“Good Value, Friendly & Helpful Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Quality Inn South

Quality Inn South
Ranked #125 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Montpelier, Vermont
“Good Value, Friendly & Helpful Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

We were pretty bedraggled after riding through days and days of rain on a motorcycle. The kindly desk clerk saw this right away and went out of her way to be attentive and helpful. While we were unloading the motorcycle, she went personally to check the room for us, just to make sure everything was in order. She picked a room that was well-located, very clean and comfortable. We appreciated the larger bathroom it had, compared to the newer (bad trend, IMHO) postage-sized ones we keep finding. With more space in the bathroom, it was easier to deal with our wet clothing, and it was all dry by the next morning. The desk clerk also allowed us to park the bike where it would be protected from the pouring rain, and we were grateful for that the next day when everything else was soaked.

Our hostess was a person who clearly loves her job and is dedicated to making guests' stays as pleasant as she possibly can. I don't know what the management here does to encourage such dedication on the part of the staff, but whatever it is, we were impressed.

Overall, we found the room pretty nice, a good size, clean and comfortable, and well-priced. I should also mention that, because of the weather, we ordered dinner from a local restaurant and found our accommodation entirely suitable for a pleasant in-room meal. So we were well-rested and feeling comfortable the next morning, ready to continue the ride after our pleasant stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CarolDM1900

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

We arrived at Quality Inn at 2:20 a.m. after driving all night. The woman at the desk was friendly and helpful. Things went downhill from there as we entered our room. The musty smell was overwhelming and our sheets were actually damp. We had a white comforter on our bed that had stains. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Staff was very friendly and accomodations were very well maintained. From the time you check in until check out the staff treats you as a part of their family and makes you feel as if you were visiting at their home instead of their work. Breakfast was good and if it was supposed to be hot it was. Will definitely stay here any time I am in the Indianapolis area.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank pebo41
Charleston, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stopped in here without a reservation while driving across the country. The staff was nice. The room was very muggy when we got in - my son asked why the sheets felt sweaty. The room was quiet enough, and clean. The breakfast was very basic.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

First and foremost I want to say that this hotel has a very friendly staff that takes pride in what they do they also have a good breakfast! I definitely recommend anybody staying here if your looking for a great value with a staff that would make you feel at home.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank tag0999
Stockton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I picked this place to stay based on its location to the shop where my truck was getting maintenance work done. I was feeling a bit under the weather and was planning to stay a couple days extra until I felt better so I wanted a comfortable place to stay. This place did not disappoint me. In fact, any time I need a room in Indianapolis again regardless of why I'm there I will stay at this hotel. Now I've stayed in nicer places than this, not that there's anything wrong with this place, but what really makes this place rock is the staff. They were the sweetest, kindest most helpful bunch I've came across in a long time. Thank you Kevin and Joyce for all your help. And thank you to the shuttle driver who's name I did not get for being so helpful.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Willymichaels
Puyallup, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Out of all of the hotels that I have stayed in, Quality in offers the best price, hospitality, and positive atmosphere. I always feel welcome. I am always reminded by the staff about their breakfast times and local attractions. The staff is extremely professional and polite at all times. Mila and Julie are always the first to offer assistance to meet my needs as a customer. The facility is well kept and in a great location for me to quickly make it to my National Guard drills. In summary, quality is the only place that i will stay when I come to Indianapolis. My only request is that they add a swimming pool and more gym equipment

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.