“Unprofessional Staff” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #134 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Wilmington, Ohio
“Unprofessional Staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

This will be my first & last trip to this Super 8. I have NEVER experienced such unprofessional & immature staff.

How do you select your employees? The blonde, female behind the desk (when she wasn't smoking directly in front of the hotel doors- which seemed to be more often than working) was rude & spent more time talking to staff & other people than me (THE CUSTOMER). Also, is a dress code not required? I'm sorry but flip flops, an oversized jacket and hair that looked like she just got out of bed... really? I wasn't sure if she was a bad employee (which referred to herself as the general manager) or a gang member pretending to work there! Either way, the service was poor.

I also thought I checked in to a daycare instead of a hotel. I kept hearing children laughing & running up & down the hall. I am tolerate of children (as I am a mother) but this was quite disrupting. I opened the door to see what was causing all the excitement - to find the cleaning lady & what appeared to be several of her children. This is ridiculous! Is it the hotels policy to bring your kids to work to avoid paying for daycare? Perhaps, if the cleaning staff would 'clean' instead of looking after her children, I wouldn't have a smelly room with dirty floors and tub.

I travel quite often and have come to expect that there will never be a perfect stay. However, this was far beyond a bad experience. Staff & management should be evaluated & held accountable for this horrible hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank t_harris11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Madison, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for two nights, and this was two nights too many. The entire building is outdated. The woman working the front desk was rude and unhelpful. Additional pillows and blankets were not available. These are all things I have experienced before with hotels, and while they're not pleasant for the right price they can be overlooked. However this hotel took bad to an entirely new level. Our non-smoking room stunk like an ashtray with a foul chemical spray to try and cover it up. The hallways were even worse. The pillows and blankets were full of holes and flimsy, at best, and the two chairs available had mysterious stains that would make anyone uncomfortable. The lights flickered and were cracked. There were only two available outlets and no coffee maker or alarm clock. The water spigot attached to the bathroom sink, presumably to filter drinking water, did not function. And, to top it off, our door did not lock from the outside. This was not discovered until the next morning. When we discussed the issue with the front desk, they sent someone who took their precious time getting back to the room. He did not seem surprised or concerned, and inserted an office key card a few times and played around with it and was able to lock our door and it remained locked while we were gone for the day. However, the next morning we woke up to the same problem. I asked to speak to a manager, who was only available from 3:00-11:00pm Monday-Friday. This conflicted with the event that was our sole reason for coming to Indianapolis, so the front desk employee said she would have the manager call me during those hours. When it was 4:00pm and I had not heard from her, I called the hotel myself twice to no answer. There is no excuse for a hotel in this neighborhood, or a hotel in any neighborhood, to have doors that will not lock leaving guests vulnerable to intruders.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank klh2009
Joplin, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stay frequently in Super 8 Motels because generally they are a decent, clean motel at a decent price. I don't ask a lot of a motel -- we just want a clean placeto sleep.

This motel is worn out. The halls and our room smelled. The furnishings are old, scratched, and worn. Our king rooom has one chair, no dresser. Half of the room is completely empty! No place to put our suitcase. No place to put clothes away. No ironing board. No iron. Bathroom seem a bit grimy.

I've read similar reviews by people and thought, "You won't get the Hilton quality for these prices. Get real!" But we didn't even get Super 8 quality.

Very disappointed. Will never consider staying here again. Would prefer paying more and getting a decent spot.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Grove City, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed for 1 night while on a school trip. Hotel is VERY outdated. My furniture in my room seems to have been made in the 1980's and as very badly worn.
Room also had a funny smell. The floor had stains all over the place and was very dirty in the corners. Bathrrom as clean but bathtub faucet dripped all the time. Blankets and comforter both had burn holes in them even though I had the non smoking room. Only good quality was the staff and the breakfast bar. Next trip I think I will find someplace nicer to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo