“Great Food and Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lorenzo's Ristorante - CLOSED

Lorenzo's Ristorante
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S. Meridian & Maryland
Description: Whether you come to Lorenzo's Ristorante for a quiet one-on-one conversation, a relaxed dinner with friends, a wedding reception or other large-scale events, Geoffrey, and the rest of Lorenzo's knowledgeable staff are dedicated to ensuring that your experience is characterized by the relaxed charm and authentic cuisine that are the two inseparable components of true Italian dining.
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great Food and Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

This was on of the best places we have ate in Indy. The food was great and the service was as well. We were not rushed to order and could have time to talk and review the menu. There was a large party going on in the back dining area, but this did not slow the service. Was very pleased and will probably return on our next trip!!

• Visited December 2012
TiffanyGetch, Public Relations Manager at Lorenzo's Ristorante, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you so much for taking a moment to comment on your recent evening at Lorenzo's! We are always happy to hear such wonderful remarks about our servers, and delighted that your time with us was enjoyable! We look forward to seeing you the next time you return to Indianapolis!

Detroit, Michigan
“Good Non-chain Italian Place in Downtown Indy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

I enjoyed myself the first night, so much so that I went back to Lorenzo's the next night also. I was traveling on business and was looking for a non-chain Italian restaurant, within walking distance from my downtown hotel that had a bar a single could eat at. I walked down Maryland to this well located restaurant, was happy with the clean, contemporary interior, and found a full bar. I had a couple Michigan micro-brews and ordered the enough for 4 charcuterie plate (Antipasto Misto)...good meats, average cheese and average olives. Then I tried the Red Pepper Pappardella Bolognese, assuming any self respecting Italian place would nail this one...it didn't hurt that the loquacious and friendly owner, who was sitting next to me, was having the same thing. The pasta was good and passed the test. The bartender was very personable, and very attentive to all my needs.
The next night I had the Calamari appetizer, which was tender and absolutely delicious, followed by the Chicken Chiantigiana. I was very hungry and made this tender, sauce laden piece of chicken disappear in a few minutes. Still hungry I treated myself to a tasty piece of moist cheesecake and an after dinner drink.
All in all, the food and service were very good, and I'd recommend this place if you're looking for something nice in downtown Indy that doesn't have the chain restaurant, overly salty, everything a la' carte, massive portion thing going on.

• Visited December 2012
TiffanyGetch, Public Relations Manager at Lorenzo's Ristorante, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you so much for your comment! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your dinner not once, but twice! We hope that you continue to think of us as your Local Spot when you travel to Indy- we'll save a seat for you!
“Super service and very good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Although it has been open for about a year, I had not heard of Lorenzo's yet. I went with some business collagues. The server couldn't have been more helpful. He made great suggestions when asked and was very knowledgable. He passed are dinner perfectly (we were talking a lot). We had the mussels as an appetizer (great garlic broth); wonderful pear salad and fresh baked bread. The table had the meatballs and pasta and the raviolo. Everyone liked their choices. The wine was very good too. It was pretty quite - although it was a week night. I hope it gets better known.

• Visited November 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your experience at Lorenzo's. We are so happy to hear that your group enjoyed their evening. Our goal is to make every time you dine with us the best time. We hope to see you again soon!
Yukon, Oklahoma
“a little taste of italy in indy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

had a delicious true italian dinner of angel hair and meatballs (some of the best meatballs since my italian mother in law made for me) and a quiet little place called Lorenzo's. I also enjoyed the Moscato St. James wine, and the bread.

I highly recommend this as the finest italian food I have found in the capital city. I sat at the bar as I was alone and received great service and a beautiful smile.

• Visited November 2012
Thank you so much for your review! We are happy to hear that our house-made meatballs were a hit. We hope that the next time you are visiting Indianapolis that you join us again for dinner!
Beirut, Lebanon
“Extremely upscale and delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

We had dinner twice (both nights we were in the Hampton Inn) very conveniently located in the hotel if you do not wish to go out in the cold, buut also accessible from another seperate door. The quality of food and wine is superrb with a convenient price. The service is amazing very professional and helpful. Jay is nice and handsome :) he is elegant with customers and adised us well on the wine.

Visited October 2012
Thank you so much for your comment! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed both evenings with us, and we hope that your stay at the Hampton Inn was just as delightful. We look forward to serving you again in the future, and hope that you think of us the next time you are in Indianapolis!