“Special Event with Active Indy Tours”
Review of Active Indy Tours

Active Indy Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Offering daily, guided walking, running and biking tours of Indianapolis. Casually paced, our tours are the perfect way to explore the history, public art and many surprises Indianapolis has to offer. Be Active. See Indy.
Indianapolis
“Special Event with Active Indy Tours”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

As executive director for local non-profit, Nine13sports, I turned to Nathan and Active Indy Tours when a high school asked me to consult on putting together a day long event in downtown Indianapolis combining bicycles and the history of our beloved city.

I had met Nathan back in December and immediately turned to him to put together a day that I knew would be exceptional. He not only followed through with creating an event that will forever be remembered by the 12 students, but he went above and beyond in every single detail.

I would not hesitate to suggest and recommend any Active Indy Tours program to anyone I know, and I'll certainly be participating in future tours led by them myself.

Thanks for a great day and some great memories!

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Gambold Prep Ride”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Had a great time on the ActiveIndy Bike Tour. Learned a lot about the city while also getting a nice bike ride in. It is a great tour for students and schools as the ride isn't too vigorous and there is good information given.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Walking tour of White River State Park”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Excellent guide. He was knowledgeable and very patient with the students. This was a 5th grade guided walking tour.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Best Birthday Gift Ever!”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

The best way to explore a city is from the seat of a bike. Nathan gave us an awesome 3-hour tour of Indianapolis and I learned so much about a city I've lived in all my life. Bring your own bike or rent one when you make your reservation. Afterwards, I suggest grabbing lunch at a local restaurant downtown.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Wichita, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Active Indy tours”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I took this tour as a guest of the JW Marriott conference. Our "chief exploration officer" was Nathan Smurdon. They couldn't have made a better choice. Nathan has such a passion and love for the city of Indianapolis! He was incredibly knowledgeable about so many areas of the city. Our tour was a culinary walking tour of Mass ave which is so close to the down town and is such a charming area of the city. He pointed out many important as well as fun facts about the area we visited. We stopped at all locally owned places for wine and food tastings. Everyone in our group seemed to enjoy the experience as well as the beautiful city of Indianapolis!