“Only because I was tired ”

Lexington Hotel- Indianapolis Airport
Ranked #138 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
New York City, New York
“Only because I was tired ”
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

This is literarily an airport hotel. Located right towards the back of one of the runways. I couldn't sleep ultimately the last flight left around 11pm (I had a long day).
Some other hotels are within 15 minutes away from the runaways and off the airport
The room is average, the bathroom is tiny and with different ceiling tiles in addition to being stained.

The tv is an old tv (big box). The number bed didn't work.

Now the hotel has a nice staff and very friendly. The lobby is nicely maintained and there were some people at the bar so that probably was ok too.

It wouldn't be my first choice mainly because is old and noise.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Chrissy B, Director of Sales at Lexington Hotel- Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We have new Flat Screen TV's arriving at the hotel to improve the dated box TV. We are also working in all the rooms to correct the condition. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services. We hope for another opportunity to exceed

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Don't normally write bad hotel reviews (everybody can have a bad day). This hotel has been there forever and not ALL rooms have been renovated (my room was in the 330's section of hotel).
My company had a Indy convention over the weekend and placed somewhere in the neighborhood of (300+) people in this hotel and this was the theme of most I spoke to...
1. Room floor not vacuumed. Some type if rubble left all over floor in my room. Weird tannish, brownish stains all around shower tiles.
2. Seriously, I started the water (and turned handled in every conceivable direction) in the shower...but NEVER received anything but ice cold water. Wow! That was invigorating.
3. So, I attempted to use the room phone to reach 'guest services'... 'front desk'... 'time & weather' - nothing but strange beeps & tones coming back thru the phone.

However, I did sleep just fine. Fairly quiet even though you're at the airport.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Chrissy B, Guest Relations Manager at Lexington Hotel- Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. We are working currently on installing new Hot Water tanks, to address the hot water issues. We will also address the cleanliness issues with housekeeping and make sure that rooms are not left unclean or less than satisfaction. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Ryan Matthews.
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

You cant worry about every review you read, our experience was fine. Booked through price line and the reviews I read had me nervous. We arrived at the hotel and the room was ready within 5 minutes. Staff was very friendly! Went upstairs to see what we were getting. Stopped by the ice machine and sure enough on the 4th floor as I had read it was broken. Get your ice machines fixed, not good impression. Went to the room and the beds were clean along with bedroom and theTV worked. Towels were in bathroom and bathroom was clean as well. To me if you are booking a 3 star hotel then that is what matters. I want a clean room, clean comfortable bed, clean bathroom, and A tv that works. Yes you can knit pick that there is no refrig/microwave, that the heater blows your hair if you are sitting at the desk or that your view out your window is the airport. Remote worked for TV but had tape to hold battery's in. No I didn't see a pool and there is no continental breakfast but I also didn't pay full price so . . .
The water was hot when my daughter took a shower and both elevators were working. The restaurant we did not eat at but the prices looked reasonable and they were nice enough to give me a fountain soft drink for the road because I was in a hurry. Everyone at the desk , day & night were very nice and pleasant to talk to along with the waitress in the restaurant. We didn't hear airport noise but also there was snow and snow plows were busy cleaning up the air strip. Do not put in your gps the address as another reviewer said put in the crown plaza address across the street and you will have no problem. Hotel does need updated but don't let the reviews scare you if you get this hotel on priceline bidding we were fine. To the hotel staff please fix those ice machines, and your double beds I slept fine in (husband complained)but you really do need to do a little updating. Your hotel and staff are very nice but you need to improve to keep this hotel competitive. To the reviewer you can't walk to a store but down the street away is a stake n shake. The wifi is free and worked most of the time. No regrets staying here for the money I paid. This hotel is a 3 star hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Qualicum Beach, Canada
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I made a reservation for this hotel at hotels.com. I was then asked to add a name to the reservation in case he arrived earlier than the name on the reservation. I called the hotel directly and was met with such rude, arrogant and completely classless service over the phone, that I when I hung up I cancelled the reservation instantly and booked in at the Comfort Suites where I repeated the process with nothing but a pleasant and courtious experience. You know it must be bad if they can't even get people in the door.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Emily d
Chrissy B, Guest Relations Manager at Lexington Hotel- Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We apologize for the lack of guest service you encountered while trying to change your reservation. We assure you that our staff and service is a priority to our hotel. We take every step to get these matters corrected and every guest experience a wonderful one.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Over all the hotel was ok. I had three problems that never got fixed but the desk clerk did give me a credit. The first problem that I had was the hot water in the sink or I should say lack of. What little water that did run was hot but it was just a dribble! Second problem that I had was the water temperture in the shower, three days it was just barely warm, one day it was just plain cold! And the last problem that I had was under the A/C - Heater unit there was a gap between the unit and the wall which let in a blast of aritc air. I stuffed an extra blanket under the unit which did help.
The staff where all friendly and accomadating.
Would think the hotel could have plowed the parking lot.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Indiana
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Stayed here for an overnight function in December. Staff was very accommodating and friendly. Hotel is a bit older but well maintained. Adam and Chrissy in Sales were great! Our function went off without a hitch and everyone had a great time!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed December 29, 2013

This Radisson is very dated and tired. The desk staff was very kind to get us to dinner right before the bar closed at 11:00pm. The hamburger there was excellent as were the cocktails. The bartender was very accommodating at such a late hour. Unfortunately the room was very worn out and overheated. We were happy to move along the next morning.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Chrissy B, Guest Relations Manager at Lexington Hotel- Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly.