“good food but slow service”
Review of Nicolino's Italian

Nicolino's Italian
Ranked #391 of 2,411 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Italian
Dining style: Casual Dining
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed May 10, 2013

The place has bar area along with regular seating. The ambiance is a bit dated but goes along with the rest of the surrounding hotel property which also seems quite dated. The quality of food was OK but did not like the way the service messed up our order repeatedly whether it was room service or in person.

Anthony A, Executive Chef/Dir of Food Operations at Nicolino's Italian, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

First, I want to thank you for your recent visit to Nicolino’s Restaurant & Lounge and the Wyndham Indianapolis West Hotel. I also want to thank you for your time in completing a Trip Advisor Review. As the Executive Chef for the Wyndham Indianapolis West and Nicolino's Restaurant & Lounge, I value all comments that our guest share with us. All though you enjoyed your meals, it appears we did miss the mark when it came to our delivery of service. Quality of food and service is paramount and I use comments, such as yours, to improve our level of service in the restaurant and room service as well as in our menu offerings. Thanks again for visiting and I look forward to your return.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We landed at the Indy airport and an Internet search for close restaurants brought up Nicolino's. it was only a five minute drive away and in the direction we needed to go. I made reservations online and we went to the restaurant. We did not need the reservations ....even at 6 PM on a Saturday. Dinner was fine - we both had pasta with meatballs for him and ravioli for me. We had a strange choice of sides - asparagus, rice, potatoes, risotto did not seem to make sense with pasta. Also no bread was served with the meal. There was also a buffet available, but after it was described as containing pork with a brown sauce we did not even look at it.

Anthony A, Executive Chef at Nicolino's Italian, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for taking time to share your review with us. I also want to thank you for dining at Nicolino's Restaurant and Lounge. I truly appreciate all customer feedback as it is a way to help improve our service and offerings. I will definitely inquire as to why you didn't receive any bread with your meal as that is not our normal practice. Furthermore; please check back with use soon, via our website, nicolinositalian.com for our new spring menu; we used comments, such as yours, to increase and enhance our menu offerings.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Ate here while attending a conference at the wyndham. I paid $14 for a pulled pork sandwich which was o.k. nothing to write home about. Service was just ok also, we had to wait awhile for our food, but they were really busy when I visited.

Anthony A, Executive Chef at Nicolino's Italian, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

First, I want to thank you for your recent visit to Nicolino’s Italian Restaurant and the Wyndham Indianapolis West Hotel. I also want to thank you for your time in completing a Trip Advisor Review. As the Executive Chef for the Wyndham Indianapolis West and Nicolino's Italian Restaurant, I value all comments that our guest share with us. Quality of food and service are paramount and I will use your comments to further develop and improve our staff and menu offerings. I hope you visit with us again very soon.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

The food was gourmet and very tasty, however a little pricey. The server wasn't too friendly so I took my dinner back to my room

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Everything was top notch!! Wine was outstanding! Food was over-the-top good and even the desserts made you say wow!