“DISASTER” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #137 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Trafford, Pennsylvania, United States
“DISASTER”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

By far, this was the worst experience with a hotel I've EVER had. Was greeted kindly, but was given a room in which the tv was on and the bed was not made, etc. Okay, so a miscommunication. I patiently waited behind another gentleman who was checking in. Once he was finished, I told the employee at the front what happened, and he gave me another room. I was somewhat excited because I was given a "suite" since that was all that was left. However, as I was about to leave for my new room, I noticed the gentleman that had checked in just a moment ago was also back, so I stayed to see if he had a similar problem. Turns out, when he opened his room, there was someone already inside that was "not happy to see him" (in his words) as I can quite imagine!!! Still, being the patient person I am, I drug my stuff up to the 2nd floor. I opened the door, and a smell hit my nose that was not pleasurable. I turned on the light, and there were towels on the floor of the bathroom, and a bed that had NO sheets/blankets. I turned around, closed the door, and told the employee at the front that I wanted to cancel my stay. He informed me that I could not cancel because I made the reservation through a 3rd party (which was actually choicehotels.com). Frustrated to no end, I told him I could not give this hotel my business, and that I was positive I would make a few phone calls and get my money back (which I did). Do NOT waste your time or money here. I was told that a maid must have quit on the job, but that does not explain the other customer's issue of walking in on someone. Can you imagine taking a shower, forgetting to lock the deadbolt, and having a tired family ready for some sleep walk in on you.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Brandon P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Terre Haute, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

This hotel is older and of course in some places presents an odd smell. The location is quite odd too but we managed to find it. Set aside these things and the hotel is improving little by little. The King Room we stayed in was decent and clean. It was also very quiet. The breakfast room was clean and offered a good a variety. If I had to, I would stay here again although it would not be my first pick .

Room Tip: I believe the 2nd floor is he most quiet location.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Waco, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

We had a excellent room with the bed we ordered. Good sleeping, great bed, excellent breakfast.
The hotel smelled good and had a fresh clean smell. So much better than the Econo Lodges we used the first 4 days of our 7 day trip. The laundry room was small but served the purpose. I only wish the dryer did a better job. I should not have taken me 2.5 hours to get one load washed and dryed. Washing only took 28 minutes the rest was drying time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Columbus, OH
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I was willing to overlook the old decor, even the peeling wallpaper. We were traveling with a pet and wanted a first floor room with easy access. That is the extent of what we got here. The locking mechanism is completely missing from the side entrance. So much for security. The room did have a clean bed. I always check for bed bugs. None here, but that is the best thing I can say about the room. There was no hot water for a shower. Even after reporting this to the front desk, no hot water. The shower had two partially used bars of soap in it from previous "guests". So much for housekeeping. The water just sprayed from the sink faucet because the diffuser is missing from the faucet. Cheap rate. Should be! This place is bad.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank nigmal

Travelers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels

Indianapolis
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Then lobby smelled like old/mothballs. Rude staff wouldn't honor our AAA discount. First room TV out, next room very dirty (pee on toilet, bed visibly soiled, hand soap opened and used). The staff person we encountered on checkout was apologetic and applied a discount to our stay but we won't ever be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Marie M
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Often, Quality Inns are nice, but not this one! It's old, needs updating and the room smelled bad, mildewy. Lots of stained walls and fixtures. Couple of restaurants in walking distance, and a few other hotel choices too!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Was not impressed with this hotel. Reception staff was the only exception to the extremely poor service and experience. The rooms were not as clean as they should be, the decor was in dire need of some updating. This hotel needs to be addressed by the Quality Inn Corporate Office!!! I will never stay, or make reservations for my group at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel is my best tip!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Fairfield Inn Indianapolis South
Hampton Inn Indianapolis-South
#11 of 178 in Indianapolis
Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis South
Candlewood Suites Indianapolis - South

Been to Motel 6 Indianapolis - Southport? Share your experiences!