“Clean, friendly, big rooms, what a great hotel!”

Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest
Ranked #36 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
“Clean, friendly, big rooms, what a great hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

I cannot say enough nice things about this hotel. The rooms are large and well-equipped. The buffet, even in the last hour of service was full of good, fresh, hot, food as well as a large selection of fresh fruit. It's location is very, very safe (I traveled with two young children and was alone most of the time with them.) The bed was comfortable and had good pillows. The sofa bed didn't look super comfortable, but my kids had no complaints! I will absolutely stay here again!!

• Stayed September 2011
Adraab10, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Hello thriftynp78,

The staff here at the Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest would like to thank you for your recent stay and review of our hotel! Guest feedback is so important and we value every review so we can continue to provide the best customer service and hotel accommodations as possible.

I love that you mentioned the rooms to be spacious and comfortable. They are well-equipped for one or many and provide most the modern conveniences of home. Thanks for also mentioning the breakfast buffet. It is a great way to start the day and our staff works diligently to maintain enough, hot food for everyone.

Once again, thanks for choosing the Residence Inn and the kind words in your review. We love satisfied guests and hope to see you again soon!

Take Care,
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Indonesian first
Charlotte, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

I wouldn't be terrifically interested in spending a week here but I just spent 2 nights on business and the place was fine. Room was clean and it was quiet. My only complaint was that I was on a bottom floor (by request) and it was cool at night and I wanted to open the windows but there was no screen and instead of opening only 6 inches or so for safety they opened all the way.. The area appears to be a little on the downswing with a couple closed down restaurants and if you want to go downtown, it's a 20 minute drive but it was close to where I needed to be. I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank 2BEis2SKI
Edgerton, OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2011

Every year we stay here for the US Nationals in September - the past years have been great and that's why we come back. Well I must say - I was dissappointed this time around. First thing when we opened our room it smelled of smoke (I thought this was a non-smoking hotel???) Being a Non-smoker you can smell this a mile away. The first morning (we stayed 2 nights) the breakfast was good and plentiful. The 2nd morning everything ran out and the girl that was "suppose" to be replenishing was still cooking stuff in the back and she looked like she just crawled out of bed too. We decided to go to Bob Evans across the street that morning. Because of these 2 instances, we will not return here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank indygirl6666
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

We stayed here on two different occasions about a week apart. Each room was slightly different, but had all of the amenities we expect at a Residence Inn. Kitchen had all of the necessary equipment, internet worked, layout gave each of us a little space. The pool was lovely and there is a nice walking trail nearby (bring bug spray!) The location just off 465 made travel easy for a few business appointments and to visit friends. Definitely recommend this place for a trip to Indy.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OutWanderin
COLUMBUS OHIO
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

Generally i like Residence Inns.....whether business or leisure travel.
BUT they have to be managed and staffed adequately - like any hotel.
THIS one needed help.
No one at front desk to check me in.....they poor soul flying solo that nite was too busy prepping breakfast things - i had to find her! (before 10pm? Aw c;mon!)
They stuck me in a "handicapped access" room with a door that even the incredible Hulk would have had to strain to open on his own.....and the whole wing STANK of vomit.
(Hint - a few puffs of a room smoke-deodorizer might have worked well)
Breakfast at 8am was a case of 'where did everything go?' - obviously there had been a passable selection but all snapped up and no replenishment.
Checkout was fast, efficient. Internet was ok, Room (aside from stuck door) - was ok....clean at least. Bed comfy. AC ok.
Your experience may be better - i hope so, - i called AND wrote Marriott on my unhappy stay here.....having said that, one of my colleagues was equally dischuffed in their overniter last week and moved to the Hilton property nearby. That's where i'll go next time.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank butlinz
Adraab10, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Dear butlinz,
First I would like to thank you for your recent stay and review of the Residence Inn Northwest Indianapolis. I apologize that your stay at our property did not meet your expectations. We strive to have every guest leave 100% satisfied.

We are taking immediate steps to address your concerns. Regarding the service you experienced and breakfast, we have recently hired additional staff to assure that food levels on our buffet are not being depleted and service levels are increased. This will allow our front desk staff to better attend to the needs of our guests. Also, I apologize that you found an odor in your room. I have also instructed our maintenance staff to inspect all guest room deodorizers and doors to make sure there are not any further issues with them sticking or being difficult to open.

We hold ourselves to high standards as a Marriott Residence Inn brand and regret that we disappointed you on this stay. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope that you and your colleague would consider giving us another opportunity to provide you with a problem-free stay during your next visit to Indianapolis.

Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2011

Staff was awesome. Great hot breakfast and social hrs Monday-Thursday. Includes free beer and wine. Rooms are clean and really feel like you are at home. Staff goes above and beyond to accomodate your every need. Can't say enough good things!!! We will definately stay here again when in Indy.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank olliel02
Hello olliel02,

Thank you so much for your stay and kind words of our hotel. We love having satisfied guests at the Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest and strive for everyone to leave as happy with their stay as you did.

I really appreciate you mentioning our great staff. If it wasn't for them, we wouldn't be near as successful. Also, thanks for mentioning so many of our guest amenities. We love being able to offer free Internet, hot breakfast and evening receptions to show our guests how much we value them.

Once again, thank you so much for providing us (and other viewers) with feedback. It's reviews like yours that are so much fun to share with our whole team. We hope you come back for a visit again soon!

Take Care,
São Paulo/Brazil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2010

As a Race Fan, I've been on another gr8 Residence Inn in Indy Area (Carmel). I Pick this one cause it's closest to Speedway than the Carmel one. The Staff is simply fantastic, I love the way they treat you like a family member, not a guest. The room is big, very clean. The Mattress is confortable, good kitchen, decent bathroom. We have free hi speed internet access, LCD TV. The breakfast is wonderful. If you're coming to Indianapolis, this is your place....a place to call home!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Adraab10, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, January 19, 2011
Dear Camabap,

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you on the behalf of myself and our entire staff for your stay and review of the Residence Inn Northwest Indianapolis. Feedback always provides us with insight into how our guests feel about our hotel and we always appreciate kind words.

I really love to hear about how well our staff treats all of our guests. Customer service is key at our property and your review just reaffirmed that we are taking great steps in the right direction.

Once again, thanks for your stay and review. We hope that ever guest leaves as satisfied as you did. Hope to see you again your next time through Indianapolis!

Take Care