“Great Tour, Great Day, Great Town!”
Review of Active Indy Tours

Active Indy Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Offering daily, guided walking, running and biking tours of Indianapolis. Casually paced, our tours are the perfect way to explore the history, public art and many surprises Indianapolis has to offer. Be Active. See Indy.
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is exactly the kind of tour I was looking for.

I was in Indianapolis for 3 days, and had Saturday all to myself with the intention of riding around town on my bike and getting lost in the city. I read about Active Indy Tours here on TripAdvisor and thought a fixed route with someone that knows a lot about the town seemed safer and more productive. I went on the Midtown & Broad Ripple Tour. A large party had to cancel the day of the tour, meaning I was the only one on the tour. Fortunately Nathan was a personable and fun guide with a head packed full of knowledge about the town.

This was my first experience on a biking tour and will now be looking for similar tours in every city I visit. I found that riding through a broad region of town and hearing the story of how the city expanded and interesting historical tidbits made me really connect with the spirit of Indianapolis that I otherwise would not. I now feel I know all about Indianapolis and could tell anyone where they should go for dinner, or where to spend an afternoon. I'd highly recommend this tour for anyone new to the city or coming from out of town.

Nathan S, Owner at Active Indy Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Thanks for the great review! Had a blast out on our Broad Ripple & Midtown Bike n' Dine tour showing off the cool neighborhoods and extensive bike trails that we have here in Indy!

Reviewed June 29, 2012

We made our first trip to Indy June 25, 2012. We found Indy to be a beautifully laid out city with lots to see and enjoy. We looked online for a tour of the city and came across Active Indy Tours. They offer walking, cycling and running tours of the city. We booked the cycling tour and found it to be fantastic. Indy is very walkable and cycle-able. In fact, it is laid out with a wonderful cultural trail that winds its way all over downtown and the surrounging area, hitting all key must-see landmarks. Combine this with a highly knowledgeable guide and a nice bike and you have a recipe for a memorable, enjoyable time. Nathan led our tour and is a wealth of knowledge on the city and its history. The pace was perfect...relaxed with frequent stops to talk and explore Indy's history, landmarks and features. Book it, you'll love it!

1  Thank Rigo V
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

So glad you enjoyed your time with us on the Downtown Cultural Districts & Neighborhoods Biking Tour! We look forward to your next visit back to Indy! Your "view from the guide" photos are posted up on our FB page - check them out!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Some friends and I recently went on an ActiveIndy tour of the White River State Park and Central Canal. This is a nice way to get some exercise, learn a little history and see some sights in Indianapolis. Other types of tours are also available. I felt the $15 fee was fair and affordable.
Nathan, our tour guide, was very knowledgable, answering our questions and providing insight on how the canal came to be a part of the city. The walking tour is easy, mostly flat and slow paced, but not too slow, and lasts about 90 minutes. The tour was quite enjoyable and I would recommend it to anyone visiting Indianapolis.

Nathan S, Owner at Active Indy Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Thank you so much for posting your review of the White River State Park & Central Canal Walking Tour! We're so glad you enjoyed the historical overview of this downtown Indianapolis treasure!