“This place should be closed” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lexington Hotel- Indianapolis Airport

Lexington Hotel- Indianapolis Airport
Ranked #132 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
copenhague
“This place should be closed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

How can Radisson lend its name to such a place? The hotel is run down. dirty, old.
at least the staff is trying to keep up the performance. Go to the crown plaza instead. it is better and same price.
In any case this is to be avoided.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Chrissy B, Guest Relations Manager at Lexington Hotel- Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. thank you for commenting on the staff as well. We want to make every stay a great one and understand that condition can be an issue. Currently, we are working very hard to make improvements to the guest rooms, public areas and amenities of the Radisson. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Ryan Matthews, Guest Service Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Wilmington, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is a nice hotel that use to be the place to stay, closest to the airport terminal before they moved the terminal.
It's neat and clean, but the repairs are very cheap. The tiles in the entrance way are broken, one elevator doesn't work, only a couple of ice machines work and the staff is not last year's staff. I was here a second year for a group function and had a great time. The staff is friendly, the buffet food was very good, and things are clean. It just gives me a feeling of someplace ready to go out of business.

Room Tip: With Fed-ex airplanes landing over the hotel, a runway view is very interesting. You can count the...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Fleming Island, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

If you decide to stay her and are using an iPhone put 2501 S. School House Road into the GPS in your address bar. That is the address for the Crown Plaza which is across the street from the Radisson. If you put 2500 in the search bar, you will end up in the middle if nowhere.. I would recommend not staying here if you can help it. Not only do you hear planes all night, the ac/heat unit knocks and bangs all night. I had to turn it off. I thought it might just be my room, but I asked my associate who was traveling with me and stayed in a different room on a different floor how his was and it was doing the same thing. He had to turn his off also. They tried to upgrade the rooms with sleep number beds and the one I had lost air all night. When I tried to get it to pump back up, it didn't work very well. I know now that I never want to purchase one of these beds.. There are several choices in Indy of places to stay, I would make this my last resort..

Stayed November 2013
Chrissy B, Guest Relations Manager at Lexington Hotel- Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We are currently working with Google Maps and the iPhone apps to fix this issues of our location on the GPS. The team is working on updating the PTAC units to make it more efficient and quieter in the rooms. Again, we apologize for the issues that you encountered and want to make sure the next time you are in Indianapolis, you are confident in our hotel for the future stays. we will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Ryan Matthews, Guest Service Manager.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

I wish there was a way to give this a 2.5 rating because it really wasn't poor but it was a little below average. I stayed here two nights while going to a conference at IUPUI downtown and this was a cheaper option than the downtown hotels, but I wish I would have gone ahead and paid more money for a nicer place. The lobby and lounge area downstairs were very nice, but everything else seemed a little rundown or a touch shabby. There were two elevators but it seemed like only one was working. The ice machines on my floor (2nd) and the third floor were not working so you had to go up to the 4th floor to get ice. The room was very dark with only one light in the ceiling right at the door and then a small lamp over on the beside table. The closet had a bar that was tilting down so the clothes tended to slide down and bunch together. The TV was an older, box-style and just in general everything looked a little dated. As mentioned by another reviewer I could easily hear my neighbors including someone snoring, thank goodness I brought earplugs. My room was clean and the people working there were very nice but I wouldn't stay there again since there are a ton of hotels in the airport area that are nicer and equally priced.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chrissy B, Guest Relations Manager at Lexington Hotel- Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. We are currently waiting on the shipment for all new ice machines and TV's in the rooms. We know that you have a choice, but we would like for you to see our improvements the next time you are in town. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for the Guest Service Manager.
nyc
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Rooms need cleaning and repairs! Bathroom ceiling was in disrepair. Bedroom walls were dirty. Carpet in room was stained and I did not feel good about walking barefoot in it. Beds and linens were nice but that is the only good thing I can say. This hotel should be 2 stars not 3!

• Stayed October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards. We assure you that this is not a the standard condition we would like to have in our hotel and will work on making the corrections.
Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Appreciated was the quick pick-up by shuttle bus from the airport.
Rooms size was OK, and the bed offered me a good rest quality.
Bad luck that my neighbours were noisy till deep in the night; their conversation was easy to hear through the walls. Bad luck also with the WiFi network; I had to go to the lobby for a decent network connection; in the room it was simply too slow (although network available). Nothing in the direct environment if you have no car (e.g. bar, restaurant, convenience store, ...).
Bathroom could use some repairs; it had its best times.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

I recommend staying here only if you plan to be in Indianapolis for a short time and you're just looking for a place to lay your head. Personally, I wouldn't pay full price. I'd place a bid on Priceline for a hotel in the area or check Hotwire.

My 2 sisters, my husband, and I needed an inexpensive hotel for one night near the airport since we had an early flight. We're easy to please to and we just wanted a cheap, clean place to sleep. I placed a bid on Priceline for $42 for 3 star hotels in the airport area and this was the winning result. It was for a Thursday night.

I'm glad we got it for such a low cost on Priceline. It wasn't necessarily bad but wasn't great either. The lobby is nice, but the rooms are outdated. Our room had 2 double beds, but we all agreed they seemed smaller than typical doubles and felt a little cramped. The lighting was very dim, one of the lamp shades was torn up, and there was a place on the wall where it looked like there had been a hole that was poorly repaired.

However, all of this was minor to us. Mainly what we were looking for was a clean place near the airport and this fit the bill. We also took advantage of the parking and shuttle option. They'll allow you to park your car there for $5 a day and take a free shuttle to and from the airport. This was nice and cheaper than paying for parking at the airport. The shuttle comes and leaves every half hour and the drivers were friendly.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. We are currently working on updating the hotel with additional renovations. We really hope that you will book our hotel in the future and experience the changes we have made to give you more of a value feel.