“Excellent Tour”

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We thought we would just spend 30 minutes and then be on our way. But, there is more to this tour than the President's home. The tour includes information about the house itself, the Harrison family, and special exhibits on important political people of Indiana, women's suffrage and more. Our docent was very flexible. Since there was only 5 of us in the tour group, he was willing to give as short or as long a tour as we wanted. We opted for the long tour, which lasted a little more than 2 hours. We could have used more time to view the special exhibits. The DAR is involved with this site which may have something to do with the very high quality of the exhibits. No, I am not affiliated with the DAR ;-)

1  Thank CarolTwo

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I had wanted to visit this site for years. I had a day off and took my sis and niece, who had zero interest in history. Even they enjoyed this excellent tour. The tour guide was extremely knowledgeable and entertaining, We all had a great time.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Most likely because it was July and hot has heck, but had a tour just for me with a most knowledgeable gentleman. Tour was an hour long! Well worth the $8!

Reviewed July 19, 2012

One of the Indiana Landmarks historic properties, this is a well-maintained and managed historic site. Guides will give you a new appreciation for an often-overlooked President. It's a special treat when you see it decorated for the holidays.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I want to recommend the Benjamin Harrison Home in Indianapolis. Recently my husband and I went to see this place. We visit many historical homes all over the country but I can say this was one of the best visits we ever had. The guide gave us a wonderful tour. Instead of the usual short visit to each room in the house she gave us the background of the family, shared a wealth of historical information she herself had gathered over her years of working there, and beautifully tied together the interesting events surrounding the time period and the extended family. The home is air-conditioned and very comfortable for a summer visit.