“Lots of history and the First Lady collection was beautiful!”

Benjamin Harrison Presidential Site
Ranked #14 of 173 things to do in Indianapolis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities
West Lafayette, Indiana
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Lots of history and the First Lady collection was beautiful!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Our docent was very knowledgeable and we happened to visit when gowns worn by First Lady's were being displayed in multiple rooms. The house has been lovingly preserved and if I remember correctly, is one of the few Presidential homes not part of the National Park Service. We were able to tour all three levels of the house and the back stairs coming back down are pretty steep, so anyone with mobility issues, beware! I've toured several different Presidential homes and this one did not disappoint!

1 Thank csharrison68
campsalot, Curator at Benjamin Harrison Presidential Site, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Hello csharrison68,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit. I wanted to let you know that we do have an elevator available for those that might have mobility issues. The main elevator goes between the lower level and 2nd floor and then there is a smaller "Elevette" that goes to the 3rd floor. Thank you again for your excellent review!

Southwest Virginia
107 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 410 helpful votes
“Another must for history buffs”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The Benjamin Harrison home is located in downtown Indianapolis and like many downtown attractions parking is a major issue. I would strongly suggest that visitors check out this attractions website prior your visit as it has some very good information on WHERE NOT TO PARK. Finding parking during the week can be a major issue, very limited street parking is available near the home. The tour of the house is outstanding and well worth the time. The guides are very informative and offer you little known insight into the life of our 23rd President. The Benjamin Harrison Home is a historical treasure and is well worth a visit.

1 Thank SneakinDeacon
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“School field trip”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Was a chaperone with my daughter's class several years ago. It was a good field trip, very informative.

Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“My Favorite part of the trip !!!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Linda the tour guide was fantastic..... The house was just spectacular. It really was my favorite place to see during my five days in Indy ! STOP BY...... you will love it !!!! Great antiques !

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Take a step back in time”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I toured the President Benjamin Harrison Home with my child's elementary class. We learned many wonderful facts. Great educational tool!

Visited December 2012