adobo Grill and it was excellent (I had guacamole/chips and a butternut squash enchilada). There do seem to be a number of panhandlers around, so if you are not comfortable with that, be aware. It doesn't bother me, so it was an easy walk to Adobo. As another poster referenced, the Starbucks is right across the street from the hotel - very convenient for those who need their regular caffeine hits. The mall is also convenient to the hotel (for those who need regular retail hits).

The first morning during my stay I had breakfast in the hotel (located just off the lobby not far from where you check in). The service was very good - as was my breakfast of eggs, hash browns and coffee. Later, after a long day at my conference, I ordered room service for dinner and it was prompt and decent/good. Check-out was easy and there were taxis lined up across the street, so I had an easy return to the airport.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 7th floor near the vending machine and elevator (you could see my room as soon as you get off the elevator). It was very quiet and the room was big. I would stay in this room again.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
indyilinds, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Thanks so much for your review! It looks like everything you noted about us was positive and we are happy to have provided you a hotel and service better than expected! I'm a huge fan of Adobo Grill; it was my first taste of fresh guacamole and it's only a block from the hotel. Come back soon!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

This appears to be an older building, which has some nice charm to it. Overall cleanliness was good, I had no issue with my room or bath area. Lobby, rest & bar seemed decent as well. I would stay again if in the area.....I really liked that the Starbucks off monument-circle was literally across the street (walked across each day before my event). All-around EXC. location, walk to a lot in the downtown area (RIGHT on the circle!).

Valet is available, but awkward as there is no 'valet area' in front of the hotel, so they have to stay on top of the cars (or you will have nowhere to pull up in front) and a couple of days (during a huge cenvention) I had to call down almost 30-min prior to insure my car was ready when we came downstairs (or ask for the car & go get coffee while waiting!).

I did drive to the Convention center, which I prefer over taking a taxi or walking as it is just over .6 mi walk (hell if you get rained on or if it's hot). We parked in public parking across from the Hyatt in the "Circle Center Mall" parking off Capitol & Maryland St. All day was $15 and the walk to the Conv. center is entirely covered & air conditioned - perfect!

Convention tip for Starbucks lovers & also alternate food: (depending on where you are in the Conv. Center) I was able to find a VERY close Starbucks in the lowest level of the Westin, right across the street from all of the crappy food in the food court area - a quick walk! Also, the Hyatt has a full Starbucks inside if you are close to that end of the Conv.Ctr. - it closes early though (5-ish).....the Hyatt lobby also has a pizza place and a Subway inside. The pasta-bar in the Hyatt is AH-mazing, but about $20 for a total-tab with a soda.

Taxi's in downtown Indy become VERY scarce if it suddenly rains, so be prepared to walk if you don't have a rental and it starts to downpour......we waited almost 30 min and then just decided to get soaked (totally) the half-mile back from dinner one night.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
indyilinds, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to tell the world about your experience at our hotel! As we are located just off Monument Circle, we don't have a drive dedicated to valet. Our valet zone is the curb on East Market Street just in front of the hotel. We recommend our guests call for their car about 15 minutes before they need it. During a large event or convention downtown, the valet may need a little extra time as the garage is a block away and traffic can delay the time it takes to get back to the hotel. So we appreciate your tip to future guests! Thanks again; we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn is located just off the monument circle. Its a perfect location for walking to businesses, shopping and restaurants. I think it might be one of the best locations in the city. My room was large and had a refrigerator and microwave. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean and well maintained. It was nice and quiet for sleeping! Although I didn't actually use the restaurant, there is a full service restaurant serving all meals and a small bar in the lobby. There is free coffee and tea in the main lobby that I enjoyed each morning before my workout. The workout facility was clean and included updated machines - although there was only one elliptical machine, which seems to be the most popular piece of equipment, there were two treadmills, a cycle and free weights. There is also a small pool and hot tub, which appeared clean and well-maintained. The staff at this hotel were very friendly and helpful. I always felt welcomed when I came back from work each evening. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and will stay here again when working in Indianapolis. The only minor nitpick would be that the elevators seemed to be a bit slow in the mornings - only in the mornings - which I guess is due to the popularity of the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
indyilinds, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thank you for writing. I am glad you had a great stay at our great location! The elevators can be a little slow at a certain time during the morning and in the afternoon when our amazing housekeeping staff is going up and down to clean the rooms. The architects didn't put in a service elevator when the building was constructed nearly 100 years ago. We hope you will come back to see us soon!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I had a good experience at the HGI. I had business at the Chase Tower and the HGI was right there, and a block from Monument Circle. There are a number of good restaurants nearby. The building itself is an old converted bank, and the architectural details are interesting.

The staff was great. There was always someone at the front door to let me in and say hello. The front desk staff always had a smile for me. When I checked in, they noted that I had requested a quiet room and changed my room to one away from the elevator, without asking. the double room I was given had a nice view of the monument in Monument Circle. The breakfast buffet was pretty good and included sausage gravy and biscuits along with eggs and bacon. When I went to the bar one evening, the bartender didn't skimp on the drinks she poured.

The fitness center is a bit lacking and cramped, tucked away in the basement. That may not matter to many people, but I prefer a large fitness room with lots of room to spread out, with good AV equipment to entertain while I'm on the stationary bike

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jerrylcanterbury
indyilinds, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We are happy you had a pleasant experience with our hotel and staff! Our fitness center is on the lower level, next to the indoor pool and hot tub. Although a little smaller than ideal, it has been completely renovated to include Precor fitness equipment with TVs and there is also a TV in the room for those not using the equipment with screens. I hope you come back to visit us soon!