“Not bad at all”

Super 8 Indianapolis South
Ranked #146 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Every thing was great the only complaint I would have is the ceiling starting to break apart in the bathroom right above my head in the shower.And I didnt like the big window being so close to the ground that you look out of kinda eary.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed July 9, 2010

I picked this one based on other Trip Advisor reviews. It was a good hotel experience. I was able to find the hotel easily, and I had no problem getting to attractions in the downtown area. The room was very spacious and comfortable. I did not notice any issues with cleanliness. The desk staff were accommodating and pleasant. My only complaint--the bathtub hardware could stand to be replaced. As much water went down the drain as came through the shower head. The water pressure in the shower was still fine, though. Overall, I would stay here again if I were in the Indianapolis area.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 27, 2009

We went to see the Denver Game and wanted a place outside the downtown area. This place is 4 miles south of the Stadium with a Road that leads you right to the Stadium. The place was perfect for us and had all the basic amenities Basic Cable with HBO, Wireless, a small workout room and very important a Business center with a printer for us to print out our tickets. Their breakfast was also good with Waffles and Biscuits gravy. Overall the staff was American and Great.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 20, 2008

You get what you pay for. The rate was cheap - $49/night. The room are old and dated, but clean. Lots of work crews staying here. The location is great. It's 15-20 minutes from airport and downtown depending on traffic. There are a variety of good restaurants and shopping within five miles. We were In town for a convention and didn't want to pay $150-200/night for a downtown hotel. All day garage parking was $12-$18. So we saved the cost of our meals and vehicle but going cheap for the week.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed April 3, 2008

The continental breakfast was not good. No fruit, no bagels...only waffles (batter was spoiled this morning) and biscuits and gravy. The biscuits could have been used as hockey pucks. I couldn't even tear them. My room was supposed to be non-smoking, but obviously the maid smoked in my room while cleaning, because both days when I came back to the room, it reeked of cigarette smoke and there was even ashes in the ashtray, and on the top of my laptop. Otherwise, it was cheap and close to both places I had to be at while in Indy. The bed was very comfortable, however, u needed 2 pillows to make it thick enough. There are too many nearby hotels with similar prices for me to settle with this one again. Next year, I'll be staying somewhere else. On a side note, if you are ever in Indianapolis, be sure to visit Calvary Tabernacle on Fletcher Ave. Amazing!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2008

My friends and I stayed there during a convention in August 2007. We had 2 rooms and Super 8 customer service was very helpful in making sure we had adjoining rooms.

The staff at the hotel was very professional and friendly. They were able to answer our many questions and gave helpful suggestions. Their shuttle service made it easy for our late-waking friend to join us at the convention.

The breakfast was great, we ate in the morning and didn't feel hungry until late afternoon, not bad for 3 large-sized guys!

The rooms and beds were clean and comfortable. I only have 2 complaints: 1) The bathroom. Like others have said, the bathrooms need to be re-vamped. The low-flow toilet was...unexpected. 2) The ice machines. When we stayed there, the upstairs machine was broken and the one downstairs was usually empty. Luckily, there's a Wal Mart & Target nearby, so no loss to us.

Overall, a nice, quiet place to stay. Will definitely return there.

Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed March 1, 2008

This Super 8 used to be a Quality Inn.

We stayed at this location three times in February. Both the checkin and checkout staff were helpful and spoke good English.

Once inside the room, you will notice that the furnishings in each room and its size reflect the former chain rather than what you would typically expect from a Super 8. The only thing I found undesirable about the rooms was the bathroom shower. It was difficult to regulate the hot water through the outdated two knob plumbing. This could be a concern if you are travelling with small children. The rooms were quiet despite being next to the interstate.

Cleanliness was average. As another reviewed noted, the rooms could use a deeper cleaning by moving out furniture and vacuuming behind it and in the corners of the rooms.

The breakfast bar is plentiful, including fruits, waffle maker, cereals, breads, and biscuits and gravy, but some essentials (such as milk and juice) are not always well stocked.

Overall, this is the best value in the area, as both the Comfort Inn and Holiday Inn Express are significantly higher in their per-night rate. The other two hotels in close proximity to the Super 8 do not have good reputations (see reviews on here).

Overall, I believe this is an excellent place to stay when visiting Indianapolis.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business