“FFA National Convention Stay”

Super 8 Indianapolis South
Ranked #136 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My friend and I stayed at the Super 8 on Bixler Road Oct. 19, 2012 in room 107. I read all of the recent reviews on Trip Advisor and did not see anything about bugs or dirty rooms so I decided to give the hotel a chance. My friend and I was in the room a max of 8 hrs! As soon as we arrived (around 9:30 p.m.) we changed clothes and headed downtown to party and we didn't get back to the room until 3 a.m. Normally, I pull the sheets back and check the bed for bugs whenever I travel, but we were intoxicated when we returned and headed straight to bed. We woke up at 10:30 a.m., grabbed some pastries from the dining room and immediately got dressed and checked out. As we continued on our journey to Chicago, I became incredibly itchy on my neck, chin, arms and shoulders. Because we were in the car I was unable to get a good look at the bite marks. When we arrived at the hotel in Chicago four hours later, I stripped and noticed large red bite marks on my body. I cannot for sure say that I was bitten by bed bugs as the hotel allows pets so it could have been fleas, or even a spider, but both me and my friend had bug bite marks all over our bodies. Overall this hotel appears to be clean, and is conveniently located within miles of Downtown, however there is a Holiday Inn express across the street and I would take my chances there before I stay at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The Super 8 beds are very comfortable--not too hard. The staff was very pleasant. The lobby and rooms were beginning to show age and there was a disinfectant odor. The room rate was good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple