“Early Hibachi Dinner with Family”

Tomo Japanese Steak House & Sushi
Ranked #363 of 2,359 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Japanese
“Early Hibachi Dinner with Family”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Great neighborhood restaurant. Stopped here for an early dinner with family. Good food, good service, OK on price. I had the hibachi chicken meal and one in our party had a sushi dish. You have to asked them to add less salt . Overall a good dining experience. I will return.

Visited June 2014

Cicero, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good food, nice presentation, and attractive dining atmosphere”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We like Japanese cuisine, and were pleasantly surprised with Tomo. Have a long experience with one of their nearby competitors and will continue to patronize that establishment. Tomo has a more elegant atmosphere, though, and we would recommend it for that. Food at both places is better than we have found around US at other Japanese restaurants.

• Visited March 2014
Zionsville, Indiana
“Best Sushi and Service in Indy”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I have been coming here on a regular basis for a couple of years and have dined at about every Japanese Sushi restaurant in Indy and I am not going to make any bold claim like this is the absolute best but the sushi is definitely near the top in both quality and price. I never go the hibachi route but it always seems busy and people seem to enjoy themselves. As far as the cooked Japanese options, I don't normally go that route much either but everything I have had has been very good. Service is the area that is always tops but like any restaurant it can slip if they get very busy but I can say I have found service here to be superior to any other restaurant in the area. Also, you cant tell from the outside but I find the interior to be nicer than you would expect. If you are traveling to Indy on business and in the Keystone Crossing area this place is only a few minutes south on Keystone.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Tim M
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Yum!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Great hibachi and sushi. I've gone a few times now for hibachi and the portions are so large we generally share a sushi role and a hibachi meal. It's way better than Benihana's. The cooks are very entertaining and clearly enjoy their job. I've also gone for lunch and their lunch special is well... nothing special. I recommend sticking with the specialty sushi roles or doing hibachi.

• Visited February 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Terrible value”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I brought my family of 4 to Tomo for dinner. We all love Hibachi. We all ordered filet and paid for filet; however, my family got a few pieces of meat and a mountain of rice. I raised a complaint to the "manager" and I received a "well the chef said he did everything right". Unbelievable. I paid almost 100 dollars for rice. For the record, the other 4 adults at the hibachi table took to-go boxes of filet home - they had more than they could eat.

• Visited March 2013