“A great way to learn about Indianapolis” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Active Indy Tours

Active Indy Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Offering daily, guided walking, running and biking tours of Indianapolis. Casually paced, our tours are the perfect way to explore the history, public art and many surprises Indianapolis has to offer. Be Active. See Indy.
Indianapolis, Indiana
“A great way to learn about Indianapolis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

I am local to Indianapolis and thought this was a great way to learn more about the city. The tour guide, Nathan, was great!

Visited July 2013

“Sold on Indy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Perfect way to see the city! Nathan was knowledgable and I learned so much and saw even more! An easy ride for all; you don't need to be an avid bicyclist to do it. Wish they had this in my city.

Visited July 2013
Nathan S, Owner at Active Indy Tours, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
We're so glad you enjoyed the bike tour and you've hit upon the most common question we are asked about them - do I need to be a strong rider to enjoy it? The majority of our customers are very casual riders and our tours are perfect because we ride at a comfortable pace and there are plenty of storytelling stops along the way!
INDIANAPOLIS
“Great tour!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Did the 3 hour Cultural Trail bike tour with Nathan. I live in the city and found the tour highly interesting and informative. Nathan certainly knows the history of Indianapolis inside and out and has a passion for sharing that knowledge. I would strongly recommend this tour to any locals and visitors who want to learn about Indianapolis and as a bonus want to get some exercise. This is an outstanding tour one of best city tours I have ever been on.

Nathan S, Owner at Active Indy Tours, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your tour experience! It means a lot when a local resident shares that they had a great experience and learned some new things about the city in which they live!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great family experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

My two teenage sons and I had a great experience doing the 3 hour cultural district bike tour. We were in town visiting my sister and her husband, both of whom also joined us on the tour. My sister was the one who suggested the tour and I am glad that she did. I thought that it was a great way to get to know the city. My teenage sons both enjoyed themselves as well, providing us with a nice family outing. Nathan did an excellent job of leading us around and providing information about Indianapolis. I would highly recommend the tour. Thanks Nathan!

Nathan S, Owner at Active Indy Tours, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thanks for the great review! We had a blast with your sons and the rest of your family and are happy to hear you enjoyed seeing Indy on two wheels! If you haven't already done so, you can check out the "Views from the Guide" photos from your tour over on our FaceBook page.
Wetzlar, Germany
“Perfect mix of storytelling and facts while being outdoors”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

We just returned from the MIdtown and Broadripple tour. While I was sceptical at first about me mastering the length of the tour - I was sorry in the end that it was over so soon. The 21 mi were really not an issue because of the landscape being totally flat (just one mild uphill stretch to Butler University). A water bottle already filled with cold water is part of the service and Nathan also took some items (e.g. camera) in his saddle bag while we could leave my purse in a safe locker at the bike garage. I recommend this tour for everyone who spends a week-end in Indy and would like some exercise while learning some intersting stories and facts about the history and people of Indianapolis. Nathan, our tour guide took us through nice and historic neighborhoods past the Governor's mansion up to Broad Ripple where we had a lunch break before going back along the canal through White River State Park into Downtown. Time was flying as were our bikes and we actually finished the tour 30 min early :) Nathan and his Active Indy Tours company is certainly filling a gap in Indy's cultural offerings.

Nathan S, Owner at Active Indy Tours, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thanks so much for sharing your Midtown Bike N Dine tour experience! As you noted, time flies when you are having fun and we always allow our customers to dictate the pace - we're happy that you felt 21 miles was easy when done the ActiveIndy way! We're thrilled you enjoyed the tour and look forward to your next visit to Indy!