“So Many Fun Events to Attend!”

Garfield Park Conservatory & Sunken Garden
Ranked #39 of 176 things to do in Indianapolis
Reviewed February 3, 2013

What an amazing find. In spring the flowers are in full bloom. The fountain area has been renovated. This large park makes me proud to say I live in Indy. In summer and fall my family, friends attend live theater outdoors. In winter we always visit the conservatory with some many different plants, the water system throughout, even the music piped in is to my liking. A hugh plus, as if one was needed, are the model scale trains traveling all around. The price can't be beat. Donations for the conservatory (I think) and minumal for performances. Keep watch in the Indy Star for activities/events.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Being used to the botanical gardens in Milwaukee and St Paul, I came away from Garfield Park disappointed. The conservatory is very small and you are done in about 10 minutes. The outside grounds are just OK. I kept looking for "more", but there just wasn't "more".

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We are Master Gardeners and enjoy the work that has been put into this facility. we enjoy visiting as often as we can.

1  Thank ppowers567
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We visited the end of September. The Conservatory is beautiful, lots of lush plants and a cute waterfall and pond at one end with a bench, perfect for taking a short break. When we visited they were having an orchid exhibit with plants you could purchase. The Sunken Garden was disappointing because the fountains were 'being maintained', apparently for the entire season. There was great fall color in the park however so we got good pictures. We plan to go back in the spring to take graduation pictures. One negative, the bathroom, there's only one and it's small and gross. Plan to go before you arrive or wait until after.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is a very beautiful garden and a mature Conservatory with large plants. It is especially beautiful in the summer when the flowers are in bloom. Renovation for this lovely place was funded by Eli Lilly.