“no consistency with service”

Tomo Japanese Steak House & Sushi
Ranked #385 of 2,416 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I go to this place all the time and the food is always good at the hibachi grill. But, Jan.11,2013 they forced our table to speed eat because they had people waiting. They brought soup and salad within 1 minute of each other and handed us our checks after our food was just prepared. And kept coming back to check for your payment while you were trying to eat. Most of the time they're not busy and you wait 35 minutes for 1st drinks and soup/salad and the 1 cook they have staffed. The other problem is upon the ice tea refills (dont even ask for lemon/sugar), they take your glass somewhere in the back to fill it..yikes.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Best Hibachi in town! Great food and atmosphere. The service was awesome. Our sever was Rita and she was amazing. I will be asking for her next time. They have the best YumYum sauce in town!!!!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

You've never seen such gorgeous plating. Every roll comes with the sauces in design form. Hearts, horseshoes, abstract. And, the sushi is fabulous. We get sashimi and a couple of specialty rolls. The fish is very fresh and the rolls are wonderful combinations.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I have been there at least 5 times now and have to say it's some of the best Sushi in Indy and amazingly fresh every time. I a huge fan of Sakura, but go here because it's not as crowded and you can always get a seat. Great Lunch specials as well.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

This is one of my favorite Sushi places in Indy. The sushi is fresh - light and just wonderful. My all time favorite is the Volcano Roll - it comes to you flaming! I haven't had anything here that wasn't top notch. I have even had the hibatchi teriyaki chicken which was sooo good. I think you get alot for your money here. I can't say enough about the stafff - extremely friendly. I highly recommend.