Clarion Hotel
  • Breakfast included
$182
$161
  • Pool
Candlewood Suites Indianapolis(Indianapolis)(Great Value!)
$90
$139
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 14, 2008

Our room was definitely not 3-star worthy. Granted, I got the room for $60 w/ tax at Priceline, but I've had better economy rooms. The TV cable was broken, so all the channels were staticky. We could not get a wireless signal for the free internet. We called to the front desk to have both of these fixed, and while one guy came up to look at the TV but didn't fix it - he claimed a storm had damaged the cable company when minutes before I found that the TV's cable was physically broken on the back of the TV - the internet "engineer" never showed. The beds squeaked, and we were incredibly uncomfortable with that sleep number thing, probably because a double bed is supposed to be for one person, and we had two. Every time one person moved, the other person would go flying like were were in a bounce house or on a trampoline.

And the bathroom was a joke. It was tiny, the sink was propped up with a plastic rod, and the toilet wasn't even installed straight, which could have been because the bathroom was so small that they put it at an angle for easier access, but it just looked (and felt) weird.

It almost seemed like they put us in a "special" room at the back of the hotel for people who were looking for deals on Priceline, which I guess is their prerogative, but that doesn't mean next time I won't go to the Ramada across the street for less and probably more comfortable beds.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 11, 2008

I should start by saying that I only paid $60/night and checked into the hotel at midnight and back out 4 hours later to get to a flight, so it was a brief and inexpensive stay.
However, the room was just kind of icky - water damage in the ceiling had caused plaster to hang down, the plumbing around the toilet was old and cruddy-looking, the carpet seemed worn, that kind of thing.
Basically, it was the kind of place where my kids and I didn't want to touch anything more than we had to. It couldn't be any closer to the airport, so that is a huge bonus for a tight schedule.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2008

Literally across the street from the terminal, so great for early morning flights. Stayed in east wing - elevator to room is VERY far from the lobby, so wasn't pleased when I came back after a day out and my room key didn't work. Decor not the latest or greatest but comfortable. The staff was very nice, but they got a room service order wrong, and my salad at the hotel restaurant had less than fresh ingredients. Good value for the price.

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed February 11, 2008

If I'd have paid the rack rate for this hotel, I would have been very upset. It was dingy and rundown. The airport noise is horrible. They have the select comfort beds which I found really uncomfortable. It felt like there was a hard railing around the outside of the bed which hurt every time I rolled near it or got in/out of bed. The parking is free (at least during your stay). It's also a very large hotel with ballroom space. My room was on the other side of the ballrooms, so I felt very isolated in the hallway. It actually was the first time I felt unsafe in a hotel. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for single women.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed January 7, 2008

Staff is friendly, rooms are a bit dated and in need of minor repairs. There were not controllers for comfort sleep mattresses.
Shower is great, bathroom was clean.
Be sure to leave the TV on if the sound of planes bothers you!
The cost of the room covered what we would have paid in parking alonem at airport. The shuttle was VERY prompt, drivers friendly and helpful!
We would stay again for convenience, not luxury!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)