“Excellent...but...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Late Harvest

Late Harvest
Reserve with OpenTable
Late Harvest is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #112 of 2,339 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Late Harvest Kitchen combines the best elements of fine dining with the accessibility of a neighborhood restaurant. The menu features professionally crafted seasonal American cuisine. An emphasis is placed on genuine hospitality and professional service that anticipates our guest’s needs. The restaurant’s design includes re-claimed wood and brick throughout to evoke a feeling of warmth and comfort. The dining room looks outward towards our spacious courtyard which features the most romantic outdoor dining space in Indianapolis. It is located in the Keystone at the Crossing area in The Shops at River Crossing. The overall context of Late Harvest Kitchen is that of quality and substance.
Granger, Indiana, Usa
“Excellent...but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

The food at Late Harvest was absolutely excellent...fresh, innovative, and delicious. As many reviewers before me, I found the Sticky Toffee Pudding one of the best restaurant desserts I have ever had -- and I have had this dessert in England! For the food alone, I would have given this restaurant five stars, but my rating is instead four stars because of our waiter. He was obnoxious. I had in my party four very pretty teenaged girls, and after he asked if we had been to Late Harvest before, and we told him "no," he leered, "Oh my, WELL, I promise I'll be GENTLE...." with a smirk on his face. You could have heard a pin drop. Are you kidding me????? In retrospect, I should have asked to speak to the manager, but I was dumbstruck. His demeanor continued to be "too friendly" throughout meal, despite the cold shoulder from me, the only adult at the table. He also was not as attentive as he should have been, possibly because of my displeasure, which I showed plainly. The VERY attentive gentleman who refilled water glasses, cleared empty plates, etc., was MUCH more professional, and made sure we had everything we needed...unlike our waiter. Again, because of the excellent food, I would return to Late Harvest, but if I EVER see that waiter again, I will notify management immediately.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jdmomto3

Zionsville, Indiana
“A welcome addition to Indy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

My husband and I have been here several times. We were last there this past Friday with some friends and had a nice time. We like that this is not a chain restaurant and that their food is seasonal. There is always a vegetarian option and I most recently had the Tagine. My husband likes gamey meats and was pleased with his rabbit. The menu is not very deep, but there are still enough choice. The desserts are good. My favourite is the sticky toffee pudding. Service can be iffy. Sometimes it is great other times eh. We arrived at about 6pm for a 7pm reservation and wanted to sit outside by their firepit with cocktails. The are was not set up and they seemed utterly surprised that anyone would want to sit there on a gorgeous summer evening. Once it was all ready to go it was great and the service was fine as were the cocktails! But there are a little lapses that make it a four not five.

• Visited July 2014
Midwest
“Good Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

I like with they are trying to do at Late Harvest. So many things are right about the place. It is so nice to have another inventive restaurant in Indianapolis that is not a chain or a franchise. For that alone, it is a good idea to support this restaurant. It is a good restaurant that focuses on seasonal ingredients.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank HappyTravelMidwest
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Good not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Our dessert was the best thing about our evening. Our food was OK but for this type of place it should be great. Our server was snobby. You could tell we were his "step child" table. I guess we weren't hip enough for his time. They really push the seafood and it could of been prepared better. The Sticky Toffee Pudding is a must!

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CK_Indy
Indianapolis, IN. USA
“Menu is rather limited, but has some nice choices.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

Everything was fine for our visit, perhaps other than the overly friendly waiter. He was just a bit too casual and flip for this kind of quality establishment. The three of us enjoyed our meals, especially the Atlantic salmon and the skate wing. Frankly I'd never tried skate before and found it to be very tasty, somewhat like sole with lemon and capers, but with a little more density. There are several options for side dishes and we ordered a bowl of roasted cauliflower with almonds which was excellent. On the unusual side, after a nice basket of breads and butter were brought, we did have to flag down our server to ask for some kind of small plates to put them on. He seemed surprise - guess we were expected to just hold the rolls in our hands. But on the whole, a nice dinner in rather elegant contemporary surroundings. But prior to making a reservation I would suggest a visit to the website to review the menu - there aren't a lot of choices for entrees.

• Visited May 2014