“A welcome addition to Indy”
Review of Late Harvest

Late Harvest
Reserve with OpenTable
Late Harvest is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #119 of 2,384 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Late Harvest Kitchen combines the best elements of fine dining with the accessibility of a neighborhood restaurant. The menu features professionally crafted seasonal American cuisine. An emphasis is placed on genuine hospitality and professional service that anticipates our guest’s needs. The restaurant’s design includes re-claimed wood and brick throughout to evoke a feeling of warmth and comfort. The dining room looks outward towards our spacious courtyard which features the most romantic outdoor dining space in Indianapolis. It is located in the Keystone at the Crossing area in The Shops at River Crossing. The overall context of Late Harvest Kitchen is that of quality and substance.
Reviewed July 29, 2014

My husband and I have been here several times. We were last there this past Friday with some friends and had a nice time. We like that this is not a chain restaurant and that their food is seasonal. There is always a vegetarian option and I most recently had the Tagine. My husband likes gamey meats and was pleased with his rabbit. The menu is not very deep, but there are still enough choice. The desserts are good. My favourite is the sticky toffee pudding. Service can be iffy. Sometimes it is great other times eh. We arrived at about 6pm for a 7pm reservation and wanted to sit outside by their firepit with cocktails. The are was not set up and they seemed utterly surprised that anyone would want to sit there on a gorgeous summer evening. Once it was all ready to go it was great and the service was fine as were the cocktails! But there are a little lapses that make it a four not five.

There are newer reviews for Late Harvest

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I like with they are trying to do at Late Harvest. So many things are right about the place. It is so nice to have another inventive restaurant in Indianapolis that is not a chain or a franchise. For that alone, it is a good idea to support this restaurant. It is a good restaurant that focuses on seasonal ingredients.

1  Thank HappyTravelMidwest
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Our dessert was the best thing about our evening. Our food was OK but for this type of place it should be great. Our server was snobby. You could tell we were his "step child" table. I guess we weren't hip enough for his time. They really push the seafood and it could of been prepared better. The Sticky Toffee Pudding is a must!

1  Thank CK_Indy
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Everything was fine for our visit, perhaps other than the overly friendly waiter. He was just a bit too casual and flip for this kind of quality establishment. The three of us enjoyed our meals, especially the Atlantic salmon and the skate wing. Frankly I'd never tried skate before and found it to be very tasty, somewhat like sole with lemon and capers, but with a little more density. There are several options for side dishes and we ordered a bowl of roasted cauliflower with almonds which was excellent. On the unusual side, after a nice basket of breads and butter were brought, we did have to flag down our server to ask for some kind of small plates to put them on. He seemed surprise - guess we were expected to just hold the rolls in our hands. But on the whole, a nice dinner in rather elegant contemporary surroundings. But prior to making a reservation I would suggest a visit to the website to review the menu - there aren't a lot of choices for entrees.

1  Thank Dan G
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Indy is finally getting some restaurants that can deliver the dining experience well traveled foodies can appreciate. Late Harvest Kitchen is one of those and they have an excellent menu that changes frequently, used local sourced products and lots of imagination in their recipes. Decor is modern, warm and comfortable. The server was very friendly, almost too much so. He explained the menu at length and helped us make our choices. Their bar has many good choices for spirits and a number of interesting cocktails. I had an "Old Fashioned" which I felt tasted more like a "Manhattan", but I don't dislike those, so that was fine. The wife had a fancy Margarita which she said was very good. The big hit of the night besides dessert (which I'll get to in a moment) was the Pork Belly appetizer. Pork belly is a big food fad right now and I'd heard it was great, but it didn't really appeal to me. I encouraged my wife to get it so I could taste it. Turned out to be really wonderful. Very much like very thick bacon, though not smoked. It had an excellent sauce and the texture was excellent. It was more than enough for two people. I had a paté appetizer which was good, but nothing remarkable. My main course was the whole grilled fish which was a yellow snapper that night. I thought the sauce was a little dull, and there wasn't much of it. The fish was a little over-cooked and dry in some places. Not bad, but just not as good as a restaurant trying for this level should do. My wife had the pasta dish which she said was excellent. The other high point was the sticky toffee pudding, which was recommended by the waiter. Again, this was not something I would normally look for in a dessert, as I usually prefer chocolate of some kind. It was excellent and I would order it again if I went back. While not quite matching the better places I have been in Chicago or New York City in food quality, I think they are on the right track. The meal cost us $187 for two, which included 2 drinks, 2 glasses of wine, 2 appetizers, 2 entrés, 1 dessert and tip.