“Solo bar dinner”

Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S. Meridian & Maryland
Description: Whether you come to Lorenzo's Ristorante for a quiet one-on-one conversation, a relaxed dinner with friends, a wedding reception or other large-scale events, Geoffrey, and the rest of Lorenzo's knowledgeable staff are dedicated to ensuring that your experience is characterized by the relaxed charm and authentic cuisine that are the two inseparable components of true Italian dining.
New Port Richey, Florida
“Solo bar dinner”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I came into this bar per the recommendations of trip advisor and ate at the bar. The bar tender was very nice and helpful and gave me some recommendations.

I started with a glass of pinot noir and a caprese salad. The cheese was great, but the tomatos and basil looked old. I moved on to my lasagna which was rich with flavor and exactly what I wanted. The portions were large and filling. I ended the night with some cheesecake. While the cheesecake was good, it wasn't the best I had ever had.

The venue was clean and quiet (which I hoped to expect for this type of restaurant). The staff were very friendly and I enjoyed my experience.

For $45 + tip, I thought the meal was reasonable.

Overall, I would come back and try some other things on the menu.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank rcornell
Tiffany G, Public Relations Manager at Lorenzo's Ristorante, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
We want to thank you for your recent review of your dining experience at our bar. We always enjoy hearing from our guests, and were happy to read that you enjoyed your evening with us! We hope that you think of us again when dining out in Indy, and that you find the rest of our menu as delicious as the lasagna!

Indiana
“Good Food”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I have eaten here twice and had good food and service both times. It is right downtown and convenient to all downtown events. We had a table by the window which was good for people watching. The atmosphere is cozy. We had an artichoke appetizer that was delicious. The scallop special was excellent and served with a spicy pasta. I love the chicken marsala with the rosemary potatoes. I had the cheesecake dessert which was served with fruit compote. This was the only item I would not order again. We look forward to dining here again.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank keys1
TiffanyGetch, Public Relations Manager at Lorenzo's Ristorante, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We are happy to hear that each experience here with us has been enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again soon, and hope that one of our other dessert items will be more to your liking. Again, thank you!
devo4924
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is a nice little spot. The exterior doesn't really do it justice. I dined with a large party when in Indy and enjoyed myself. I wasn't that hungry, so I had the chopped salad and it was delicious. I sampled some of my companions' meals. The steak was surprisingly good - as tender as you would get at a steakhouse. The veal piccata was tasty as well. Ironically, I didn't try a pasta dish; however, one of my cohorts had the bolognese and said it was good. Our waiter was extremely friendly and was happy to make recommendations.

• Visited March 2013
We want to thank you for your recent review of your experience at Lorenzo's! We are always pleased to hear that a guest had an enjoyable experience and that their food was delicious. We hope that the next time you join us is just as pleasant and perhaps you'll try one of our amazing pasta dishes!
Indianapolis
“Good, not great”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Four of us dined at Lorenzo's on a Wednesday night. The decor is nice and inviting, but as soon as we walked through the restaurant, it became clear to me that the tables were too close together. The crowded feeling and overall noise level made dinner less than relaxing. It is not a place to linger. Some of us ordered wine. There were a number of italian wines available by the glass. One member of our group wanted to order beer and was very disappointed in the selection. Perhaps this is not surprising as this is an Italian restaurant. We ordered meatballs as an appetizer. The meatballs were excellent. I would definately order them again and wish I had chosen meatballs as an entree. I had the pear salad and it was quite good as well. Unfortunately, tne entrees were just okay. I had a penne pasta dish with artichokes and chicken. It was a bit oily for my taste and the chicken was grainy in texture. It was good, but not remarkable. I would not order it again. Everyone else's entrees seems to be about the same. No one raved about their meal.

• Visited March 2013
TiffanyGetch, Public Relations Manager at Lorenzo's Ristorante, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for your recent comments on your evening here at Lorenzo's. We always appreciate hearing how your dining experience went- even when that experience was less than perfection. Hearing that your group left feeling that their meals were not worthy of a rave review is not acceptable to us. We hope that you return soon to give us another chance to impress!
Toledo, Ohio
“Many better options abound.”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The food here is nothing spectacular at all. In fact I would describe it as rather bland. The restaurant is connected to the Hampton Inn. You would be better off going to the Spaghetti Warehouse nearby if you want delicious Italian food.

Visited March 2013
We are very saddened to hear that your recent experience with us left you dissatisfied. Any time a guest leaves feeling that their meal was anything less than delicious is always unacceptable to us. We hope that you give us another chance in the future to impress you with our menu.