“2nd times a charm”

Ranked #69 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Last time it was '3rd times a charm. This time only the 1st room was bad (see June 9, 2011 review)

The person I was going to share a room with tonight had stayed here recently and suggested it. As soon as I got in to the area, I remembered I have stayed here before but don’t remember when at the time .(I remember walking a few blocks to the Bob Evans that time).

Big rig parking is where you find it. Tonight it was just the person I was traveling with and I so there was room to park the rigs.

Check in was pleasant … then as soon as I got to the room, I check it out as I ALWAYS do (doesn’t make a difference it is a $20 room or a $200 room). I found right away that the light over the sink didn’t work. At that point all I had touched was the light switches so I dialed ‘0’ and they offered right away to give me a different room.

Nothing special about the rooms, just clean, as it should be.

Only ‘down side,’ was in the AM. Breakfast. No one around to complain to (They have us our receipts when we checked in). Toaster, but no break. Cereal, but no milk. Very little of anything else. Three tables, 2 ? chairs at each so not expecting a crowd.

The Waffle House is right next door (I think you can touch both buildings at the same time). Bob Evans, Stake N Shake, Wendy’s and a Roadhouse are all about two blocks away.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Ron G, Manager at Super 8 Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Reviewed September 24, 2013

The hotel looks to be partially remodeled in areas but somethings are left shabby. Our door had a gap in it so we heard a lot outside. Since we were on the bottom floor we heard the people upstairs too. We just needed a place to sleep so it was ok for that, but I wouldn't stay more than one night there at a time. The front desk people were nice.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 23, 2013

The motel seems a little tired. The tub is pulling away from the wall. The shower water pressure is weak. The lobby is bare, but the staff tries hard. It's soft water and I don't like that. The room is clean but small. It's hard to negotiate.
This place just needs to be spruced up and the staff needs to be more professional.
The sign on the pole is hard to see from the road, The building in front of the motel hides the sign and the motel.

Room Tip: I think the place is under new management. Give it a couple of months to get everything under contro...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 21, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

The service here is always excellent. Okay the rooms are not the Ritz, but if are looking for clean room at great price for the area look no more. #1 test if I can get to sleep and sleep good and there are no extra unwanted guest like bugs of any kind then I will stay and keep coming back. My room was clean and did not smell. Some rooms have been converted from smoking to nonsmoking new law in IN. I am sure if talk with someone they would let you change rooms. Remember you pay for what you get. I slept like log and there were no bugs. I would recommend to family and friends and I do plan on coming back. Do not forget Waffle House is right next door for 24the hour food. Hard to find in a truckers world. They do have truck parking. Hope this help you get past the bad reviews.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Tulmyster
Ron G, Manager at Super 8 Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

We are very pleased to hear about your stay at our hotel. We hope we can provide the same qualities for you in the future.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Ron G, Manager at Super 8 Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Reviewed September 4, 2013

shower did not drain, hot/cold mixed up, no plug for alarm, toilet did not flush
light bulbs had to be replaced, refrigerator dirty, tv did not work, had to change rooms

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

We are very sorry for the inconvenience. We hope next time your experience is a better one. If there is any other problem in the future-I will personally handle it. Ron