“Great Experience”

Ranked #138 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
Milwaukee, WI
“Great Experience”
Reviewed February 16, 2010

My room was very clean and comfortable and I loved the Sleep Number Bed. The bar and restaurant staff were friendly and seemed eager to accommodate their guests. All the staff were freindly and this was a perfect hotel for business.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Valparaiso, Indiana
Reviewed December 17, 2009

This hotel must pipe deodorizer that is used to cover up the odor in a smoking room through the entire ventilation system b/c it was so strong upon entering the establishment that it made me want to gag. The room was, at best, just a place to sleep, didn't feel clean, and even though the website said it was recently renovated, that must have been the part of the hotel we didn't see - no wait a minute, the sign outside was actually quite nice and looked new. Maybe that's what they meant.

Anyway, we arrived late at night anticipating a quiet meal in the restaurant or bar and relaxing before bed only to find that the restaurant was closed (which was fine) and the bar only served pizza (okay, we'll have pizza) but on that particular night, they were out of pizza and had nothing to serve us. The staff then strongly recommended and sent us to a local bar that turned out to be a smoky hole-in-the-wall with the music so loud we couldn't hear ourselves think, let alone talk, and a waitress was seen bringing out a bottle of beer squashed into her sweaty armpit since her hands were full of other drinks.

I'm just of the mind that if you don't have a lot to work with (an older building) and maybe the area you are located isn't in the best neighborhood, that you make up for it in service and amenities and at this particular hotel those things were just non-existent!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Corey_Lane, General Manager at Lexington Hotel- Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2010
We have heard and appreciate your feedback. The scent you mentioned is from a machine in the lobby that almost all major brands use as a standard. I apologize that you did not like the scent and we have checked to see if the machine is working correctly.

Travelers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels

Central Oklahoma
Reviewed November 22, 2009

This hotel is in a good location easy access on and off the highway, to the airport as well as to the speedway.

Now with that being said, the hotel itself is below average on cleanliness, the carpet in our room was stained, the showerhead was so terrible and the water pressure was even worse not to mention it was one extreme or the other either freezing or scalding hot there just wasn't any way to get the water a moderate temperature to take a comfortable shower.

Now the beds by far were the worst part of the stay, they were sleep number beds and just to say if you are a sleep number fan you will probably love it but if you are not just be forewarned all their beds are sleep numbers and with as many guest as I am sure they have there my guess is these beds do not operate properly. They were either rock hard or when you let enough air out to get them comfortable you sank into the middle of the mattress and then hours later the pump would kick on and air back up by itself to rock hard again. All 4 people in our party agreed (myself mid 30's, my husband late 30's our 15 y/o and my mother in her mid 50's) they were the most uncomfortable beds we had EVER slept on in our lives!

The ice machine was broken on our floor so we had to go down to the 5th floor to make the trek just to get ice. There is a restaurant but they cut off room service at 10pm every night which doesn't help becuase there isn't really anything close by to run and grab a bite from when you arrive at 10:20 as we did.

Like I said the location is good but would probably not stay here again knowing I wouldn't sleep a wink in the beds and the next morning just trying to shower was a challenge.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
We have heard and appreciate your feedback. The problems you mentioned with water pressure in that room have been looked at and rectified. I apologize for the inconvenience.
illinois
Reviewed November 13, 2009

Took my husband here for his birthday where we were led to believe all rooms had the sleep number bed not true ours had the bed no controllers & front desk didn't seem to care too much. Also website says they have a place called "the Corner Store" where you can find things that you may have forgotten. Uh oh another misconception. They haven't had the store for some time now. Get it off your website then!!!! Very misleading. They are very reserved on handing out any shampoo or soap. Most of all NO WATER PRESSURE what so ever!! Lastly a school of teenage band members stayed & slammed doors & roamed the halls til 2a not good when you are looking to relax!! I would definately give this hotel a big thumbs down!!! & a huge SUCKS!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Illinois
Reviewed November 9, 2009

Checked in at midnight after a very long 24 hour day of working. Walked nearly a country mile to get to my room. Passed a wedding reception letting out, full of drunk obnoxious people crowding the hallways. Tried to shower and get some sleep, there was NO WATER PRESSURE! Tried to lay down, had sleep number beds, but I found 2 dirty socks in my bed!!! Horrible housekeeping! If I had not have been awake for 24 hours already I would have just left. Had a terrible stay, not to mention the people in the rooms next to me were in and out all night long making all kinds of noise.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Indiana
Reviewed October 17, 2009

I was not particularly happy to win this hotel on priceline, given some of the reviews. I was pleasantly surprised. The service at the front desk was very prompt and courteous. There was a bellman that helped us bring our luggage to our room. I did not request but received adjoining rooms. I did call before arrival and request if I could have 2 beds per room, and they did meet that request. The rooms were very clean, and I admit I'm pretty picky. The rooms we stayed in did look recently updated. The beds and linens were comfortable (sleep number beds). Plenty of pillows. Internet was free. Bathrooms were spotless. Hairdryer available on the wall in the bathroom, I prefer a moveable one, but it worked well. Temperature in the room stayed even all night. Being so close to the airport, you do hear some noise from airplanes in the early morning. This was ok with us, as we were there to get up very early anyway and catch a flight ourselves. There is a free shuttle at this hotel to the airport which we used, they were very quick and polite. You can park onsite for long term for 10.00 per 24 hours. We did take advantage of that offer. In the morning when we left the lobby had a small selection of pastry, muffins and fruit. Do not be afraid to stay here! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Colfax
Reviewed October 14, 2009

Very affordable compared to other hotels in the area, I was there just to sleep but the hotel and room looked ver clean.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business