“Great possibilities; But horribly noisy”
Review of Late Harvest

Late Harvest
Reserve with OpenTable
Late Harvest is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #108 of 2,384 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Late Harvest Kitchen combines the best elements of fine dining with the accessibility of a neighborhood restaurant. The menu features professionally crafted seasonal American cuisine. An emphasis is placed on genuine hospitality and professional service that anticipates our guest’s needs. The restaurant’s design includes re-claimed wood and brick throughout to evoke a feeling of warmth and comfort. The dining room looks outward towards our spacious courtyard which features the most romantic outdoor dining space in Indianapolis. It is located in the Keystone at the Crossing area in The Shops at River Crossing. The overall context of Late Harvest Kitchen is that of quality and substance.
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This is a visually very attractive restaurant offering very good to excellent food and very good service. We had wonderful appetizers, especially the braised pork belly dish. The desserts were also first class. Entrees (e.g., the duck breast and the lamb shank) were well prepared but very under-seasoned. Unfortunately, the restaurant is terribly noisy. We were hit with a wave of noise just entering the restaurant. I thought our group of six would have some chance for normal conversation when I saw that we were to be seated at a not-too-large round table. But even so, if was nearly impossible to hear or be heard by anyone one was not right next too. So certainly go to this restaurant if you just want to yell in attempts to be heard by your companions or if you want to spend all the time playing with you smart phone. But if you want some normal conversation with your meal, I think you should go elsewhere. In warmer weather i understand that you can eat outside and escape the noise.

There are newer reviews for Late Harvest

Reviewed October 14, 2012

This restaurant has been on our list for awhile and it did not disappoint. Its cozy but contemporary and bustling inside. In warmer weather they have a lovely patio for outdoor dining. Our waiter was fantastic and he was right, we could have just closed our eyes and pointed at the menu, everything was fantastic. My husband and I went here with our in-laws and we ordered...a lot. For starters: the bandade (a fish spread on brioche) was amazing, and it wasn't something I thought I would love. Also had the fried green tomatoes with lump crab on top. We had salads: traditional wedge, but with pomegranites and roasted pears, and a warm pumpkin salad with arugula and ricotta cheese. We each got a different main dish: crispy duck with asian bbq sauce, the whole fish (red snapper and de-boned tableside), the pork chop with bacon marmalade, and halibut with piccata sauce. Side dishes were large enough to share and were pretty good. The star of the show was the dessert that we all shared, the sticky toffee pudding...a goblet with a warm spice cake with this toffee glaze and homemade whipped cream. Overall so tasty and a lovely dining experience from beginning to end. We'll be back!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was our first time here. The server was great and wonderfully explained the restaurant's fresh concepts. The Chef does not skimp on the good stuff. The guys had the pork chops - which were delicious - and the girls had the moonfish (or munkfish...it is a fish that feeds on lobster and shrimp). The fish was tempura battered and soooo good. This place had fun cocktails. YOU SIMPLY MUST TRY THE STICKY TOFFEE PUDDING..you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I went to a business dinner here last week, so perhaps my experience would be a bit different if I were dining in a smaller group. The restaurant was pretty. Our group ordered appetizers for all to share, which were fantastic. I ordered the halibut for dinner and was surprised to see that the heirloom tomatoes on the dish consisted of what looked like one cherry tomato cut into several small pieces. The fish was cooked perfectly, but the size of the piece and the 6 beans and the above mentioned tomato seemed a very small serving for the $28 price. My husband got the whole fish. I had ordered a whole fish on a cruise once and there we were amazed watching the waiter skillfully filet my fish tableside. My husband expected the same here. Not so much. The waiter came over and started hacking away at the fish, leaving my husband with a pile of mushed fish and bones. Terrible. If I ever returned here I would only come for drinks and appetizers. Not worth the price of the entrees.

1  Thank teamom01
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Late Harvest Kitchen is a fantastic dining experience. The service is outstanding, the food and the wines are wonderful! Ryan Nelson, the chef/owner, has created a total dining experience that is a delight. The menu is well balanced. The food is perfectly prepared. You will go back again and again! Great job.