“Not my choice”

Ranked #135 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Olive
“Not my choice”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My extensive group was assigned this hotel during our stay in Indianapolis. Several rooms did not have hot water in their showers, but had hot water in the sink. Several in my group were told that we could not get more towels ...they were out. Only 2 sets of towels were in each room except for washcloths which was only one per room. Most of the rooms in my group contained 4 people. The hotel was aware of this prior to our check in date and had not provided without having to be asked, and when asked, did not want to provide quickly or kindly...depending on who was working the front desk. Sheila was very helpful to my group. In my room, the very nice looking marble counter top in the bathroom had a large crack in it --a portion of the counter by the sink could easily be moved. I did not try to remove it. Above the bathroom mirror the ceiling was flaking and cracked. The fan in the bathroom did not work. Only one sleep number bed control worked and the other bed's control did not have numbers- just light dashes. The alarm clock provided by the hotel sitting on the table between the beds did not work. In searching for an outlet by the beds to plug up our phones we discovered the outlet behind that table as a hole in the wall with a sock or small towel stuck in it. We did not remove to find out which it was. Upon returning to our room, the beds had been made, but the garbage in a bag was left on the TV table--all garbage cans had new bags in them. On a bright note, the air conditioner kept the room nicely cool. We did not go to or use pool or spa. I do not know how to clear the ranking on those 2.

Room Tip: Good luck.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
sedwardw, General Manager at Lexington Hotel- Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear guest,

I am sorry that you had so many issues with your stay with us. I will speak to my staff about all of these issues. We are working hard to make sure things like this do not happen.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Lets begin with how nasty the property is. I have stayed in hotels ranging from five star to two star so this perspective comes from a divers experience in hotel stay. The price was right and the reviews provided this hotel would be a three star. By no means was this a three star, more like a two star on the days they weren't out of wash cloths. Yes, I said no wash cloths, I called for wash cloths on two different days and when there was no one to show up after 20 min. my boyfriend called and their reply was that they were out of wash cloths! So back to how nasty the property was, as we approached our room I noticed a big dent in the wall that they hadn't painted over. As I enter the room I do my usual inspection of the bed and overall room and I notice a dead roach in the corner of the room, well I guess on the upside it was dead! This is one of those hotel rooms where you are going to want to keep your shoes on while you walk around the room for instance there was a chip that was on the floor near the side of the bed that had never been vacuumed the whole time we were there. On a separate occasion one evening in the elevator heading back to our room a random guest staying at the hotel overheard our conversation about grabbing dinner and immediately interjected with a "whatever you do, do not eat here, the food was gross and our room has been the same way." The only thing my boyfriend and I could do was shake our head. If you choose to stay here be my guest but what you can expect is a run down hotel, no wash cloths, dirty carpet, possibly a roach or two dead (if your lucky!) and nasty food. Thankfully my boyfriend and I were only in the hotel to rest our eyes but otherwise it was a dump!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
sedwardw, General Manager at Lexington Hotel- Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

I wanted to apologize to you for your stay at our hotel. I have to say that I am also very shocked that we came across to you a guest in that way. We are an older hotel, that has been doing some renovations and many more planned. I am not sure if you said anything to any staff member as we would have moved you to a different room. I will speak with our housekeeping department about the wash cloths, I can assure you we have plenty, so I will speak to them about that. Our restaurant gets very good reviews, many people come here so that they can eat in our restaurant. Our Chef has been her for almost 9 years, so I am sorry you did not get to try that and find out for yourself. I am terribly sorry for your stay.
Phelps
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel was more like a rundown super 8.
The beds are select comfort which is fine if you know your number. We both have stiff backs today.
bed frames a dangerous 3-8' protruding metal bars on one side. Wife ran into them twice.
My wife`s bath leaked into the lobby. No problem for them.
Restaurant food OK. Drinks $8.50 for a short shot of booze.

Room Tip: I would try somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
sedwardw, General Manager at Lexington Hotel- Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

I wanted to contact you and apologize for your stay with us in Indianapolis. There are guests who like yourself, do not like the sleep number beds. Radisson has now started to pull away from those in our hotels. I apologize that your sleep was not a good one. I will speak with our engineering staff about the bed frame and have them check for a leak in the lobby. I do apologize.
Rising Sun, Indiana
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This Radisson is close to the airport, has an excellent shuttle which will make out of schedule runs if you are in at an odd time and has an accommodating staff. I especially appreciate the ability to leave my car in their lot, for a small fee, while I am away. I often drive in, from rural Indiana, stay the night with Radisson and catch an early AM flight out. It works perfectly. The only downside is that, as with many airport hotels, you can hear flights landing and taking off but that doesn't really dissuade most road warriors.

Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I chose to stay here due to a very early morning departure from the airport. The room was acceptable; the room was clean, bed as comfortable as expected for the price. The hotel bar was pretty nice, although pretty expensive for what I ordered. There is a lot of airport noise, but what do you expect from an airport hotel?

The shuttle to the airport very early was great. Met in the lobby, and the guy was really nice, gave me a half sheet of paper with instructions to arrange for my return to my car the next day.

When I landed the next day, I followed the instruction on the sheet of paper. Basically, get your bags, call a number, meet at the hotel shuttle waiting area. The lady sounded clueless at first, and asked for my name to confirm that I stayed at the hotel - understandable. I went to the shuttle waiting area, and waited for 40 minutes as the Crown Plaza shuttle showed up 3 times - once even offering to drive me back if I was willing to walk across the street to the Radisson. I called, and she said that she just sent the driver. I waited another 20 minutes, then finally got a $30 cab.

If you're staying here for the airport shuttle, spend the extra money on the better hotel and service at the Crown Plaza.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear David,

I wanted to contact you and apologize for the situation you experienced with our shuttle service. We run our vans 24 / 7, and I am not sure why you had to wait so long. I will speak with our staff about this, and offer more training as to how and handle a waiting guest. Again I am sorry for this.
Fairfax Station, VA
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Summary:
Rooms relatively updated.
Best rate out of 6 Trip Advisor recommended hotels. Offered distressed passenger rate due to hurricane - very much appreciated.
Bed comfortable (device to adjust bed comfort level did not work in my room)
Hallway carpets need cleaning (smell slightly like a college dorm)
One elevator was not operational
Did not elect to eat from dining room. Appears to only be open in evening.
List of restaurants and map locations available from front desk.
Front desk staff knowledgeable about the area.
Directions to airport pre-typed
Shuttle service appeared to be very accessible and timely although I elected to keep a rental car due to early flight departure at 6 am.
No automatic hot breakfast - not great if traveling with kids or don't have a rental car.
Front desk offered to print boarding pass b/c Business center printer is sporadic. Didn't like having to give her my airline flight passcode to print the boarding pass.
Relatively easy access to airport.
Dislike mirrored elevator - vertigo-like experience!
Couldn't get temperature in room comfortable - too hot or too cold. Somewhat noisy but very functional.

Room Tip: No hot breakfast for those who like this sort of benefit. Compared to 6 other hotels had the best r...
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I come to Indy quite often, and decided to stay here for a change when I visited at the end of September. My first stay here was excellent. I was in a standard room on the 5th floor that I booked through hotels.com. I was very impressed and the customer service was amazing. It was so good I stayed an extra night. I joined Club Carlson because of how often I travel. Two weeks later I came back....I paid for a King suite and paid full price through the Carlson website. Considering my previous stay, I thought I would have alot more booking the King Suite. The first room they gave me was NOT clean. Lights out, broken bed, and a tissue in the AC. I called the front desk and was very pleased with the response, "I will make this right". I was moved to a second room and the front dest lady even made sure everything worked and when one of the lamps were out she left and promptly returned with a new light bulb and replaced it for me, even moving the couch to change it. But the room was very outdated. Tube TVs and less than par shower/tub. I was so close to leaving the room and staying elsewhere the first night as the fighting couple in the room next door was all I could hear trying to fall asleep. This was after I went for some ice, and it took me 10 minutes. There was no ice machine on the 2nd floor, so i went to the 3rd floor where I was pleasantly suprised by the wood floor after getting off the elevator. You can tell they ARE renovating, and I noticed that a falling panel in the elevator had been fixed within my stay so the hotel IS being maintained. I finally got ice from the bar, on the complete opposite of the hotel. The front desk lady was NOT very understanding or interested in my problem as another guest was the one who directed me to the bar for ice. I did not eat out one time the entire trip and as a little treat decided to order room service the very last morning of my stay. The portion was not good and it was cold. I was not pleased at all.

1 Thank Christopher R
sedwardw, General Manager at Lexington Hotel- Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

I apologize that your 2nd stay with us was not a good one. I am pleased to see that you do notice we are renovating areas of the hotel. Nonetheless, your stay was not a good one and I apologize for that. I will speak with our staff and share your comments both good and bad, so we can all learn. You make sure and call me for your next stay and I will make sure everything is just how you expect it.

Stephen E Wright