“Great Service, Ambiance, Food”
Review of Lorenzo's Ristorante - CLOSED

Lorenzo's Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian, Soups
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S. Meridian & Maryland
Description: Whether you come to Lorenzo's Ristorante for a quiet one-on-one conversation, a relaxed dinner with friends, a wedding reception or other large-scale events, Geoffrey, and the rest of Lorenzo's knowledgeable staff are dedicated to ensuring that your experience is characterized by the relaxed charm and authentic cuisine that are the two inseparable components of true Italian dining.
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Lorenzo's Ristorante is adjacent to the Hampton Inn Downtown. It was the perfect spot for dinner after a long, grueling trip to the city for a conference. From the moment we sat down, we began to relax over hot, crusty Italian bread, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. My husband ordered a good chardonnay, and we both had the clams over linguine. They were done perfectly, not rubbery at all. The generous portion had lots of clams. We topped off the meal with cappuccino and tartuffo. It was just the lift we needed.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Great food, service outstanding. Went in with reservation for 15, were sat at two tables due to amount in group, my boss started rearranging, staff came over and completed it for him with no fuss whatsoever.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

We met an out of town friend here for dinner. The service was wonderful. Geoffrey the general manager was delightful and helpful with the wine selections. The meal was fabulous. The location is in the heart of downtown, but kind of hidden. The ambience is elegant but not stuffy. Enjoy!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I went to Lorenzo's for my birthday and it happened to be during Devour Downtown. It is an expensive experience minus the effect on the wallet. I will definitely go there again. First, I loved how they were willing to accommodate changes I made to my reservation and when we were late. Upon arrival we were warmly greeted and because we were late we had to wait for a table (Devour Downtown is a big deal), but the wait was only 15 minutes. We were forewarned about our dinner taking a bit to complete by but our red headed waiter who acted as though we were the only ones there and was very knowledgeable about the menu. I ordered the shrimp scampi and had cheese cake for desert. I didn't feel well so I couldn't partake in the alcohol available, but they offer plenty of options (especially for wine). The bread was delicious, but the shrimp scampi was incredibly hot. I wasn't feeling well, but after bearing through eating such a hot dish, my nose opened. I could hardly taste the shrimp scampi because of the intensity of seasoning and I did not expect this intensity. It didn't ruin my experience. The cheesecake was marvelous and even though I ordered off the special menu for Devour Downtown, I was able to nibble some of the chopped salad my father ordered and it is by far my favorite. The dressing tasted like the home made dressing my mother makes. I definitely recommend this restaurant, but beware of the hot dishes.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

We were staying downtown for a weekend getaway and selected Lorenzo's from the large number of nearby dining options. My partner and I were glad we did. The menu was more than adequate, and our various choices were excellent. The room had soft lighting (but not too little), pleasant (and low) music, and comfortable seating. The lighted fireplace was a nice touch on a cold winter evening. But it was the service provided by George that will bring us back. It was flawless - things arrived and were taken away at the perfect intervals, and refills of drinks were right on time. Plus, if another waited happened to come past our table, he would take away any empty plates without regard for "whose table" this was. It was clear the staff was working as a team to make our evening an enjoyable experience.