“Am I allowed to swear in this review?”
Review of Quality Inn South

Quality Inn South
Ranked #134 of 188 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Folks,

I only have 200 characters to write with so here goes: You're better off sleeping in the street or in your car instead of the Quality Inn at 4502 Harding Street in Indianapolis, IN. DUMP, SMELLY. LOUSY EMPLOYEES. WREAKED SMOKE. Three hand towels in the bathroom. No bath towels or wash clothes, just three hand towels. Someone needs to overhaul this (here is where the swear word comes in) S#&! hole. Bull doze it, with the desk clerks inside and build it from scratch.

Room Tip: I'm conviced that you get what you pay for when it comes to a good quality hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Yeah, I stayed here. It was about midnight and I couldn't drive anymore. And I have a long drive tomorrow, too. I gotta get up early and get back on the road. So, I want cheap, and this is where I stayed. The people just sort of hanging out in the parking lot when I pulled in at midnight? Too tired to care. The desk clerk who left me to wait at the front desk for a couple minutes while she finished her smoke outside? Too tired to care. The vaguely unsafe feeling as I walked down the hallway to my room? That's right, too tired to care, but I did prop the ironing board against the door, just in case.

The room and bathroom were clean. The air conditioning did work. Yes, there was coffee and food at the breakfast nook in the morning. Ice in the ice machine. And, I slept like I wanted to. Not my favorite, but it was what I needed, at a price I was willing to pay. Time to get back on the road.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Well it was a vacation hotel that that was a dissapointment.
Hotel smelled like smoke and was shocked that the checking person said it was a completely smoke free environment and there would be a 150 dollar fee if we smoked. We do not smoke and I wonder how many people actually get fined.
The room was small with no mini refrigator on the 2nd floor. Also no elevator at all.
Would not stay here again
So much for a good dollar amount but the hotel needs work.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

First the hotel staff was very accommodating with me and my wife who was in a wheelchair at the time. The hotel lobby looked as if it had been recently renovated and was clean. The rooms were clean and spacious but could use a slight update. Breakfast was surprisingly well stocked although we came when it was almost done. The hotel is also located in a high truck traffic area. I will definitely be staying at this location again! very nice for the price

4  Thank nick r
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The person that checked my family in was rude/annoyed we were there. Entire hotel smells like cigarette smoke. Our room was fairly clean the the bathroom light switch and switch plate was dirty - I used a tissue with soap and water to clean it. The air conditioner did not work when we entered the room it was set on coldest and high cool we left it there all night and still slept uncovered because we were too warm. The location is hard to find in addition to being next to the truck stop and strip club. I did not eat breakfast. We will never stay at this location again!

1  Thank tnnt
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I usually stay at a location twice before I rate anything below average however, I will NEVER stay here again. First, you are staying near truck stops and a strip club. The good news is that I was able to get a Subway sub at the one truck stop for dinner and even brought one back to the hotel for the clerk. That's where the good news ends.

First, long term guests stay here...construction workers drinking beer in the parking lot. I felt so unsafe that I asked for a room on a different wing of the hotel and the clerk obliged but tried to convince me that they guys, including the one trying to pick her up are harmless. I'm not convinced.

The first room, wow! What a shock to walk into a room with the bed unmade--the covers were not on the floor but pulled up on the bed with lots of lumps but the towels were lying on the floor. I almost thought they gave me a room that someone else was in but the clerk confirmed that the room was empty...for two days. She even stated that perhaps the maids sleep there during the day? WOW!

Due to this inconvenience, she gave me a lower rate--$49.99/night. Not worth that rate...read on.

The second room although the a/c was disconnected, I plugged it in and although it rattled, it worked. I was also able to get on the SLOW internet with my personal computer and it wasn't until I turned on the tv did I realize it looked like someone placed bodily fluid on the screen--it was an old tv so perhaps they just don't clean the tv? Then, I saw all the dust on the carpets and the dirty bathtub and the hair on my sheets. The next morning, when I was getting a shower, it was difficult to find an unstained towel--if I knew the towels were stained/dirty, I would have passed on the shower however, now, I had to comit to using a dirty towel. The towels were cheap and not soft, of course. Breakfast was okay but no fresh fruit. The hotel workers also eat with you (not after the breakfast hours) and they seem to save the best for the workers.

Bottom line: I would rather sleep in my car then stay here again, sorry for the harsh but realistic review. After this visit, I stopped staying in a Choice Hotel--the body fluid on the tv was too much I would rather stay at the other Quality Inn hotel in Indiana than here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the wing without the drunk construction workers.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Hotel needs updating badly. That being said,...the beds were comfortable, the air conditioner worked great on a hot and humid weekend. The breakfast started at 5:30AM and was great..Good location for our needs and lots of restaurants to choose from in the immediate area. Room was OK ... we have stayed alot at the Candlewood Suites..we would take this ovrer that any day for the money saved! And the men at reception were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: 10% off at Texas Roadhouse with stay here.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple