“unbelievable for the price” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lexington Hotel- Indianapolis Airport

Lexington Hotel- Indianapolis Airport
Ranked #132 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Kokomo
“unbelievable for the price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

When we booked this room to avoid driving to the airport for an early morning flight, we were looking for inexpensive. I was surprised with the quality and the value of this experience. Updated property with qualified and efficient staff. Transportation to airport available, and much more efficient and affordable than the airport. Will certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: You can leave your car here and they will transport you to the airport. Much more convenient and af...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

I can't give many details on my stay at this hotel, but I don't have any major complaints. We checked in at 8pm. Front desk staff were efficient and prompt. Our room was spacious and clean. No complaints there. The twin beds were comfortable. We couldn't get the Sleep Number Bed remotes to work on either bed, but we were so exhausted we didn't care. We didn't even turn on the television. We checked out at 4am to catch a 6am flight out of Indianapolis before the impending ice storm. Check out was quick and the free shuttle to the airport was very convenient. Like I said earlier - I didn't use the room service, business center, wifi, gym, spa or any other amenities, so I can't factor those things into my review. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean.
Just an average hotel by the airport. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

The property is definitely low class but it has added benefits! The "ice cream" that I ordered may have been a fudgicle in the first 10 years of its life but today it was an elastic scary disaster. The pecan pie was not much better.

I'm writing now because about 1 hour ago my new redneck neighbors arrived next door. First they tried to open the common door. Then they started swearing and burping. Now they are hanging out drinking and swearing and listening to country music and screaming every once in a while when the spirit moves them.

I can hear every word of this.

I wouldn't stay here unless I had no money and didn't need to sleep.

Room Tip: Ask that your room be between two single people.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Poppymn
Stephen W, General Manager at Lexington Hotel- Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

I wanted to write and apologize for your stay with us in Indianapolis. I apologize for the noise from the connecting room. Anytime you stay at our hotel, if that problem arises, please call down and we will ask them to quiet down. I will also speak with our Chef about the ice cream and Pecan pie. Please accept my apologies for this.
Edmond
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

But it went downhill from there. I had been driving all day and decided to stop here as it was convenient, what a mistake. The person at the front was friendly enough so no complaints there, but then I got to my room. The towel rack was half pulled out of the wall. The closet has 2 bi-fold doors with one side broken so I couldn't reach the iron and ironing board. The bedside lamp shade was seriously tilted so I went to straighten it. I discovered it was tilted because the bulb socket had broken free of it's base and had live electrical wires exposed, I unplugged the lamp and obviously just didn't use it. The Select Comfort bed is a nice touch - but not when you discover it self deflates itself within 20-minutes and you end up laying on a hard flat surface. If it wasn't 1AM I would have asked to change rooms but I was too tired. As if the morning front desk person knew the hotel isn't great he didn't even ask how my stay was, he just said "bye."

Room Tip: Just say no.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jguski1
Dear Guest,

I want to contact you and apologize for the problems you experienced at my hotel. It is never our intention for a guest to have issues with their sleep number beds or have a room that has maintenance issues. I will speak with my staff and show them your comments. I do apologize and assure you we will fix these things.
Bloomington, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised after reading some of the negative reviews of this Radisson Hotel, although the reviews are correct in some respects. First, the positives -- the staff were extremely friendly and accommodating; the hotel overall, while not fancy, was clean and in good order, as was my room. I parked for free and found a place close to the entrance, and the hotel is an easy 10-minute ride from the airport. The hotel has a small restaurant/bar, Austin's, which served a tasty and reasonably varied menu. Negatives -- the control for the Sleep Number bed didn't work. Fortunately, the mattress wasn't seriously uncomfortable, although it wasn't up to the standards of hotels that I typically stay in (including other Radissons). And as others have pointed out, there was only one working elevator. (This didn't cause a problem for me, though). Finally, the hotel seemed unusually noisy -- when the people next door to me dropped their luggage, it was really loud, as were closing doors in the hallway (the airplane noise of course can't be helped). Would I stay here again? Yes -- overall, I had a good experience, and it worked out extremely well for my 6:00 a.m. flight.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

This was our second stay at this hotel pre flight. We live in Cincinnati area, but will fly from different airports depending on price.
While some areas of the hotel my be a little dated, the hotel is clean, the staff is excellent, food is great. Parking and free shuttle to and from airport big plus.
Never had any problems that some other reviewers have run into.
Overall, this is a great hotel for the price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple