Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre
Ranked #45 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stayed at Holiday Inn because I had to attend a professional conference. The hotel was litteraly across the street from the convention center. I did not even use the car during my whole stay. The room was big, clean and quiet. I came the day of a Colts game and we couldn't tell because the windows were sound proof. The breakfast was ok, and the internet was fast.
I will definitely stayed in that hotel if going back to Indianapolis.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Linda P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Hi! Glad you found our location so convenient! And thank you for pointing out our large guestrooms as well. They are spacious. We appreciate your recommendation! We hope you will stay with us again!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre

Reviewed November 21, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here during the Bands of America Grand Nationals. My room was very spacious with a great view of Lucas Oil Stadium. I was on the third floor and didn't notice any road noise, just the Lucas Oil announcements but they eventually turn those off for the night.
The staff were all very pleasant and greeted me each time I came in and asked about my day. I told one of the ladies at the desk that I had been lost and stopped in at the JW Marriott for directions and was given very poor directions and a suggestion to just take a cab. The staff member immediately pulled out a map and pointed out where I had been and marked off the skywalks for me.
Would stay here again on a return visit to Indianapolis.

Stayed: November 2013
Linda P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Thank you for the 4 star rating! We love when our guests use the adjectives, spacious and pleasant, when writing about our property. Our rooms are larger than most standard hotel rooms. And the east side of the hotel does have a lovely view of the Colts stadium.

Equally, if not more important, is your wonderful comment about our staff! We want to acknowledge all of our guests and provide them with personal, helpful service. I will make sure to share your feedback with them!

We know you were here for the Bands of America event, but we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

My room was clean but my daughter, who had a room next to mine, had to be moved because there were ants on her floor. She was standing at the foot of the bed and they started crawling on her feet. Eww! Our room was right next to the stairs and the door slammed shut ALL NIGHT LONG. Between that and the road noise, didn't sleep much. Finally, we were visiting with family in the lobby area (that was the only area available) and we were told we had to be quiet. Not a great experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

I sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your stay here. Please be assured that your experience is not typical of our hotel.

I do thank you for bringing these issues to my attention and I promise you that I will follow up on them.

I hope that you will consider giving us a second chance the next time that you travel to Indianapolis. That will allow us to demonstrate our commitment to provide qualilty service and accommodations.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

About 5-8 min walk to the convention center, a little bit further than other hotels. However, it's right next to the Locus Oil Stadium. Location is not bad. Clean, good service, and very great breakfast!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Linda P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you for your review! "Clean, good service, and very good breakfast" are positive comments we always enjoy hearing! We want each and every guest to feel this way!

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express and Suites. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. And we hope that you will stay with us again!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

The hotel looks quite new, which makes the absence of decent noise insulation even more baffling. My room was facing Missouri street, and despite being on the 6th floor it felt like every truck and van was driving straight through my room. The fact that there is a traffic light just outside makes things worse as trucks rumble to a stop and then gather speed again. The next morning I asked for a room on the back, which was marginally less noisy. Bring your ear-plugs.
Breakfast is your typical HI Express fare, except that my bread was literally green with mold. Stick with the pancakes...
The hotel is on the back of the Convention Center. It looks very close on a map, but since the entrance of the CC is on the north side of the building it's a 10-minute walk.

Room Tip: Avoid the Missouri St. side at all cost. Best rooms are on the south-west corner of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Linda P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

I am sorry that you did not have a better experience here at the Holiday Inn Express. I regret that the traffic bothered you, but I am pleased that our staff was able to move you to a somewhat quieter location. We typically do not get a lot of noise complaints from our guests. I will have housekeeping check to make sure that all windows are closed COMPLETELY. I am concerned that it may not have been closed ALL the way. I will work to find the cause of the problem.

I have shared your breakfast experience with our staff so that they are diligent about serving our guests fresh, quality breakfast items. Please accept my sincere apology for serving you anything less.

You are accurate in your estimate of 10 minutes to walk to the Convention Center.

We appreciate your feedback. Listening to our guests is critical to our success. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I stayed at this location for one night on business. The king bed suite was very spacious and clean. Would return.

Parking availability is limited - but I don't blame this on the hotel. What I would expect for being in a downtown area - across from the stadium.

They do have a hotel shuttle that will drop you off/pick you up at downtown locales, but I do think that they charge for it - not sure though.

Stayed: November 2013
Linda P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are your "typical" Holiday Inn meaning that we have a reputation for providing clean accommodations and a good value to our guests. We are glad you would return and stay with us again!

Our guests are very important to us and we want everyone to have a great experience here.

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express & Suites City Centre!