“Safe, friendly environment”

Ranked #32 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Des Plaines, Illinois
“Safe, friendly environment”
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

The staff at this hotel were extremely friendly and wonderfully hospitable. My friend and I were traveling up from Nashville, TN to Chicago, IL when we got stuck in a snow storm and had to seek shelter. I found this hotel on trip-advisor with great ratings. As soon as we called to book a room, they gave all effort to accommodate us for a comfortable stay. It was a very warm and friendly environment and definitely made two young girls feel safe and right at home in an unfamiliar area. It was evident that they genuinely cared about our stay as well as our safety. We recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a safe and comfortable place to stay. The rooms were wonderfully decorated, sleeping arrangements were very comfortable, and it was all at a very affordable price. We were also able to enjoy the spa and pool area to help relax from a long day. If we ever come back to Indianapolis for leisure we would definitely choose stay here. Thank you so much ladies, from the girls of 319.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Bmariecan13
BSobek, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Bmariecan13,

Your kind comments about our staff and services here at our Residence Inn by Marriott are wonderful to hear. The weather that you faced was like nothing we’ve seen in years here in Indiana. I’m grateful that you were able to make it to our property safely, and that our staff, as well as the property lived up to ratings you viewed here on TripAdvisor. I am also glad that you made it to Chicago safely after departing our hotel.

Thank you for staying with us Bmariecan13. We hope that you do have the opportunity to stop back by our state and visit us again in the future. I will be sure to share your kind comments with our staff. I have no doubt that they will remember the girls of 319, and will also be very happy to hear you made it to Chicago safe and sound.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Indonesian first
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I made three trips to Indianapolis during the past four months and stayed at the Residence Inn Northwest for six weeks during that time. It's located in an office park in a nice part of town, with good places to walk or bicycle right ouside the door, and within walking distance through a residential neighborhood to Eagle Creek Park's hiking and biking trails. The staff is friendly and efficient, and several already know me by name (without having to look at the guest register). Shelly and Kathy who work afternoons are especially helpful, telling me the best places to visit and shop while in town, hosting the evening "socials" in the lobby, and simply making me feel welcome whenever I see them. It really feels like a "home away from home, as the company;'s marketing claims. I recommend this Inn to any individuals or families who are staying in Indianapolis.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
BSobek, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Hello Bob L,
I’m so glad to hear that your stays at our property have been experiences that you enjoyed enough to share! You’ve mentioned some wonderful amenities that we offer as well as some perks about our location that I truly agree are noteworthy. The local paths in Intech park are wonderful options for many of our guests that like to be active and stay close to the hotel—but even as you said, Eagle Creek Park is also very close and offers a wide variety of things to do.

I really appreciate the kind comments on our service and efficiency. We make a point of sharing all of our comments on TripAdvisor with our staff, and I’ll be sure that Kathy and Shelly hear about this one! I’m truly thankful that we have a team here at the property that has impressed you and made you want to come back time after time.

Thank you for your review of our property Bob, and we look forward to serving you in the future!
Metro Detroit
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I'm glad I didn't pass this Residence Inn up on my 2 week travel trip. I'd staying in 7 hotels, and this one was a welcomed relief. The staff showed how they could be business friendly beyond my expectations. I needed quiet. I needed clean. I needed safe. I needed friendly and accommodating. Yes, It was all about me, and they delivered. I'll be back! You just might want to try this one too!!

Room Tip: It's the little things....hall coat closet....lounge L-shaped couch..great room decor...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BusinessTraveler248
BSobek, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear BusinessTraveler248,

We too, are very happy that you didn't miss our property during your two weeks on the road! Thank you so much for staying with our Residence Inn. We strive to make the stay for every guest so memorable that they tell stories about it. I see that we have succeeded with you during your stay.

I'm happy that you enjoyed our location as well as the newly renovated rooms. Thank you again for staying, and we look forward to accommodating you again in the future. I appreciate the time you've spent sharing your experience!
Dunn, North Carolina
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My period of "Residence" at the Inn was from July 22 to Aug 30, 2013. From the moment I arrived I was treated as though I was part of the Residence Inn family. Everyone I came in contact with was very professional and courteous. The entire staff's positive attitude was contagious! Both the Morning and Evening Socials were so much fun. From the GM, Brian and Jenniifer (Sales), Kathy (Front Ops), as well as Shelly, Colita, Mike, and all the others made my trip like being at home. And I know any others who stay at the Residence Inn Northwest will feel the same. I will miss the cookouts, pizza, and time spent in the dining area. This is a hotel Marriott and the owners can be VERY proud of!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Gary J
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had a wonderful stay. I, my wife and 2 kids and her parents stayed in a 2 bedroom/2 bath suite. We really enjoyed the stay. The staff was friendly and attentive. We were in town for the Indy Racing Experience. The location was good. My son like the basketball/tennis court out front. Both kids enjoyed the pool. The rooms were adequate size, clean and well appointed. Only one negative which became a positive. One of the shower/tubs was very slow to drain. A call was made to the front desk and soon after, housekeeping arrived to attend to the problem. A plunger was used and seemed to make the tub drain quicker. The quickness was very much appreciated. My whole family would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank OSU_Alan
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is my second review on this hotel in less than two years and I must say that Shelly makes the difference. First Class Service and she makes sure that a person feel welcome and that your are feeling good about being a Marriott rewards members. Style and Class is the best way to describe Shelly and the way she greets and deal with customers. ;

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Elkhart, Indiana
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I hope this review takes this is my 3rd one I have written. This hotel I can not complain about it at all it clean you get a lot of space for the money that you pay for the room. Its beautiful and to be able to get food from Monday thru Thursday with no charge to the people that stays here. Not to many hotels offer that to their peoples. That is one of the reason why I keep coming back. The other reason is the staff. Shelly she is so sweet and she will go way beyond to make sure your stay is comfortable. Kathy she is the cook she does her job well also. I just love coming down just to chat ith the ladies to make my day go better for me. Brian is the manager he is great himself he goes beyond his way to make sure he has done more and find more that he can do for a customer to help them. Overall Ilove this hotel a staff and would drive here to stay if I had to go across town to a function.

Room Tip: All of them are good.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business