Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre
Ranked #46 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“New and noisy”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

The hotel looks quite new, which makes the absence of decent noise insulation even more baffling. My room was facing Missouri street, and despite being on the 6th floor it felt like every truck and van was driving straight through my room. The fact that there is a traffic light just outside makes things worse as trucks rumble to a stop and then gather speed again. The next morning I asked for a room on the back, which was marginally less noisy. Bring your ear-plugs.
Breakfast is your typical HI Express fare, except that my bread was literally green with mold. Stick with the pancakes...
The hotel is on the back of the Convention Center. It looks very close on a map, but since the entrance of the CC is on the north side of the building it's a 10-minute walk.

Room Tip: Avoid the Missouri St. side at all cost. Best rooms are on the south-west corner of the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Linda P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
I am sorry that you did not have a better experience here at the Holiday Inn Express. I regret that the traffic bothered you, but I am pleased that our staff was able to move you to a somewhat quieter location. We typically do not get a lot of noise complaints from our guests. I will have housekeeping check to make sure that all windows are closed COMPLETELY. I am concerned that it may not have been closed ALL the way. I will work to find the cause of the problem.

I have shared your breakfast experience with our staff so that they are diligent about serving our guests fresh, quality breakfast items. Please accept my sincere apology for serving you anything less.

You are accurate in your estimate of 10 minutes to walk to the Convention Center.

We appreciate your feedback. Listening to our guests is critical to our success. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this location for one night on business. The king bed suite was very spacious and clean. Would return.

Parking availability is limited - but I don't blame this on the hotel. What I would expect for being in a downtown area - across from the stadium.

They do have a hotel shuttle that will drop you off/pick you up at downtown locales, but I do think that they charge for it - not sure though.

Stayed November 2013
Linda P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are your "typical" Holiday Inn meaning that we have a reputation for providing clean accommodations and a good value to our guests. We are glad you would return and stay with us again!

Our guests are very important to us and we want everyone to have a great experience here.

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express & Suites City Centre!
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Three night stay on business. Windows are paper thin, allowing outside noise to disrupt my sleep. I am NOT a lite sleeper. Beds were not comfortable. Pool was in need of refurbishing. Hot tub was DISGUSTING, dirty and lukewarm. Only put my toe in. Will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Deborah C
I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I wish that you had let me know prior to your checkout and we would have worked to resolve these issues for you. Due to our downtown location, traffic can be loud at times. If you let us know that you are a light sleeper, we would try to assign a room in the quietest location possible. We do want our guests to get a restful night's sleep.

Most guests find our beds comfortable, but I realize that individual preference varies. This is one of the biggest challenges to the hotel business. If we could find a bed that everyone finds comfortable, we would have a gold mine!

Our pool area does need refurbishment and we are actually completely renovating this area soon. The entire area including the pool liner, flooring, walls, tile, light fixtures, and furniture will be new.

I have followed up with our maintenance staff about the hot tub. I apologize that it was not crystal clear and the right temperature. Please be assured that this is not typical of our hotel.

We appreciate and value your business. I hope that you will give us a second chance and stay with us again the next time you are in the Indy area.
Jeffersonville, Indiana
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed here overnight after one of the Colts games. Even though it was very convenient, this is one of the less pricier hotels as well. The parking is also a good value at $14 a day. Overall the hotel was clean and modern. They offer hot breakfast in the morning, but it is free, so don't expect a lot of quality. The beds were ok, but too stiff for me to rest well on.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Linda P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Our location directly across the street from Lucas Oil Stadium is perfect for the NFL fan! We are happy that you found us to be a good value--reasonable charge for parking and complimentary continental breakfast and great location all add up for a perfect combination.

Thank you for your review. We appreciate and value your business. And we hope to see you here again!
Xenia, Ohio
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This hotel is directly across from Lucas Oil! If going to a game this is the place! Just a short walk to downtowna area. They were very busy the weekend we stayed for our girls weekend trip! The rooms are nice & clean. Good size bathroom. Beds were comfortable! Breakfast was really good and fresh! - One of the young girls (do not remember her name) at the desk was very much lacking in information about anything around town! The shuttle was very nice but it's like on their terms, we played golf and had to cut it short because they did not have an evening driver and they had to come back and get us before 1st shift was done! Alittle disappointing. Also it is $5.00 each way for all in your room, not a big deal but also not posted anywhere! Other than these two items it is a nice place and I would stay again if in the area!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Linda P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for your review and recommendation. Our location is perfect for football fans! Glad you enjoyed our clean rooms and tasty breakfast!

Our shuttle does charge $5.00 per person. I double checked out website and verified that it does not say anything about providing free shuttle service. Hours are imited but we try to accommodate our guests as much as possible. I am sorry if you had to cut your golf game short due to this.

I will follow up with your comment about the lack of knowledge at the front desk. Please know that this is not typical of our hotel.

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express! We appreciate your business! And look forward to seeing you again!
Fort Wayne, IN
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I booked 2 rooms (through Holiday Inn Website) for August 2013 in June & called the hotel to confirm 2 days prior to arriving. When we arrived, they said at 1st they did not have our rooms. Then they said they had 1 room & we go upstairs & there are 2 double beds (was supposed to be a King whirlpool). So, we go back down & back up to try another room....this time people in the room. Finally they put us up at Staybridge Suites & say no charge. OK, this seems fair. Now, I get my hotel bill & have been charged THREE TIMES for the rooms that were supposed to be free. I call the hotel & no one can help me because the Manager is not in. Call the Corporate office & voice mail there too. Wow, what horrible customer service & FRAUDULENT charging of my credit card.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kris34Sch
Linda P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Please contact me directly at the hotel, phone 317-822-6400, ext 106 or by email lpoore@dorahotelco.com. We, the hotel, paid for you to have two rooms at the Staybridge Suites due to the mix-up with your reservation. You had a confirmed reservation with us and therefore, we consider it our responsibility to pay for your stay elsewhere. I will certainly try to assist you with any billing questions that you may have. Please know that if you had left me a voice mail with your name and number, I would gladly have called you back.

I am genuinely sorry for any hassle or inconvenience to you. We always want our guest to have a positive experience here. We are committed to guest satisfaction. Our staff is human and mistakes can happen no matter how hard we work to prevent them. If a mistake has been made, we will work to make things right with you.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here, the staff was super friendly and the rooms were nice, i wish my room wasnt so far from the elevator but other than that everything was good. Breakfast was really good as well, and the wifi was strong, i will def be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Linda P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for your review. You mentioned the amenities that are most important to our guests--a friendly staff, a tasty complimentary breakfast, and reliable, good wi-fi service. I am glad you enjoyed your stay here and we look forward to seeing you again! Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express and Suite, located adjacent to Lucas Oil Stadium and the NFL Colts!