“Very good food, service and atmosphere”
Review of Lorenzo's Ristorante - CLOSED

Lorenzo's Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian, Soups
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S. Meridian & Maryland
Description: Whether you come to Lorenzo's Ristorante for a quiet one-on-one conversation, a relaxed dinner with friends, a wedding reception or other large-scale events, Geoffrey, and the rest of Lorenzo's knowledgeable staff are dedicated to ensuring that your experience is characterized by the relaxed charm and authentic cuisine that are the two inseparable components of true Italian dining.
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Stopped by here for a solo dinner while on business in downtown Indy. Good-enough sized bar, which is where I sat since I was going solo. Located well in the downtown area, accessible to everything downtown.

Food was excellent. Service was also excellent - particularly Brianna at the bar, who really took great care of me and other patrons. Nice wine selection, good wines by the glass. Not over the top expensive, but not a cheap place either. This is a place for a good meal, good service, and a nice atmosphere. You really can't go wrong.

I would also note that this place is definitely a good place for solo business persons if you wish to sit at the bar.

TiffanyGetch, Public Relations Manager at Lorenzo's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent dining experience at Lorenzo's! We always love to hear from our guests- we appreciate your patronage.

We are delighted that you enjoyed not only the food and drink, but your service as well. We will be sure to pass along the praise to Brianna!

Thank you again, and we look forward to you stopping by again while you're in town! Cheers!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We have eaten here 3-4 times. Always excellent. I booked our room at the Hampton next door, not only because it's a great hotel, but because of the proximity to Lorenzo's.

1  Thank Mike W
TiffanyGetch, Public Relations Manager at Lorenzo's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words! We always love hearing from our guests. We hope that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, and that your meal with us was exceptional! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

This was on of the best places we have ate in Indy. The food was great and the service was as well. We were not rushed to order and could have time to talk and review the menu. There was a large party going on in the back dining area, but this did not slow the service. Was very pleased and will probably return on our next trip!!

TiffanyGetch, Public Relations Manager at Lorenzo's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Thank you so much for taking a moment to comment on your recent evening at Lorenzo's! We are always happy to hear such wonderful remarks about our servers, and delighted that your time with us was enjoyable! We look forward to seeing you the next time you return to Indianapolis!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I enjoyed myself the first night, so much so that I went back to Lorenzo's the next night also. I was traveling on business and was looking for a non-chain Italian restaurant, within walking distance from my downtown hotel that had a bar a single could eat at. I walked down Maryland to this well located restaurant, was happy with the clean, contemporary interior, and found a full bar. I had a couple Michigan micro-brews and ordered the enough for 4 charcuterie plate (Antipasto Misto)...good meats, average cheese and average olives. Then I tried the Red Pepper Pappardella Bolognese, assuming any self respecting Italian place would nail this one...it didn't hurt that the loquacious and friendly owner, who was sitting next to me, was having the same thing. The pasta was good and passed the test. The bartender was very personable, and very attentive to all my needs.
The next night I had the Calamari appetizer, which was tender and absolutely delicious, followed by the Chicken Chiantigiana. I was very hungry and made this tender, sauce laden piece of chicken disappear in a few minutes. Still hungry I treated myself to a tasty piece of moist cheesecake and an after dinner drink.
All in all, the food and service were very good, and I'd recommend this place if you're looking for something nice in downtown Indy that doesn't have the chain restaurant, overly salty, everything a la' carte, massive portion thing going on.

TiffanyGetch, Public Relations Manager at Lorenzo's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Thank you so much for your comment! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your dinner not once, but twice! We hope that you continue to think of us as your Local Spot when you travel to Indy- we'll save a seat for you!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Although it has been open for about a year, I had not heard of Lorenzo's yet. I went with some business collagues. The server couldn't have been more helpful. He made great suggestions when asked and was very knowledgable. He passed are dinner perfectly (we were talking a lot). We had the mussels as an appetizer (great garlic broth); wonderful pear salad and fresh baked bread. The table had the meatballs and pasta and the raviolo. Everyone liked their choices. The wine was very good too. It was pretty quite - although it was a week night. I hope it gets better known.

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your experience at Lorenzo's. We are so happy to hear that your group enjoyed their evening. Our goal is to make every time you dine with us the best time. We hope to see you again soon!