“Retro Paradise”

Nicky Blaine's Cocktail Lounge
Ranked #173 of 2,411 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Nicky Blaine's Cocktail Lounge features our well known selection of Modern Martinis, fully stocked with Scotch and Bourbon, a rotating wine list and an extensive array of cigars. Locally owned and operated, Nicky Blaine's opens daily at 4pm. The Late night menu has a variety of delicious appetizers and sandwiches, available until 2am. Beautiful setting for date night, parties, before or after dinner downtown. Indy's "Original Retro Bar" is the perfect place to hear yourself actually having a good time. An Icon of the city, this full service bar is "Top Shelf", with a cool vibe. Located on the Circle, Nicky's is one of America's Best Bars as voted by Esquire Magazine.
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Nicky Blaine's is a total retro experience, 1950s America, all martinis, cigars, dark and mysterious.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I spent a recent Tuesday night at Nicky's while in the city for business. I can't say anything about the food, but I did have a very pleasurable time. There were few fellow patrons, so I picked a comfortable overstuffed couch, had my server turn on the flat screen, and watched an unexpectedly good NFL game. My server showed the perfect level of attentiveness. Frank Sinatra and friends quietly played overhead: no throbbing beats this night. The air was clear with only a hint of tobacco. I chose my own cigars from a reasonable selection of sticks, so cannot comment on the knowledge of the staff on this point. Yes, the cigars were marked up, but so are wine and spirits in every establishment. In short, a memorable evening. I believe that people who judge a tobacco-friendly lounge by the same yardstick used for other nightlife venues miss the point. While Nicky's may not rank with the best of the best overall it is quite good, and additionally offers something most others cannot: a civilized spot to enjoy a good cigar.

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

If you are the type of person that enjoys a good cigar or a cigarette with your drink this place is for you. In a world of ever shrinking public places for an individual to do this nicky blaines is a must visit. If you do not like the 1990's bar aroma this place is not for you. The service is impeccable with top notch martinis made by individuals who know how to make martinis. Will return and have already recommended to friends

Reviewed July 26, 2013

On the recommendation of a colleague, we paid Nicky Blaine's a visit. What fun! Felt like I was stepping onto the set of a Rat Pack movie. Drinks were good and the vibe was cool. Plus, the lounge seating invites you to sit back and enjoy one (or more) of their many martinis. Gotta love it.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stumbled upon this place as I was walking around downtown Indy. I saw the sign and returned for a drink before going to dinner. I'm so glad I did. this place is very cool. even though its in a basement location the décor, music and drink selection is awesome. its reminiscent of the private club atmosphere complete with Sinatra music, a huge menu of craft cocktails, wines, beer, and a complete cigar menu. this is one of the few locations where you can enjoy a cigar. For those of you that do not smoke I have to say that this place was not really smokey at all. Theres many sitting areas of club chairs, couches and niches in addition to the large bar.
they also have a small bar menu of snacks, light sandwiches, shrimp cocktail etc.