“Great place for extended stays”

Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest
Ranked #27 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel for almost seven weeks off and on. Rooms are large and comfortable.

Staying for so many times I have had occasionally room issues which is normal for the amount of time I have spent there but for the most part they were taken care of when I said something at the front desk.

First couple of weeks I had a more up to date room with a gas fire place. After that I had rooms with out the fire place and maybe not as updated but I really don't need a fireplace in July or August.

Every night the hotel has an “Happy Hour” with a light dinner. They try and serve something new every night so you may stay there for about 2 weeks with out eating the same type of meal.
Another dining option is to use the terrific grill outside in a sitting area off the main lobby. It's a great place to cook out and relax with friends.

I have also many a night walked over to Gatsby's Pub. The place always has a good crowd and an extensive menu. Food is decent and Mondays they have a trivia night. There is also a Quizno Sub shop next to Gatsby's. I've had a few subs there but now would rather do take out sandwiches from Gatsby's.

The hotel also serves a light breakfast there free of charge which I haven’t been able to take advantage of because I leave for work so early.
The hotel does have a indoor pool and hot tub. The hot tub is an older one with little pressure. Most of the time no one is using the hot tub or the pool.

A bright spot are the two women at the front desk, Kathy and Shelly. They both greet you by name each day and treat you like family. Kathy even makes sure I don't drink too much during happy hour.
I would highly recommend this place for extended business stays.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
BSobek, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Hello redwhiskeypete,

It truly sounds like you’ve enjoyed your stays at our property! Thank you so much for the kind words about our hotel and staff. I will share with Kathy and Shelly your wonderful comments. I also want to thank you for the information you’ve provided about our hot tub. To be consistent in our efforts to improve our property and the quality of the stay for our guests, this information is very important. I will have our maintenance staff look into our hot tub system and see what options we have to help increase our pressure. Thank you again redwhiskeypete, we appreciate the business you’ve brought to our hotel!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Socials 4 nights a week.
Breakfast everyday
A staff that takes you in as their own.
What more could you ask for on a business trip.
We had about 10-12 people staying for training in our new building.
Amazon approved

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Amznedge
BSobek, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Amznedge,

Thank you for your review! I am very happy to hear that your stay with our hotel was a great experience. I know our staff truly enjoyed speaking and seeing each of you every day. While we were sad to see you leave, we are happy that your training is done and you will be moving on to bigger and better things!

We appreciate your kind words, and we hope that if you ever find yourself in Indianapolis again, that you will come back and see us at our Residence Inn by Marriott.

Thank you Amznedge!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I have stayed at 10 or 12 different Residence Inn locations and this is by far the worst. Where do I start? Fold-away beds without sheets. A portable crib that didn't stay standing. Bathroom exhaust fan that didn't run. Requested foam pillows - didn't get them. Run-down exercise equipment (what little there was) - no pun intended. A faux shelf hanging at a 45 degree angle over the couch just ready to fall off the wall. Rust spots on the tub.
This location is significantly below the Residence Inn standard.

Room Tip: To get a good room, stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
BSobek, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear DaBearsWISC,

I am truly sorry to hear your stay at our property did not meet your needs. We try to make sure our staff is trained to the best of their ability to help handle any and all issues that may arise during a guests stay. It seems that the issues you experienced could have easily been taken care of by our staff prior to your arrival. We do strive to make every guest as comfortable as possible, and I apologize that this was not the case for your stay.

I will be working with both our housekeeping department as well as our maintenance department to correct these issues. I will also look into updating our current exercise equipment. We are unfortunately limited on our space for this—however—we want to provide multiple options to our guests. If you could kindly contact me at ri.indws.gm@marriott.com with your specific room information, that way we can get these issues corrected.

Thank you for your comments and I hope we can accommodate you in the future!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We don't usually stay for 'Social Hour', but this was enough food for a light meal! Monday thru Thursday. We didn't have to search out a dinner location! Friendly staff. If we're ever back - we'll stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear brmidd,

I’m so glad to hear you were able to make use of our Evening Social! As you mentioned, we run this from Monday to Thursday from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM for all of our guests. Not every guest gets to make use of this wonderful amenity, and I’m glad to hear that you’ve had this experience!

I appreciate your comments on our friendly staff as well. I am proud of our staff and their ability to help our guests out and form great relationships. I truly hope to see you at our property again in the future! Thank you very much, we appreciate you staying with us in Indianapolis.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife and I arrived with two pre-teenage young ladies. We had booked a 1 bedroom suite using our Marriott points. Needless to say, the girls weren't especially excited about sharing a pull out sofa bed as well as 1 bathroom/shower with my wife and I. We felt up to the challenge, however, still decided to inquire about a possible upgrade to a two bedroom, two full bath suite (I'm a platinum rewards member). The hotel was able to accomodate our request at no extra charge. The girls were elated to share a room and full bath between the two of them. My wife and I also appreciated the convenience and extra privacy. The entire staff couldn't have been nicer. We'd definitely come back. We also appreciate how Marriott treats their customers. It's great being platinum!!!!

2  Thank stephen l
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I was on a road trip from NE to Branson, MO. This was our scheduled a stop after driving all night. I chose this hotel because lodging for a family of six, in a single room, can be difficult. I love the two bedroom hotel rooms. I had a reservation for the Saturday after July 4. I called them from OH early on Saturday morning and asked if I could check in around 2 p.m. The response was yes and if I arrived earlier, it wouldn't be a problem. I believe regular check in is 3 or 4 p.m. As luck would have it, our trip went well and we arrived shortly after 12:30. I walked in and told them I had a reservation, they were very happy to help. By 1:30 my family was taking a nap in the room.

The rooms were nice, clean and comfortable. The next morning, we were waiting for breakfast to open at 7. The food was good, my only complaint about the hotel was the single waffle iron. That said, the wait wasn't too bad, but this was my first hotel in quite some time that didn't have two waffle irons for their breakfast area.

Overall, this was a great place and if I'm in the area again, I'll be sure to stop in.

1  Thank simba327
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This was a great hotel. We had a two bedroom suite and it was incredibly spacious. The staff was incredibly hospitable. Easy access off the highway. The sports court has a basketball hoop and a tennis court. I'd definitely come back.