“Good & Bad”

Ranked #136 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
Eden
“Good & Bad”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

First the good. This hotel is close to the airport. The staff were really friendly, which really made for a nice atmosphere. Unfortunately what I will never forget is the fact that my room stank! To the point of making me feel ill. Because they were booked out I couldn't be moved. I finally fell asleep by opening both windows to the -11 night air, which was a bit like camping in a comfy bed! The other thing was I happened to be there when there was a Youth Group in, the noise was unbearable. Lucky for me I was in the suite wing so the room was quite, but there was a queue of grumbling guests at reception who were less than impressed. Think there are some plans for upgrade so check this out before you completely disregard this hotel.

Room Tip: The one room suites are in a separate wing and very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
JacobVanWinkle, General Manager at Lexington Hotel- Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Kari E,

Thank you so much for your compliments of our hotel staff. Although, I am terribly sorry for your experience at the property. I am apart of a new ownership/managment at the property. We have inherited some struggles but we are working deligently to insure that what happened on your stay does not happen again. I would personally like to welcome you back to the property if you would contact me directly.

317.244.3361 ext. 402

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stayed in this hotel 1/30/2013, and had an excellent stay. I was greeted right when I walked in the door by guest services. Check in was quick and easy. My King room was on the fifth floor in the tower area and was spotless. The bed was comfortable and the TV was new and had ample channel options. I was pleasantly surprised with the complimentary Managers Reception which consisted of complimentary drinks and finger foods from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. during the week. There was no noise issue from planes overhead that caused any problems at all. Yes the walls are somewhat thin, however I was fortunate to have quiet neighbors. The hotel is a little older, but recent renovations have made the look more modern. The only negative of my stay was one of the elevators is not working, but really was not that big a deal. I was surprised by some of the negative reviews after having a fine stay at the Radisson. The Bar staff was very friendly as well. I think that as long as you get a room in the tower area, you will be fine. I booked on Priceline for a fair price and will certainly return. I met the new GM by chance and he seems to have the property going in the right direction. I noticed the cleaning staff constantly wiping down the furniture and tables in the common areas which makes me think that cleanliness is a focus under the new management team. I was not expecting a 5 start resort, but feel the 3 star's correctly describes my experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the Tower area. I believe that these rooms are most recently remodeled.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
JacobVanWinkle, General Manager at Lexington Hotel- Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Mike W,

Thank you so much for your review and feedback. It was a pleasure meeting you as well. Since our management company has taken over we have implemented several programs to enhance the guest experience at our facility. We strive to provide the best service and standards of cleanliness available in the Indianapolis area. I hope that you come back and see us soon!

317.244.1231 ext. 420
Indiana
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel picked by Priceline.com was dirty, there was no hot water and as you can see from the pictures not maintaned. The phone read room 112 but we were in 100 and it was dead ripped from the wall. There was only 1 set of towels and they charged us $25 in case we wanted to take them? Money refunded for towel charge. The staff was uncaring and the untrained desk clerk refused to give us a receipt (1st time that ever happened). Radissons are generally nice-this one does not even get a 1 star! The manager here should be fired!

Room Tip: Skip this hotel & go to another!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Luckydee24,

I am terribly sorry for the experiences that occured during your previous stay with us at the Radisson Indianapolis Airport. The hotel is under new ownership and management. As the new General Manager for the property, I am working deligently to improve the operation and overall experience at our hotel. At the hotel, I encourage the entire staff to treat complaints as gifts because if we are aware of a problem we can fix it so that it doesn't occur in the future. Thank you so much for your feedback and I would like to speak with you directly which would allow me to recieve more detailed information.

317.244.1231 ext. 420
Johnsburg, Illinois
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Although I was able to secure this room inexpensively with my rewards visa card, I was quite disappointed. We were greeted nicely and the front reception looked nice. Once we arrived in our room we were surprised that their was only one bed and I checked my reservation confirming (2) dble's. I went back to lobby to correct the situation. They stated the confirmation is only that they have a place for you to stay, I laughed. She stated they were over booked this weekend but would look into it. After waiting a 1/2 hour and almost being late to a meeting we were given a room with (2) dble beds but only (2) towels. When we arrived back o hotel I requested extra towels and blankets and they stated they didnt have any. The hotel was booked with a church group of a bunch of kids, as well as cheer and soccer group. The church group ate their meals in the hallway, passed out their tshirts, had group meetings, yelling and screaming, going in and out of room non stop- all right outside our room. I even almost tripped on one of them trying to get in my room. Only one elevator was working and took 10 minutes to go up and down. A contractor was working in front lobby for atleast two hours and wouldn't step aside while you tried to get thru doors with luggage. Go to dennys for breakfast as hotel restaurant food was horrible. I was so thankful our next nite was at a different hotel-JW Marriott!

Room Tip: ask for a room farthest from elevator
1 Thank Dawn V
Stephen W, General Manager at Lexington Hotel- Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Dawn V,

Thank you so much for your feedback from your recent stay with us! At the Radisson Indianapolis Airport we treat complaints as gifts because they encourage us to correct problems before they happen again. I appreciate your compliments of our lobby and reception area. I am deeply sorry for the service you experienced. The hotel is under new management and we are working diligently to correct the problems that you experienced. Please contact me directly if you would like to visit our hotel and give us a second chance for your loyalty.
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I had intended to stay two nights but, checked out after the first horrible night and moved across the street to The Crown Plaza. The Radisson hotel is in need of serious repair. The sleep number bed was a hammock, broken and uncomfortable. The icing on the burnt cake was the hotels inability to handle a disruptive crowd of teenage cheerleaders and their handlers. It started at midnight and continued until 3 am. After 2 calls to the front desk and one visit I was told " I don't know what to tell you"... kids were running down the halls screamming and slamming doors. two women manned the desk that night. Finally the local police were called.
The Crown Plaza had similar groups of teenage cheer leaders and a fraternity that weekend. Their on site security didn't seem to have any problems. We enjoyed the Crown Plaza and intend to do our frequent business with them. I have tried to contact the mgr. of the Radisson but, for some reason haven't been successful. Don't waste your money or time with this Radisson, terrible was an understated rating.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear katykelley,

I am terribly sorry for your experience at the property. I just recently took over as General Manager for the hotel in the last couple of weeks. I am working deligently with the hotel staff to make the Radisson Indianapolis Airport a great hotel that guests love. As you can see from the last couple of reviews we are making headway in these efforts and would like to welcome you back to the hotel if you would be so kind to contact me directly.

Dear Kari E,

317.244.3361 ext. 402
Rochester, New York
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was just driving through. I picked this hotel based on price and comfort level. I forgot about plane noise starting at 5 am! The room was nice, but not 3 star nice. The bed was REALLY comfy, but I was up at 5 am because of the planes. The staff was really friendly. One driver Tracey was very helpful with directions. If you need to grab a flight, book this hotel. Great bargain. If you don't, get sleep elsewhere.

Room Tip: All rooms should be the same. You will hear the planes no matter what!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Will M
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Sleep number beds not working. Fixed one but other not fixed. Gave us a new room. Non-smoking??? Smells like smoke. Wallpaper peeling in bathroom, fan in bathroom not working, dirt on comforter, splashes of something on wall. Would not recommend this until some changes are made.

• Stayed January 2013