“A mistake I won't make again”
Review of Clarion Hotel

Clarion Hotel
Ranked #144 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed May 8, 2011

Whatever you do don't stay at the Indianapolis Airport Radisson. This facility needs to be torn down and rebuilt. Condition of facility both inside and outstide is marginal. Carpet in the hallway was patched with duct tape. Sink in the bathroom was pulling away from the wall. Hallway and room just smelled old and musty. The experienced reminded me of a facility that had been ridden hard and put away wet. I will avoid Radisson hotels for fear that a second stay would be a repeat of a marginal experience at best. The value for the money was not there.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 28, 2011

I stayed in April 2011 and the lobby and room were newly renovated. everything was clean and fresh. If you are coming or going to the airport, this would be a good bet (it is located on the far side of the airport by the old terminal). However the location is not great if you are looking for a extended visit to town with access to other attractions, dining, etc.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 20, 2011

This hotel was much better than I expected. After reading the previous reviews, I was very, very hesitant to stay at this hotel, however boy am I glad I did. I was prepared for the worst, however I received one of the best stays I have ever had in a hotel. The check in staff was professional and courteous and very efficient. The restaurant was very nice, and the food was good. Much better than my expectations. The room was newly renovated and well decorated, it really was quite a classy place. For the value, you really can't beat this place. Would recommend to all, business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without a view of the roof.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2011

Bad bad service, Customers are the last important thing for these people, shuttle from the airport has to be called first, shuttle in the morning to the airport has to be booked! For the time we need was full since..they suggest us to get up half hour before! No restaurant at 10 pm, no breakfast al 5:30am, bar doesn't have any snack with The drinks....or the guy didn't bring us any! Really bad, specially compares with the Hilton at Wichita where we stayed yesterday

• Stayed: April 2011
sedwardw, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2011

Dear Guest,

I am sorry that your stay with us was not what you anticipated. Our shuttles have to be scheduled, so that we can run on a continuous basis back and forth to the hotel. We schedule guests to help us know exactly how many will be going and coming, we would never want to have anyone miss their flight or the shuttle back to the hotel. Our restaurant does close at 10PM, and I will look into getting some sort of snack in our bar. Again, I am sorry for this and if I can be of any further assistance, please lt me know.

Stephen E Wright
317-243-1414

Reviewed April 11, 2011

I was looking forward to this stay especially since I got a great deal through name your price on priceline. Well, 1st looks are really good. Entryway and staff and 5 star. At first glance the rest of the hotel looks great. BUT when you start looking closer you see that the hotel is in desperate need of repair. Here's a list: room outlets push into the wall and "spit" out your cords after a while [sleep number beds didn't work because of this], no working bathroom fan, broken glass on stairwell floor because of broken exit sign, above closet door there's an exposed 6 foot strip of 2x4, at floor level there were 2 broken wall pieces that opened up the wall, sink handles were stripped and could be turned both ways, bath faucet collar could just spin around, shower water pressure was basically a trickle, etc. Also when we physically turned the switch on lights, they felt gritty. My wife slept in her pajama bottoms due to the "uncleanly" feel.... there goes my fun night......Walls were very thin, plus you can hear every single plane that lands and takes off. The view is nice if you like watching planes as the airport is literally 500 feet from your window. Sure the hotel may say they are remodeling/renovating but I definitely don't see any signs of it. Just disrepair. I hope Radisson isn't going down the toilet, but by the looks of this hotel....it probably will.

Room Tip: Name Your Own Price thru priceline
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2011

My family and I recently stayed overnight in your hotel along with some friends of ours... Around 1am we heard the AC unit make a loud buzzing noise & then a very foul smell that reminded us of an oven being cleaned. My husband got out of bed and walked over to the unit & it started big time sparking (like fireworks)!!!  Our room had smoke in it & he told me and our young daughters to get out of the room, about that time it stopped for a short second as the girls & I were getting up to leave then it started sparking 10x's more & it caught on fire!!!  My husband was able to put it out, by beating it with a towel.
We called the front desk & they brought us a room key for another room that was down the hall.

Needless to say, we were all very  shook up over this & I had to calm my girls down to get them to sleep. I however was not able to sleep!  My biggest complaint with this situation is that our smoke detector never went off!!!  We had plenty of smoke in our room, there is no reason it didn't go off!!
I was also a little upset with the lack of concern of the staff, they of course did say they were sorry but acted very nonchalant about it. As we checkout the next morning the gentleman who check us out ask how our stay was... I replied it was good, except for the FIRE!!  He too was nonchalant in my opinion with his reply that he had heard about that, but they switched us rooms right away & took care of it. He also stated that the unit was now fixed, which I don't believe to be true, b/c as we were on our way to check out, I stopped by the room (the door was propped open) & I seen tools & pieces of the unit on the floor!?!

All in all, I was very upset about the smoke detector the most, b/c had we been asleep I hate to think of what might have happened!!!

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Ajkke
Reviewed March 17, 2011

I was at this hotel for two nights. I don't think I can get sued for being honest about my experience. If I can't tell the truth, how can I help people?

I went to my room around 10:30 and pulled back the covers and I saw a bug in the bed. I called the front desk and asked what a bed bug looked like. The woman who answered responded with, "oh sh**". They sent a man up to my room who scooped up the bug with a credit card and called the front desk. I heard him say, "sure looks like it is one". The bug was kind of red and flat. Slightly smaller than a lady bug. The guy said he would have there exterminator look at it. I was placed in another room. I asked the next day what the bug was and the girl at the front desk said it was nothing, and not a bed bug. Whatever I guess.

The next night I went to bed around midnight and the wind was out of the NE and the FedEx jets started to depart around 3:30 in the morning and didn't quit until about 5:30. They were taking off right over the hotel. I finally just gave up around 4:30 and got up. Less than 4 hours of sleep and a meeting to go to all day and then drive 7 hours home alone. Great. They have been remodeling a lot. Oh yeah....everyone that checked in the night before had to go back to the front desk because they couldn't get the key to work in their door. Wow.

I heard another person say the fitness equipment was basically worn out. He suggested they have some towels and wipes in the work out area. He came back the next day and nothing had changed.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business