“Good afternoon trip”

Indiana State Museum
Ranked #18 of 176 things to do in Indianapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore one of Indianapolis' top attractions The Indiana State Museum in White River State Park in downtown Indianapolis is the place to go to uncover Indiana’s secrets. The museum houses exhibits on science, art, culture and history of Indiana from prehistoric times up to the present day. The museum provides stunning views and architecture, making it a great venue for weddings, special events or meetings. Home to the famous L.S. Ayres Tea Room restaurant, the Indiana Store gift shop, and the IMAX Theater, Indiana’s largest movie screen.
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

We were able to spend about three hours here. Many different exhibits including natural history and Indiana history. There is also an Imax theater in the building (extra cost).

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I've been to the museum several times-both with and without my young son. I am a museum nerd and have always enjoyed this one. Lots of information and interesting things to see. But there's also lots of things for kids. They have great special exhibits. They had a corn exhibit, they had a Titanic exhibit, a James Dean exhibit, a Lord of the Rings exhibit, and a Christmas train exhibit just to name a few. We have seen I-Max movies there as well and always enjoy a nice walk down the canal. I think that part is my son's favorite. But the best visit we ever had to the museum was the Star Wars exhibit. They had things from all six movies, and it was great to introduce my son to those films. Loved it. There's great stuff at the museum every day but they also do a great job bringing in special exhibits throughout the year.

1  Thank DLMJ
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Plenty of exciting exhibits for everyone the family. There is something for everyone. Everything was interesting and fascinating. They also have IMAX films that seem great. I would highly recommend this museum.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Great option to visit in Indianapolis. Excellent museum with attractions in I Max 3D and I a lot of history of the state of Indiana. The museum also has an area devoted to natural history. Well worth the visit.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

With five grandchildren in tow, ages 4-12, we visited the Museum on Christmas Eve Day.
It is a perfect day to visit, no crowds, lots of parking, and plenty of time to enjoy each exhibit. Something for everyone. Finished out the day with lunch in the Ayres Tea Room. My daughters used to enjoy this holiday treat when they were little, and it was such fun to share it with the grandchildren. Wonderful food in the Tea Room and a terrific server. Next year we will return and this time we will enjoy the "children tea". Watched other families with young children as we were leaving and tea time seemed to be a big hit.