“Made Me Fall in Love with Indy”
Review of Active Indy Tours

Active Indy Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Offering daily, guided walking, running and biking tours of Indianapolis. Casually paced, our tours are the perfect way to explore the history, public art and many surprises Indianapolis has to offer. Be Active. See Indy.
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I was attending a conference in Indy during a bitterly cold week and had hardly stepped outside since I got there. Despite the cold, Nathan still (cheerfully) met me early in the am on my last day in town. That one hour historic downtown running tour taught me more about the city, the history, the sites than the entire rest of my trip. Who knew Indy had such cool museums, monuments, and running paths?! Nathan was so easy to talk with and so knowledgable. Thanks so much! See ya next time!

Nathan S, Owner at Active Indy Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Who knew there were so many cool things to see in Indy? Now YOU do! Thanks for the great review Jessica! So glad we helped make your visit to Indy even better!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I was a first-time visitor to Indianapolis (attending a conference), and did the historic downtown running tour offered by Active Indy. I loved it. It was just a terrific way to be introduced to the city, and helped me get oriented. I appreciated all of the history that my guide Nathan shared with me. I also appreciated the loan of a warm hat since I had packed for a cold morning but missed that item. I recommend this tour to anyone, but especially any convention visitors or others staying right downtown as the location is incredibly convenient, and it is a great alternative to a hotel fitness center.

Nathan S, Owner at Active Indy Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thanks so much Lauren - we enjoyed getting out and starting the day the ActiveIndy way with you while you were here in Indy!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I was in Indianapolis for a conference and did the Mid Town 20 mile tour. We had a great time. Before I left for Indianapolis I was kind of making fun of my destination, certainly not Cancun, but the bike tour gave me a great appreciation of the city and its history. This tour shaded my whole experience at the conference. I especially like touring the older sections of town, and stopping at the bicycle shop. Lunch at the restaurant was great. We stopped but not too often. I was tired after 20 miles but it all felt good.

Nathan S, Owner at Active Indy Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed spending the day with you and the rest of the group attending the conference - so glad our tour was the perfect way to kick off your stay here in Indy!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We had a wonderful time on the Active Indy Indianapolis Automotive Heritage Tour. It was our first time in the city. The tour was a great introduction to a new place. We were able to learn and see a great deal in a short period of time. Nathan is a wonderful guide. He is very kind and knowledgable. I highly recommend Active Indy. The bike tour was the highlight of our trip.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

My friends & I took the Downtown Cultural Districts & Neighborhoods Biking Tour last week and had a fantastic time. Nathan was very knowledgeable about the neighborhoods. While the three of us work downtown, and two of us grew up in Indianapolis, he taught us a lot about the city! This was my second tour and my first biking tour with ActiveIndy Tours. If you are looking for great views of the city, take advantage of these tours!