“Good Location-Very Clean”

Ranked #48 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
Xenia, Ohio
“Good Location-Very Clean”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This hotel is directly across from Lucas Oil! If going to a game this is the place! Just a short walk to downtowna area. They were very busy the weekend we stayed for our girls weekend trip! The rooms are nice & clean. Good size bathroom. Beds were comfortable! Breakfast was really good and fresh! - One of the young girls (do not remember her name) at the desk was very much lacking in information about anything around town! The shuttle was very nice but it's like on their terms, we played golf and had to cut it short because they did not have an evening driver and they had to come back and get us before 1st shift was done! Alittle disappointing. Also it is $5.00 each way for all in your room, not a big deal but also not posted anywhere! Other than these two items it is a nice place and I would stay again if in the area!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Linda P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for your review and recommendation. Our location is perfect for football fans! Glad you enjoyed our clean rooms and tasty breakfast!

Our shuttle does charge $5.00 per person. I double checked out website and verified that it does not say anything about providing free shuttle service. Hours are imited but we try to accommodate our guests as much as possible. I am sorry if you had to cut your golf game short due to this.

I will follow up with your comment about the lack of knowledge at the front desk. Please know that this is not typical of our hotel.

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express! We appreciate your business! And look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Fort Wayne, IN
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I booked 2 rooms (through Holiday Inn Website) for August 2013 in June & called the hotel to confirm 2 days prior to arriving. When we arrived, they said at 1st they did not have our rooms. Then they said they had 1 room & we go upstairs & there are 2 double beds (was supposed to be a King whirlpool). So, we go back down & back up to try another room....this time people in the room. Finally they put us up at Staybridge Suites & say no charge. OK, this seems fair. Now, I get my hotel bill & have been charged THREE TIMES for the rooms that were supposed to be free. I call the hotel & no one can help me because the Manager is not in. Call the Corporate office & voice mail there too. Wow, what horrible customer service & FRAUDULENT charging of my credit card.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kris34Sch
Linda P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Please contact me directly at the hotel, phone 317-822-6400, ext 106 or by email lpoore@dorahotelco.com. We, the hotel, paid for you to have two rooms at the Staybridge Suites due to the mix-up with your reservation. You had a confirmed reservation with us and therefore, we consider it our responsibility to pay for your stay elsewhere. I will certainly try to assist you with any billing questions that you may have. Please know that if you had left me a voice mail with your name and number, I would gladly have called you back.

I am genuinely sorry for any hassle or inconvenience to you. We always want our guest to have a positive experience here. We are committed to guest satisfaction. Our staff is human and mistakes can happen no matter how hard we work to prevent them. If a mistake has been made, we will work to make things right with you.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here, the staff was super friendly and the rooms were nice, i wish my room wasnt so far from the elevator but other than that everything was good. Breakfast was really good as well, and the wifi was strong, i will def be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Linda P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for your review. You mentioned the amenities that are most important to our guests--a friendly staff, a tasty complimentary breakfast, and reliable, good wi-fi service. I am glad you enjoyed your stay here and we look forward to seeing you again! Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express and Suite, located adjacent to Lucas Oil Stadium and the NFL Colts!
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I spent one night, having come to town on business. I had a King Suite with a view of the Lucas Oil Stadium outside my window. The room was immaculate. The bed was very comfortable with a choice of pillows. The bathroom was large with plenty of counter space to spread things out. I really appreciated the soft towels which are rare in a hotel. I also was glad that the fan wasn't as loud as a freight train which often happens - it was nice and soft. I did notice outside noises, but then how could you ignore a fire truck? The parking is rather awkward since it is limited surface parking, and the garage parking is on a street behind the hotel. You have to walk around the corner to get to and from your car. The desk people were all very welcoming and friendly. The free breakfast was good - scrambled eggs, fruit, varied breads and rolls, juice and coffee. I was surprised to see plastic silverware which I really dislike, but I assume the food is brought in since I don't think the hotel has a kitchen. The breakfast was good, the breakfast room was large enough for couples or families to find a seat, and you can have all you want. There is a small restaurant at another hotel behind this one but I heard they ran out of food and beer around 10 on a Friday night. The hotel was very busy due to an event at the stadium, but the hotel was very quiet. I would be happy to stay here again - it's in a great location right in the center of town. I'm sure it is extremely popular when the Colts are playing at home.

Room Tip: My room was on the third floor in the front of the hotel. Very quiet except for street noise and Lu...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Linda P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for your great review. Our goal is 100% guest satisfaction and it is gratifying to know that we achieved it! Glad you liked our clean rooms and fluffy towels and our tasty complimentary breeakfast.

We appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us again! Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express & Suites City Centre!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on July 28th, excellent and clean room. The wi fi wasn't working, but made up for it with very clean rooms. I had to compliment the breakfast area staff on July 29th, I left my iPad there, and when I returned it was taken in the back by the staff. Needless to say, I was pretty nervous but thanks to the excellent staff, it was returned to me. Would stay there again in a heartbeat!

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank twinsdad5454
Linda P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Caring about our guests is our business! When the breakfast staff noticed that you had left your iPad behind; they knew you would miss it so they turned it in to the front desk for safe keeping. Thus, we could reassure you when you called that it was safe and in good hands. We are happy this situation had a happy conclusion.

Really glad that you liked our hotel! We hope to see you again!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The location was convenient for the Indy Food Show however, I was surprised that there was no convenient place to eat within walking distance. The restaurant next door stopped serving dinner at 9 PM but I would stay ther again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Linda P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again. Please feel free to check with our front desk staff for restaurant recommendations. Tavern on South is the closest to us, but if you are willilng to walk a couple of blocks. We also have a list of restaurants that will deliver to the hotel.

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express! We hope you will stay with us the next time that you visit Indy!
Auckland
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed 3 times at this venue, whilst we were on the POWRi and Indiana Midget Speedway week tour.
Our rooms were lovely and the ladies, at the front desk, were so helpful. We requested a room, with a kitchenette, for our 3rd stay and all was in place when we arrived!
Chelsea, the Manager, was very kind to us, when we experienced some trouble with missing passports - thanks again, Chelsea!

Room Tip: Ask the Front desk, when you book, for a room with one larger bed plus a kitchenette, rather than a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Linda P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Downtown City Centre, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for your great review. We are truly happy that you enjoyed your stay here. I will share your comments with the front desk; they always love when guests compliment them on a job well done.

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites! We look forward to your next visit!