“some good, some bad...................”

Lexington Hotel- Indianapolis Airport
Ranked #136 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
Indiana
“some good, some bad...................”
Reviewed September 9, 2010

The hotel was very well suited to our needs. Location is OK and the 24 hr shuttle was handy, but the area seems abandoned since the airport terminal has moved. People were helpful, but the hotel is tired and showing its age. We had two rooms and one was OK but the other was very musty and damp. The TV system felt like it was from the 80's and the room is just very dated. The only busy part of the deal is all the air traffic from Fed-Ex that come directly over the hotel for several hours in the evening.. Looks like they are trying to gets things updated, but it may be a tough deal to get done. The lobby was fine, but did not see a single person in the bar or restaurant during our 2 night stay. Its one of those deals where if I paid rack rate, I would be very upset, but since it was a Priceline deal it was tolerable. The hotel was fine for our needs, but not for its star rating.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
mlchurch, Director of Revenue Development at Lexington Hotel- Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, September 16, 2010
Thank you for the review. We are in the middle of an extensive renovation and hope we get an opportunity in the near future to show you the positive changes. In 2008 the Airport moved but plans are being discussed on how the space can be improved and utilized. Unfortunately, right now the construction makes the area look desolate.

Sincerely - Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 17, 2010

This hotel was the one who accepted our bid on Priceline. I wouldn't choose the hotel on my own, and I also wouldn't characterize it as a 3-star hotel. The staff was pleasant, but the rooms reminded me more of a motel. Bathrooms (we had two rooms) had one conditioner and one face soap. The towels were very thin and dingy ... for me, that was the worst because it's a huge reminder that 100's of people have used the towel before me. I hated the sleep number bed, but my teenagers enjoyed playing with the buttons and moving the mattress up and down (I finally unplugged mine). The A/C in our room wasn't doing much to aid in the 'old room smell' but the one in the second room worked well. The sheets were clean and the internet service was one of the best I've had recently. For a one-night stay, it was acceptable.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
San Diego, California
Reviewed July 27, 2010

I work for a medium size company and several of us travel often. With the current economic situation, we try to limit our travel expenses as much as possible. Indy is a new area for us and when I booked this stay at such a great rate...I was a little concerned...as I always am when visiting a new city. I was certainly very pleasantly surprised ! It is so convenient to the airport with free shuttle service. I was even able to delay picking up my rental car until the next morning which saved more $$. Their shuttle took me back to the airport to get a car. Much easier than dealing with it when I arrived at the airport at 9:30 at night. An easy 10 minute drive to downtown where I was meeting our clients. The staff was so friendly, very professional. The Sleep Number bed was a nice feature, the room was nice, great fluffy bedspread and really soft sheets. I had breakfast in the restaurant...and guess what...the oatmeal was "homemade"...not that microwave instant stuff you usually get...trust me, you can tell the difference. The server told me that all of their selections are homemade, not pre-made. This Radisson is my new home when I'm in Indianapolis.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Brewster626
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed July 11, 2010

I was a guest at the Radisson from July 7th until July 10th. Truth be told I was a little nervous after reading some of the reviews on here, but it wasn't as bad as some are making it out to be. First off it's very easy to find from the airport and is right off the 465. Check in was a breeze and only took a couple of moments. So now it was the moment of truth, Room 550, what was I getting myself into? The room was just fine and very clean. I was at the end of the hall and heard no noise during my stay. I'm not sure if I actually had the sleep number bed, but I managed to sleep just fine with or without it. Yes the bathroom is a little bit small, but it was clean so I was happy. If you are an above average height then the shower might be a bit of a squeeze but it allowed me to practice my limbo moves. The only thing that I felt the room was really missing was a hotel binder of the amenities. I don't know if the other rooms have one, but I certainly didn't and I would have found this useful. On my last night of my visit I experienced some water issues and the front desk was less than helpful with this issue. First off they didn't answer the phone until I called the on duty manager number and then I received the ever so useful excuse of 'we are really busy'. When I explained the problem of having no hot water and the fact that the water was brown she said she would call me back, which she did. However she was trying to radio with maintenance and couldn't seem to figure out the radio so she placed me on hold.....for over 3 minutes. Dave the maintenance man then showed up at my door explaining that a water main had burst that day across the street so that's why there were water issues. He was most helpful and after I explained my dissatisfaction with the front desk Dave apologized for them and for the hotel. I found Dave's apology very sincere. Overall this hotel doesn't deserve the bad reviews it's been receiving. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if I find myself in Indianapolis. It's clean, quiet and overall it's a well maintained property.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 6, 2010

We stayed at the Radisson for one night on our way to Pittsburgh -- just needed a comfortable sleep after a day of driving and a good shower the next day. I was looking forward to trying a Sleep Number bed, but wasn't impressed -- it just felt lumpy! My husband and I both slept badly. When I took a shower, I had to bend way down to get under the shower head (it was a good eight inches below the top of my head -- I'm only 5'11''.) The room was clean, though, and the front desk staff was friendly. Even so, probably won't stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed May 18, 2010

I enjoyed this hotel. It is a little bit older and has some character. The rooms were very clean and the staff was polite and conversational. The only drawback (for some) was that there were few amenities in the bathroom. But, I would definitely stay there again.

It's located right next to the airport, and is about ten minutes from downtown by expressway.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Port Washington, New York
Reviewed March 31, 2010

I don't feel like complaining too much, because I got this hotel on Priceline for what I'd normally pay for a Motel 6, and it was definitely nicer than a no-frills motel. But it's just too run-down and dingy to qualify for 3 stars, in my opinion. The water pressure in the shower is awful, they only give you a little shampoo and soap for amenities, and you practically step into the toilet when you get out of the shower.
But there were some very nice positive aspects as well. Free parking, free Internet which worked fine, and a 24-hour fitness room that had good working treadmills in it. The bed was fine for me, though some don't like the adjustable pressure thing. The TV got plenty of channels. The staff was very nice, gave me a quiet room when I requested it (so I didn't hear too much airport noise) and also gave me an extra hour to check out the next day, which I really appreciated. I would definitely come back here, but if I were paying a 3-star rate I'd be very disappointed in the accommodations. For $40, it was perfectly acceptable.

Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank flyermontana
Corey_Lane, General Manager at Lexington Hotel- Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, May 14, 2010
Thank you for the review. We appreciate the feedback and will look into the negative aspects of your stay so that we can correct them for future guests. We do have an extensive renovation planned for this year and the first step in the renovation is happening very soon. Shortly the carpet will be replaced, new lighting in the corridors as well as new and more artwork throughout the building. Also, one of your highlights of your stay was the internet. Although a positive of many stays, that too will be upgraded and we will be the only hotel in Indianapolis with 10 Mbps of internet bandwidth.