“Great playground”
Review of Holliday Park

Holliday Park
Ranked #25 of 176 things to do in Indianapolis
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We used to drive down from the north suburbs just to play at this park. Gorgeous grounds for wandering around, especially the ruins. Nice trails by the river as well. Be forewarned - thieves like this place because of all the moms who leave purses in cars. I had mine broken into a few years back. Lock belongings in your trunk or carry them with you...and have fun!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I just moved to northern Indianapolis, and am discovering there are not a lot of parks right around me like I am used to. I saw on a map that Holliday park was the closest one, so went to check it out. It is close to Broad Ripple, and was hard to find the entrance at first. Once I found it I was pleasantly surprised to see ruins as I was pulling up. They are beautiful, and I was able to get a lot of awesome pictures here. There is also a nice playground, and a cool wooden overlook where you can go out over the trail below. There is a pretty garden with a paved trail that leads into a wooded trail. Also a large nature center. This park has everything I was looking for.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

lots of trails and a great little river to dip your feet into. A nice ravine makes for interesting scenery and a flower garden at the front. There is even some kind of "old" (I think) ruins there and some old concrete statues that "look" old that were weird but interesting.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Our family really enjoys coming to Holliday Park. In fact, one of our older grandchildren from out of state calls it THE PARK in Indianapolis based on her experiences visiting over the years. The playground is terrific for all ages. The Nature Center is an interesting spot with some fun activities and a chance to rest from the outside summer heat in a/c and use the restrooms. The gardens are beautiful. The trails are really nice - winding down through the woods and along the river - you would never know you are still in the city. We've brought the kids to play on the playground, eat a picnic lunch then walk through the woods, spread blankets under the trees to rest a bit before playing and hiking some more. During the summer the Friends of Holliday Park host free concerts under the trees outside the Nature Park.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Holliday Park is an older park on the north side of Indianapolis. My family often went there for picnics during the '50s and '60s when my sisters and I were young. It was once the home of John Holiday and after his death the property was willed to the state. Points of interest: Mr Holliday's home was turned into a restaurant after his death however it burned to the ground in the late '50s and was never rebuilt, there is a huge acorn tree which grows at a very strange angle close to the park's entrance. We always looked for it when we went.